[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mock draft--Im made picks based on how I think it might go
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/23/2017  2:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2017  2:40 AM
1. Boston--Fultz(the only either guy it could be would be Jackson but since they invested heavily last year in Brown at 3

2 La Lakers--Ball--I think this is a pre arranged marriage.

3 Philly--there are 3 elite players left Fox J Jackson and Tatum. They already have two SF in Saric and Simmons

The more I watch of Fox--the more I realize how good he can be---Im taking Fox

4 Phoenix--boy what a frikin mess?? 12 guys under contract not including Alan Williams who is a UFA and should get paid 4-5mm they are loaded in many ways at 1-2-3 two deep at each position. They really could use an athletic big for the 5 but its a reach. Just going to take BPA and work it out --could the Knicks move up here to get Jackson? Im not sure--but thats the pick Josh Jackson.

5 Sacramento--you never know but I stay with a combination of need and BPA and go with Tatum

6 Orlando Magic--wow I thought Phoenix was a mess--welcome to the NBA's biggest disaster. They need a PG and the 3 elite ones are gone so taking the next rd and Going with Dennis Smith

7. Minny--should be the Knicks? Sorry to any Knicks fan here who wants Issac unless Minnesota goes for Lauri Markkanen and I dont think they will--they might? But I think this is obvious Jonathon Issac

8.NY KNicks--wow a lot of needs. So many needs that I think trading down might be in their best interests. I dont think that will materialize and they take Frank Ntilikina who will conform with their triangle

9 Dallas- They had some good success with Curry and Ferrell--can they have another smallish guard? Dirk is 38? Lauri Markkanen is the pick but its a close one with Monk

10 Sacremento--they got the pickings and they want to be offensive so this ones easy Malik Monk.

11 Charlotte--ouch another strange brew. Not a good team make up-- are they are forced to go small here? How can they take Justin Jackson with 3 SFs making 50mm? This is NOT a team taking a project or waiting on anyone. You have NOW entered the portion of the draft where ANYTHING can go. I also need a rim protector jees what to do. My bigs cant block shots--ok Im going to let past performance lead my path--let me start with defense in the middle jonathan jeanne

12 Detroit--boy my draft picks have sucked here--SVG--lets be real--youre draft picks havent done crp. I need to be right here. What do I need? They want to shoot it better I think Luke Kennard fits in here

13 Denver--a team with everything and young? Go big go skilled Zach collins

14 Miami--this is somewhat of a no brainer. But is it? Going big here--back up C 4 man with rnage? I dont need a shot blocker Bt I need a guy who can score in the middle when Whiteside is down John Collins

15 Portland--wow 3 picks I have so much money into guards?? 3 draft picks with 14 guy under contract? I need some potential but I need some size? Im going skill player here T J Leaf

16 Chicago--I have 9 PGs and 4 SGs I need a big man here with juice or a SF? Im still trying to win now so Im going to go Justin Jackson

17 Milwaukee--they had a lot of luck going young but I need young and big here because Greg Monroe is gone. This is kind of an easy pick here Edrice Bam Adebayo

18 Indiana--Im concerned about losing George. Im going to build aorund Turner AND OG Anunoby

19 Atlanta--just lost Millsap and have 8 guys under contract? I think Im rebuilding here. I need someone to play with so Ill go very young and Terrance Ferguson

20 Portland Big-- young big-- Jarret Allen

21 OKC Pretty easy here--I have to take some pressure off Russell and I need a PG--I get a steal Frank Jackson

22 Brooklyn--darn I had to look at Fultz going to Boston :( Im rebuilding but I want to take a step up with size inside to hedge off of Brook Lopez--Justin Patton

23 Toronto--I need to build for the future--my draft picks arent playing--so Hammadou Diallo can go right to the D league

24 Utah--George Hill leaving? Gordan hayward? Both?? Im going to stay with a culture player here and go Josh Hart G

25 Orlando--back to the disaster area--ok I have Dennis Smith need athletic big Anzejs PasecniksLatvia

26 Portland-- I need some defense--I took 2 bigs but Im going to stay big Jordan Bell

27 Brooklyn--Im going to take another long big Ivan Rabb

28 L A Lakers--I need guys who can run jump shoot and play D--Semi Ojeyle

29 San Antonio--I have to replace Manu--and that wont be easy Donovan Mitchell

30 Utah--last but not least Utah stays with older players and a PG--Frank Mason

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/23/2017  4:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2017  5:04 AM
I think Sixers are the interesting one- especially if Fultz and Ball go at 1 and 2. They want Simmons to be their defacto PG, so I really get the whispers about them wanting Monk- it terms of fit, thats a good pick for them (have him play the PG position but have Simmons actually handle the ball.) I could really see them doing a trade with someone.

Looking at the top 10, and assuming those trading would be after Josh jackson (and would have to be within picking range of Monk), possible candidates would be: Magic (lots of players they don't seem to like on their roster), Kings (maybe give up both their picks, but I think they like Fox more than JJ) & Suns. Not sure the Twolves have anything extra worth trading, but I think thibs would love JJ.

That would hurt- watching the Twolves trade their pick (which should really have been ours) for Josh Jackson.

If none of those teams are interested , then a prayer wold be our pick (Monk) and Lee (gives them a vet and they desperately wanted some veteran shooters last offseason), for the 3rd pick.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/23/2017  7:27 AM
Thanks Briggs. Lots of good insights.

Certainly seems like there could be plenty of movement from plenty of teams

I think Boston will at least strongly consider moving #1. There are no KATs or KPs here

(5)(5)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/23/2017  7:56 AM
Always fun to read real insight. Can't wait for this draft
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/23/2017  8:22 AM
I can't see Philly passing on Jackson for Fox. Philly will take Jackson and work a trade for Fox, Monk, Smith jr and collect more assets.

Knicks need to find a way to land Jackson. They would have to give up future picks to Philly to make it happen. So the only way to finesse it would be to recoup some of what we lost by trading Melo.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

5/23/2017  8:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:I think Sixers are the interesting one- especially if Fultz and Ball go at 1 and 2. They want Simmons to be their defacto PG, so I really get the whispers about them wanting Monk- it terms of fit, thats a good pick for them (have him play the PG position but have Simmons actually handle the ball.) I could really see them doing a trade with someone.

Looking at the top 10, and assuming those trading would be after Josh jackson (and would have to be within picking range of Monk), possible candidates would be: Magic (lots of players they don't seem to like on their roster), Kings (maybe give up both their picks, but I think they like Fox more than JJ) & Suns. Not sure the Twolves have anything extra worth trading, but I think thibs would love JJ.

That would hurt- watching the Twolves trade their pick (which should really have been ours) for Josh Jackson.

If none of those teams are interested , then a prayer wold be our pick (Monk) and Lee (gives them a vet and they desperately wanted some veteran shooters last offseason), for the 3rd pick.

I feel similarly to you about the Sixers and their willingness to trade down from 3rd. The icing on top is that Colangelo has shown to be a terrible decision maker in the past, which opens the possibility of not having to offer full-market value for the pick. And I honestly can't see any team between 4 and 7, willing to part with any real value to move up since they are already solid/have prospects at the 3 spot and/or have a greater need at PG. Do you?

I'm thinking that we might have a feasible deal if we can re-route Carmelo to the Clippers; Jamal Crawford, Tiago Splitter and the 3rd pick to the Knicks; Courtney Lee and Austin Rivers to OKC; and our 8th pick as well as Victor Oladipo to the Sixers.

Oladipo is a stout defender, floor spreader that can play off the ball well enough to allow Ben Simmons to run point as they intend. He can also play either guard position, which opens the possibility for the Sixers to select Frank Ntilikina or Malik Monk and start both together. A Oladipo-Ntilikina or an Oladipo-Monk pairing would put the Sixers in a better position to compete immediately, which seems to be Colangelo's objective having pursued nothing but pricy veterans his first season with the team.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

5/23/2017  8:51 AM
If Donovan Mitchell, Hammaudo Diallo, and Frank Jackson are all projected to go later than 20, we need to get multiple late first round picks. They all fit the triangle but can be meaningful contributors in other systems should we find ourselves transitioning to something else, post-Phil "dickhead" Jackson.

I still think there is a deal to be made with the Raptors and Knicks, using our cap space to take on DeMarre Carroll, the 23rd pick and 2nd rounders.

I also think that if we were to trade Lance Thomas and about $8 million salary relief for Evan Turner, the Blazers would be willing to give up their pick at either 20 or 26. I think we could live with Evan Turner would fits the triangle and could put up numbers in a post-Melo era, so why not roll the dice?

I could live with an offseason that includes Evan Turner and two of Diallo, Mitchell and Jackson.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/23/2017  8:53 AM
Oh nice writeup
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/23/2017  9:10 AM
smackeddog wrote:I think Sixers are the interesting one- especially if Fultz and Ball go at 1 and 2. They want Simmons to be their defacto PG, so I really get the whispers about them wanting Monk- it terms of fit, thats a good pick for them (have him play the PG position but have Simmons actually handle the ball.) I could really see them doing a trade with someone.

I think the Sixers should talk with the Wolves about moving back. A trade for Rubio, swap, and a future pick would be nice. Rubio adds a second ball handler and creator who takes pressure off of Simmons but he also operates on a meager usg% so he doesn't really needs the ball in his hand.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/23/2017  9:35 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:I can't see Philly passing on Jackson for Fox. Philly will take Jackson and work a trade for Fox, Monk, Smith jr and collect more assets.

Knicks need to find a way to land Jackson. They would have to give up future picks to Philly to make it happen. So the only way to finesse it would be to recoup some of what we lost by trading Melo.

Trading any draft picks whether that be in this draft or any future drafts wouldn't be very smart for a team trying to rebuild and a team that's gonna have trouble getting free agents to sign with them without having to overpay for those players.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/23/2017  9:40 AM
NardDogNation wrote:If Donovan Mitchell, Hammaudo Diallo, and Frank Jackson are all projected to go later than 20, we need to get multiple late first round picks. They all fit the triangle but can be meaningful contributors in other systems should we find ourselves transitioning to something else, post-Phil "dickhead" Jackson.

I still think there is a deal to be made with the Raptors and Knicks, using our cap space to take on DeMarre Carroll, the 23rd pick and 2nd rounders.

I also think that if we were to trade Lance Thomas and about $8 million salary relief for Evan Turner, the Blazers would be willing to give up their pick at either 20 or 26. I think we could live with Evan Turner would fits the triangle and could put up numbers in a post-Melo era, so why not roll the dice?

I could live with an offseason that includes Evan Turner and two of Diallo, Mitchell and Jackson.

Out of all the posts i've seen of possible trades Knicks could make that we'd have to take back a bad contract, Evan Turner is one of the top players on a bad contract i'd want. Like you said, he fits the triangle and plays both sides of the court. I think he was just lost in Portland with Lilliard and McCollum being the whole offense on that team and could be better with a role on the Knicks and the triangle system.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/23/2017  9:56 AM
You make some good points. I wouldn't be surprised if Isaac's stock rose even more and we saw Jackson or Fox take a dip. Winslow started the process in the top 5 two years ago a d Kristaps was rated lower in the lottery. Also, there's no way Luke Kennard gets picked before Collins. I think Kennard is going to need strong workouts just to stay in the middle of the first round.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/23/2017  10:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2017  10:32 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:You make some good points. I wouldn't be surprised if Isaac's stock rose even more and we saw Jackson or Fox take a dip. Winslow started the process in the top 5 two years ago a d Kristaps was rated lower in the lottery. Also, there's no way Luke Kennard gets picked before Collins. I think Kennard is going to need strong workouts just to stay in the middle of the first round.

When you start looking through stuff--you find that reality settles in. Teams cannot just keep taking players at positions that have significant depth and investment in. So you say I need a shooter at preferably at SG. I feel like Mitchell is to short at 6-2 and Kenard played a nice game at Duke--had somne real explosive game. You're talking 44% from 3 and 86 from the line while he also is giving me %+ rebounds 3 assists hes handling the ball.. If the guy had a smidgen more athleticism--Id take him at 8 let alone 12. Detroit has not done well drafting--and I think a guy who can knock down 3's spreading the floor from the 2 guard starts to make sense fast. I have athleticism elsewhere-- Im not sure I want to pay Pope--so I need some help here at SG. Other possibilities are Frank Jackson J Jackson Mitchell bt 44% 3 point shooting is darn good.

Also--I wonder if I can switch Kennard over to PG in the NBA after 2-3 years? He played PG in HS. That would be a a near 6-6 200pd PG who can really shoot it.

RIP Crushalot😞
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/23/2017  10:25 AM
NardDogNation wrote:If Donovan Mitchell, Hammaudo Diallo, and Frank Jackson are all projected to go later than 20, we need to get multiple late first round picks. They all fit the triangle but can be meaningful contributors in other systems should we find ourselves transitioning to something else, post-Phil "dickhead" Jackson.

Both of your trade ideas are intriguing

We'd have to believe DeMarre and Turner can contribute though. They are enigmas, i.e., players who might contribute in certain situations/teams/systems and not in other. You can put I.Thomas in that camp too and maybe Jae Crowder too (The Celts have a penchant for making certain players look good -- who never played so well before they joined celts or after they left)

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG

5/23/2017  10:40 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:You make some good points. I wouldn't be surprised if Isaac's stock rose even more and we saw Jackson or Fox take a dip. Winslow started the process in the top 5 two years ago a d Kristaps was rated lower in the lottery. Also, there's no way Luke Kennard gets picked before Collins. I think Kennard is going to need strong workouts just to stay in the middle of the first round.

When you start looking through stuff--you find that reality settles in. Teams cannot just keep taking players at positions that have significant depth and investment in. So you say I need a shooter at preferably at SG. I feel like Mitchell is to short at 6-2 and Kenard played a nice game at Duke--had somne real explosive game. You're talking 44% from 3 and 86 from the line while he also is giving me %+ rebounds 3 assists hes handling the ball.. If the guy had a smidgen more athleticism--Id take him at 8 let alone 12. Detroit has not done well drafting--and I think a guy who can knock down 3's spreading the floor from the 2 guard starts to make sense fast. I have athleticism elsewhere-- Im not sure I want to pay Pope--so I need some help here at SG. Other possibilities are Frank Jackson J Jackson Mitchell bt 44% 3 point shooting is darn good.

Also--I wonder if I can switch Kennard over to PG in the NBA after 2-3 years? He played PG in HS. That would be a a near 6-6 200pd PG who can really shoot it.

Kennard is to slow to ever be a PG at the pro-season. I can see him developing into a secondary ball-bearing. This pick is interesting, because Collins would be the most talented player and Kennard is a bit of reach. I could see them trying to swing for a HR with someone like Ferguson an Diallo too. I'm interested because of what it would mean for us players rise and drop. Jeanne is a wildcard, but I don't think GMs are gutsy enough to take him that high.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

5/23/2017  10:45 AM
Chandler wrote:

Both of your trade ideas are intriguing

We'd have to believe DeMarre and Turner can contribute though. They are enigmas, i.e., players who might contribute in certain situations/teams/systems and not in other. You can put I.Thomas in that camp too and maybe Jae Crowder too (The Celts have a penchant for making certain players look good -- who never played so well before they joined celts or after they left)

I'd see Carroll and Turner as dead weight. The price for us getting those extra picks. Plus, they're good locker room we examples for the young guys and another positive step toward a stealth tank. Only concern I would have is cap flexibility in the future.
newyorknewyork
5/23/2017  10:48 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I can't see Philly passing on Jackson for Fox. Philly will take Jackson and work a trade for Fox, Monk, Smith jr and collect more assets.

Trading any draft picks whether that be in this draft or any future drafts wouldn't be very smart for a team trying to rebuild and a team that's gonna have trouble getting free agents to sign with them without having to overpay for those players.

Yea I really really really don't want to trade any future draft picks. Which is why I would depend on what we have lined up if we can move Melo. If we have to trade future picks but are able to recoup future picks in a Melo deal. If it is worth while...

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/23/2017  12:44 PM
Chad Fords Big Board is starting to settle in. Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Tatum, Fox, Isaac, Monk, and Smith in that order. He says Smith, who is ranked 8th, would be top 3 in a lot of drafts. After that, there is an implied drop-off to Collins, Markkanen, and Ntilikina, although the drop could be small. Still, seems like top 8 is where you want to be.
newyorknewyork
5/23/2017  1:15 PM
Knixkik wrote:Chad Fords Big Board is starting to settle in. Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Tatum, Fox, Isaac, Monk, and Smith in that order. He says Smith, who is ranked 8th, would be top 3 in a lot of drafts. After that, there is an implied drop-off to Collins, Markkanen, and Ntilikina, although the drop could be small. Still, seems like top 8 is where you want to be.

Wonder if we can do a package of Smith jr to Dallas for Seth and #9.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/23/2017  1:29 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Chad Fords Big Board is starting to settle in. Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Tatum, Fox, Isaac, Monk, and Smith in that order. He says Smith, who is ranked 8th, would be top 3 in a lot of drafts. After that, there is an implied drop-off to Collins, Markkanen, and Ntilikina, although the drop could be small. Still, seems like top 8 is where you want to be.

Wonder if we can do a package of Smith jr to Dallas for Seth and #9.

Do we really want to do something like that if we have a chance to draft an all-star as 8?

Mock draft--Im made picks based on how I think it might go

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy