[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would you be willing to trade pick #8 to Portland for 15-20-26?

Author Poll
BRIGGS
Member: #303
Just checking to see. Im not sure there's a star at 8 but I feel good that a multitude of players in rd 1 will be quality players.
No the one player adds too much quality
Yes we have many holes and 3 picks gives us much more latitude to fill them
View Results

Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/23/2017  6:07 PM
Chandler wrote:
Kemet wrote:When u have Phil Jackson selecting draft picks .. having 3 first round picks will not help his poor selection.
can you name a bad pick from Phil in the first round? Just curious, I raised this the other day. I might be forgetting someone but he has a pretty good record
I agree. Phil has done well in the draft
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/23/2017  6:27 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:No. Never trade down when you have the opportunity to draft a young star. Quality over quantity. Trade-downs very rarely work out. Drafting BPA does.

Eddie Griffith for Richard Jefferson, Collins and brandon Armstrong.... worked really well for the Nets

Looking back... that's the exception rather that the rule. I searched draft day trades and it rarely works out for the team with the higher pick, unless you have Jason Kidd as your PG lol

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/23/2017  6:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:No. Never trade down when you have the opportunity to draft a young star. Quality over quantity. Trade-downs very rarely work out. Drafting BPA does.

Eddie Griffith for Richard Jefferson, Collins and brandon Armstrong.... worked really well for the Nets

Looking back... that's the exception rather that the rule. I searched draft day trades and it rarely works out for the team with the higher pick, unless you have Jason Kidd as your PG lol

That was a great trade. Rod Thorn was an amazing executive for the Nets.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
5/23/2017  6:41 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Kemet wrote:When u have Phil Jackson selecting draft picks .. having 3 first round picks will not help his poor selection.
can you name a bad pick from Phil in the first round? Just curious, I raised this the other day. I might be forgetting someone but he has a pretty good record

Jerian Grant? and hes had some high 2's we havent been devoid of picks. We took C Early before Jokic--I mean by 1 when we had no bigs. Pick #4 is pretty easy.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/23/2017  9:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Jerian Grant? and hes had some high 2's we havent been devoid of picks. We took C Early before Jokic--I mean by 1 when we had no bigs. Pick #4 is pretty easy.

Jerian Grant killed himself. He has the impeccable resume and pedigree. Early was developed well but got shot when it was looking like his turn to move into the rotation. Everything can't be perfect. Every player you draft isn't going to stick

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
5/24/2017  2:38 AM
Id like to call Portland about this trade--anyone have Paul Allen's number? They have too many players under contract and we'll do much better moving back. Phil--come on phil 8 stinks!!
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/24/2017  5:41 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:It would be interesting to see the metrics on this. That said, like half of the 3 all nba teams' players were picked 15 or later. I think you give yourself better odds with 3 picks than 1.

It depends on the depth of the draft Bonn. Many times--you'd probably say no way. This draft a bit different. Also Im not sure what we are doing with Carmelo. If hes going--I think IF available--Id take the 3 picks. After Fox--I dont view any PG with that much over the other for the next 3-4 taken. You can also be risky with one of the picks

Obviously it does but I think it's very hard to know in advance how deep a draft is. No one really knows how the top 30 or 60 guys drafted will do in the NBA. I'm going to guess in most drafts, the cumulative value of picks 15, 20, and 26 is higher than pick 8.
BRIGGS
6/20/2017  1:42 AM
This is my final best choice if it's plausible
The honest truth is the quality depth of the draft
Outweighs a singular pick after 5.
For a rebuilding team like the Knicks
15-20-26 might be the optimum cumulative haul for the team
RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
6/20/2017  1:46 AM
BRIGGS wrote:This is my final best choice if it's plausible
The honest truth is the quality depth of the draft
Outweighs a singular pick after 5.
For a rebuilding team like the Knicks
15-20-26 might be the optimum cumulative haul for the team

I think Phil has at least thought about this option. I don't think it's his 1st option tho. I think he'd prefer to try and add a 2nd 1st rd Pick and keep #8. I think that's how he's thinking at this point.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/20/2017  7:14 AM
I voted no. I'd love to add several players, and we do have 2 rounders which I realize aren't the same.

We need depth but we must find a franchise impact talent. KP can't do it alone and if we're not careful we waste him much as we did with Ewing.

Basketball is the one team sport where 1 uber talent can change the course of a team, a franchise, a season.

If this were football or baseball, yes, this kind of trade would make more sense.

I know we can go back and pick players and years where this deal would make sense, but overall, statistically, it's easier to find the future star at 8 than later in the draft, even accounting for the 3 picks.

Would you be willing to trade pick #8 to Portland for 15-20-26?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy