Mock draft--Im made picks based on how I think it might go
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/23/2017  1:52 PM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Chad Fords Big Board is starting to settle in. Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Tatum, Fox, Isaac, Monk, and Smith in that order. He says Smith, who is ranked 8th, would be top 3 in a lot of drafts. After that, there is an implied drop-off to Collins, Markkanen, and Ntilikina, although the drop could be small. Still, seems like top 8 is where you want to be.

Wonder if we can do a package of Smith jr to Dallas for Seth and #9.

Do we really want to do something like that if we have a chance to draft an all-star as 8?

Just going over the many different possible options. If Smith blows Phil away during his interviews and workouts and proves worthy of the pick and he falls to us then great. If he doesn't impress but Dallas covets him due to great fit then it would be worth it to explore what we could get for a talent like this who isn't what we are looking for.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

5/23/2017  3:01 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:If Donovan Mitchell, Hammaudo Diallo, and Frank Jackson are all projected to go later than 20, we need to get multiple late first round picks. They all fit the triangle but can be meaningful contributors in other systems should we find ourselves transitioning to something else, post-Phil "dickhead" Jackson.

I still think there is a deal to be made with the Raptors and Knicks, using our cap space to take on DeMarre Carroll, the 23rd pick and 2nd rounders.

I also think that if we were to trade Lance Thomas and about $8 million salary relief for Evan Turner, the Blazers would be willing to give up their pick at either 20 or 26. I think we could live with Evan Turner would fits the triangle and could put up numbers in a post-Melo era, so why not roll the dice?

I could live with an offseason that includes Evan Turner and two of Diallo, Mitchell and Jackson.

Both of your trade ideas are intriguing

We'd have to believe DeMarre and Turner can contribute though. They are enigmas, i.e., players who might contribute in certain situations/teams/systems and not in other. You can put I.Thomas in that camp too and maybe Jae Crowder too (The Celts have a penchant for making certain players look good -- who never played so well before they joined celts or after they left)

I'd see Carroll and Turner as dead weight. The price for us getting those extra picks. Plus, they're good locker room we examples for the young guys and another positive step toward a stealth tank. Only concern I would have is cap flexibility in the future.

i'd pass on the temptation then. There are going to be other opportunities besides first rounders to risk dead weight -- we seems to lose big when we take on dead weight.

overseas FAs, displaced vets (from all the new rooks, or second year players).

(5)(5)
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/23/2017  3:53 PM
Cool write up Briggs and good idea NardDog on the ET trade, that one I would sign up for
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

5/24/2017  8:56 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:If Donovan Mitchell, Hammaudo Diallo, and Frank Jackson are all projected to go later than 20, we need to get multiple late first round picks. They all fit the triangle but can be meaningful contributors in other systems should we find ourselves transitioning to something else, post-Phil "dickhead" Jackson.

I still think there is a deal to be made with the Raptors and Knicks, using our cap space to take on DeMarre Carroll, the 23rd pick and 2nd rounders.

I also think that if we were to trade Lance Thomas and about $8 million salary relief for Evan Turner, the Blazers would be willing to give up their pick at either 20 or 26. I think we could live with Evan Turner would fits the triangle and could put up numbers in a post-Melo era, so why not roll the dice?

I could live with an offseason that includes Evan Turner and two of Diallo, Mitchell and Jackson.

Out of all the posts i've seen of possible trades Knicks could make that we'd have to take back a bad contract, Evan Turner is one of the top players on a bad contract i'd want. Like you said, he fits the triangle and plays both sides of the court. I think he was just lost in Portland with Lilliard and McCollum being the whole offense on that team and could be better with a role on the Knicks and the triangle system.

I know that Turner has gotten a bad wrap by most but like you, I think he's actually a more serviceable player. We'd need someone that we could consistently get some type of play action from if/when we dump Melo and I think Turner would be perfect to fill the roll. He'll help us keep things interesting during the rebuild but won't win us games outright to hurt our draft seedings. And if he allows us to add another potential rotation player on a cost-controlled contract, I'm all for it, since his contract will have expired by the time we are truly ready to compete.

NardDogNation

5/24/2017  9:02 AM
Chandler wrote:

We'd have to believe DeMarre and Turner can contribute though. They are enigmas, i.e., players who might contribute in certain situations/teams/systems and not in other. You can put I.Thomas in that camp too and maybe Jae Crowder too (The Celts have a penchant for making certain players look good -- who never played so well before they joined celts or after they left)

I doubt that DeMarre Carroll has much of anything left in the tank. He hasn't been the same player since leaving Atlanta but he has been a good citizen during his career and a good locker room presence. Considering how he has made his bones in this league- through hardwork and perseverance- I'd gladly welcome him as a mentor for the 2 seasons he has left on his contract.

I think Turner is a completely different story and his skillset might allow him to look like the best player on the team because of how well he fits into the triangle (very good rebounder, can push the ball/pass, is a good defender and scores in the midrange). I'd look to him to fill stats during our rebuild and at least keep the team competitive as we pile up losses.

NardDogNation

5/24/2017  9:06 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I'd see Carroll and Turner as dead weight. The price for us getting those extra picks. Plus, they're good locker room we examples for the young guys and another positive step toward a stealth tank. Only concern I would have is cap flexibility in the future.

I agree that Carroll is deadweight but believe that Turner can perform. As I said in another post, he's an excellent rebounder, can push/handle the ball and make the appropriate pass. And as a scorer, he's looking for midrange shot, which is exactly the types of shots that the triangle produces. He certainly would not be a building block but I think he'd help us keep things interesting as we develop the roster. He only has 3 years left on his contract, which is around the time we should be looking to compete if our rebuild was done appropriately.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/24/2017  4:35 PM
Woj reporting Frank Jackson had foot surgery, out til probably September - could mean he slides in the draft.
reub
Member: #6227

5/24/2017  4:39 PM
smackeddog wrote:Woj reporting Frank Jackson had foot surgery, out til probably September - could mean he slides in the draft.

He would be a nice selection in the 2nd round.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/24/2017  4:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2017  4:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:Woj reporting Frank Jackson had foot surgery, out til probably September - could mean he slides in the draft.

My guess is he has a promise. Now does that change? If he slides Id try to acquire an additional 2nd round pick to our 2--I mean no brainer. Absolute negligible risk --kid just turned 19

It could also be a set up for the promised team.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/24/2017  9:27 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Out of all the posts i've seen of possible trades Knicks could make that we'd have to take back a bad contract, Evan Turner is one of the top players on a bad contract i'd want. Like you said, he fits the triangle and plays both sides of the court. I think he was just lost in Portland with Lilliard and McCollum being the whole offense on that team and could be better with a role on the Knicks and the triangle system.

I know that Turner has gotten a bad wrap by most but like you, I think he's actually a more serviceable player. We'd need someone that we could consistently get some type of play action from if/when we dump Melo and I think Turner would be perfect to fill the roll. He'll help us keep things interesting during the rebuild but won't win us games outright to hurt our draft seedings. And if he allows us to add another potential rotation player on a cost-controlled contract, I'm all for it, since his contract will have expired by the time we are truly ready to compete.

I agree and E.Turner isn't a bad player, he's just being overpaid. Good fit for the triangle.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/24/2017  9:29 PM

Would love to get this kid but not sure that even with this surgery he'll slip out of the 1st round and if he does i can't see him getting to #44 so maybe we could trade up and we still have options to make a trade for a mid to low 1st rounder.

Mock draft--Im made picks based on how I think it might go

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy