[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Chris Mannix with Bobby Marks from today
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/23/2017  5:46 PM
Not a lot of Knicks stuff. Both guys don't think there is much of a market for Melo. Mentioned the Clippers. Mannix thinks the Knicks might just waive Melo. Marks suggested that if Melo was waived and got a 2 year deal for 30 mil, it would give the Knicks some relief on the salary obligation and that the Knicks could stretch the rest of what is owed Melo. KP's situation was mentioned briefly. Both guys are perplexed about how the Knicks have handled things. Mannix mentioned not one things is a big deal but when you add them all up it is bad. Marks mentioned what Greg Monroe did with the Pistons. A lot of good stuff about the Celtics and the options they have both with the #1 pick and all of their assets. Marks said he might be more inclined to re-up Bradley over Thomas among other things.
https://art19.com/shows/vertical-chris-mannix/episodes/0517049f-992c-4bcd-9eea-0d94f731e978
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/23/2017  6:20 PM
Wow, Waiving Melo is extreme!!!!
Even as a salary dump nobody would want him, or he won't accept a trade?
This will never end well for either. Except Melo will get paid. Did you mean to say that they would negotiate a 30 mil discount, with the new team making up the difference? Perhaps that's what you meant?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/23/2017  6:24 PM
Nalod wrote:Wow, Waiving Melo is extreme!!!!
This will never end well for either. Except Melo will get paid. Did you mean to say that they would negotiate a 30 mil discount, with the new team making up the difference? Perhaps that's what you meant?
Sort of. Marks suggested that Leon Rose would go out and negotiate with teams with the Knicks permission and if Melo signed a 2 yr deal for 30 mil Melo's new team would be responsible for that part of the contract.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/23/2017  7:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Sort of. Marks suggested that Leon Rose would go out and negotiate with teams with the Knicks permission and if Melo signed a 2 yr deal for 30 mil Melo's new team would be responsible for that part of the contract.

I doubt Melo will help out Phil like that. Melo actually gets more money if he signs for the vet min since that does not count against the salary that way he gets paid from his new team while still getting all his Knicks money. This also helps his new team sign other players which is also in his best interest.

Nalod
USA
5/24/2017  7:23 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Your assuming then a team would pick up Melo off of waivers. But I didn't know a team can pre negotiate that. Waiver players are then free agents after they clear. A team would have to claim him off waivers.

Why help phil out? Melo gets to play where he wants, phil gets some relief. He could sit Melo if he just wants his money.
I suppose the NTC does not kick in?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/24/2017  8:21 AM
Phil's basically boxed himself in with the public - we've got to trade Melo. I don't know why he thought it helped his case.

Just tell him behind the scenes, we're going a different direction. If you're still here, you will be used differently - off the bench, and no guarantee on your minutes. I will work with you to trade you, and that would be my preference. We're rebuilding, I need a top pick from the draft in the next 2 years, why do you want to be here for that losing?

Nalod
USA
5/24/2017  9:43 AM
franco12 wrote:Phil's basically boxed himself in with the public - we've got to trade Melo. I don't know why he thought it helped his case.

Just tell him behind the scenes, we're going a different direction. If you're still here, you will be used differently - off the bench, and no guarantee on your minutes. I will work with you to trade you, and that would be my preference. We're rebuilding, I need a top pick from the draft in the next 2 years, why do you want to be here for that losing?

League GM's know whats up with Knicks, so the public statement I doubt hurt his value.
Why go public shaming? Cuz Melo has put his preference to work and live in NYC as a priority. Its a nice thing mind you, he likes it here and he wants to be near his son. Lets leave the marital thing out.

Knicks priority is to on the court issues. Melo is 33 and two years on his contract and it won't happen with him here for reasons you agree with or not. But he has the leverage, and his brand. What Phil has done is call melo out for winning. "If you want to win, you'll be better off somewhere else". Melo not wanting to leave says "I don't care about winning". This is by default, not a direct quote. Melo also said if knicks wanted to go in a different direction, he'd be cool to a trade. He has his NTC. That is the more reasonable path. What was said when he was given the NTC is not for our consumption so we don't know. Knicks gave melo the leverage but that does not mean he controls the direction of the franchise.
At the end of the day its about money and basketball.
Any video coordinater or scout for other teams (NBA scouts opponents) knows our team, our problems and melo's strengths and weakness. Melo can be a "Paul Pierce" type player for a very good team and elevate them. he can't be the Alpha star anymore. That is not a secret only knicks and us fans know.

Chris Mannix with Bobby Marks from today

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy