[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Reasons we Should Trade KP to Boston
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

5/21/2017  7:29 PM
Sinix wrote:Looking at this from both a Knicks and Celtics perspective, it makes sense.

If the Celtics would hypothetically look to move their No#1 overall pick

A) What could the Knicks offer?
B) Would the Knicks offer BE THE BEST OVERALL OPTION OUT OF ALL TRADE OPTION POSSIBLE TO THEM?
C) What is the needed return for the Celtics, in line with actual marketplace value?

One of the base arguments I see over and over in these Celtics/Knicks scenarios becomes just because the Celtics have a stockpile of assets, they should just trade them because they have them. Teams move the VERY LEAST THEY HAVE TO, TO MAKE A TRADE. They are not moving a penny more than that.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/21/2017  8:37 PM
Are there any rumors coming from Boston about this? With the Knicks letting go Longstaff I think there is a good chance that KP is moved.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
reub
Member: #6227

5/21/2017  9:55 PM
After the Celts are destroyed they will realize that they need a generational big man, not more guards. KP is the answer to their dreams. We need to hold them up in any trade to make it fair. 2 #1's plus Crowder.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/21/2017  10:12 PM
This is going to be so funny when Phil uses KP to get Melo off the books.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/21/2017  10:24 PM
reub wrote:After the Celts are destroyed they will realize that they need a generational big man, not more guards. KP is the answer to their dreams. We need to hold them up in any trade to make it fair. 2 #1's plus Crowder.
I have to think Ainge sees trading with Phil as a bigger opportunity then Billy King with the Nets.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sinix
Member: #7495

5/21/2017  10:36 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Sinix wrote:Looking at this from both a Knicks and Celtics perspective, it makes sense.

If the Celtics would hypothetically look to move their No#1 overall pick

A) What could the Knicks offer?
B) Would the Knicks offer BE THE BEST OVERALL OPTION OUT OF ALL TRADE OPTION POSSIBLE TO THEM?
C) What is the needed return for the Celtics, in line with actual marketplace value?

One of the base arguments I see over and over in these Celtics/Knicks scenarios becomes just because the Celtics have a stockpile of assets, they should just trade them because they have them. Teams move the VERY LEAST THEY HAVE TO, TO MAKE A TRADE. They are not moving a penny more than that.

It's just my opinion that this is one of the ways to make the most of their assets.

With Isiah getting a serious injury, that might change things. Boston might be less willing to max him out now so they might be able to use their pick and develop a franchise pg.

Otherwise KP fits really well. Spaces, plays d, doesn't need as much development as a rookie, about to enter his prime.

I would do a trade centering around KP and the #1 pick from both sides but that's just my opinion.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/22/2017  11:05 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:KP has said he wants to win above all else. If we trade melo for peanuts or bench him as some here want to do, i think him staying here is very much in question. Its not about trading for picks in perpetuity. It's risk mitigation. There are plenty of indications he isn't happy and few indications that our team is going to be dramatically better in the next 2 years.

Are you equating winning with keeping Melo?!

No way. But if u trade him for a bag of balls and some bad contracts or just let him ride the dnp train, it'll be equated with losing by KP, likely.

OK, I understand what you're saying. Yeah, although I think any attachment KP has to Melo is illogical from a W-L perspective, I don't think Melo should be traded for junk either. I'd at least rather wait until he has a good stretch and has a higher trade value and can get something worthwhile in a trade, or just hold onto him and give Hornacek freedom to use "tough love" on him. Trading him this off-season (even without Phil's comments) would be a classic example of selling low most likely.

Now given KP has all of about 2 W's without Melo, how does KP's attachment to Melo seem illogical from a W-L perspective? I mean, sharing the ball perspective, sure. Defensive perspective, sure. W-L? Just asking.

Hornacek has the credibility to use "tough love" on Melo? Where did that come from? His glory days in Phoenix? His amazing run of rings he won in Utah? Not sure how Melo the "coach cancer" starts taking tough love from a coach who barely gets to do what he wants without Big Uncle Ring Daddy Triangle's approval.

I'm sorry, is a Lebron love child secretly available at #8 and is going to displace Melo next season? N"knick"lina going to suddenly be Klay Thompson? Malik Monk is the new saviour? Don't see any of that happening next year, not from a #8 pick, sorry. Unless you see something amazing in the list of #8 picks historically. You at least have a large sample size to look at.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/22/2017  11:21 AM
Nalod wrote:
dacash wrote:
Nalod wrote:
dacash wrote:looking at san antonio and seeing that aldridge is always a second fiddle and not producing how about melo to the spurs and aldridge to the celtics keep kp

SAS won 61 games. Not sure how that figures.
I like the idea of Boston faciliating.

just tossing crap out lol, trade kp oh my, but ppl have been waiting for him to lead from his portland days now no kawahi,no parker and pop is praising simmons and calling him out, boston facilitating pics and young players for him would be nice, he could be third again after it and horton. oh lord i sound like a realgm poster.

Aldridge and Horford about the same player. Not sure celts need more of that. nOt at that salary level.
spurs don't seem to be that kind of franchise that bails on a player. The team got it done vs. Rockets and down two starters is hard to over come.

I think San Antonio ends up with one of C.Paul, K.Lowry or G.Hill who has already played there. If they can add one of those 3 to what they already have they'll have a legit shot of representing the west in the championship next year.

newyorker4ever

5/22/2017  11:25 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
matt wrote:I just don't understand the Trade KP movement. He's the exact player you HOPE to get in a draft pick. Like... we did it - we did the hard part. We got the potential franchise player. Why would you trade him in hopes of finding a potential franchise player?

If you believe he will walk as a free agent the very first chance he will get, you are faced with trading him to get something or letting him walk for nothing.

In that case, you aren't trading him to try to churn a better asset, you are trading him to get something instead of getting nothing.

The 49ers could have won 6-7 Super Bowls in a row in the early 90s. Do you know why they did not? Because the Cowboys were going head to head with them every year, with the winner of those contests eventually killing off the AFC teams in the Super Bowl. One of the big differences was that the 49ers traded defensive end Charles Haley, a future HOF player, to the Cowboys before this rivalry started. They traded him because he lacked talent? They traded him because he became a team cancer and a team disruption on purpose to get traded. He would take off his shorts in film sessions and jack off in front of everyone. He would poop in a napkin and leave it for his position coaches. He would walk about the locker room shouting about the size of his manhood. Former 49er Ronnie Lott was brought in to try to calm him down a little, and when asked, Lott told the 49ers brass to just trade him. It had gotten to the point where several coaches were sure Haley would kill one of them eventually.

If a player doesn't want to be on your team and acts that way, it's not like you can salvage the relationship.

Do the Knicks WANT to trade Zinger? No

Will the Knicks NEED to trade Zinger, over the prospect of getting nothing? If the answer is Yes, then you trade him for whatever max value you can get.

The thing about this whole KP thing is that in 2 years when he'll be a RFA will also be when Phil's contract is done with the Knicks so if his main thing with wanting out is Phil then it shouldn't be a problem at that time as long as he's told that Phil won't be coming back and as long as he sees some growth at that time as well with the team. Also he's a RFA so if we don't want him to go anywhere then he won't.

newyorker4ever

5/22/2017  1:16 PM

Knicks need a total rebuild. Celtics want to contend now and build for the future.
Knicks don't have enough assets for a total rebuild. Celtics have way too many assets and young players to properly build them all the right way.

Then there's a lot of other factors. Phil doesn't seem to necessarily feel KP is a franchise cornerstone. KP skipped the meeting. KP is attached to Melo who is out the door. As epically talented as KP might be, he might not be the best fit on the Knicks. And in a league where assets are very liquid, I think if the team doesn't think KP is a sure thing corner stone then you definitely look for the trade.

If I were the Celtics, I'd think about bunching up assets to get KP. Maybe start at the Brooklyn pick and 2 2nd rounders. Maybe some sort of package can be worked out for the brooklyn pick and jaylen brown(melos replacement) for KP and something else.

If i'm gonna trade KP i'm not gonna trade him to a good team unless that team is offering much more than the other teams but if there's a bad team offering a return as good as any of the good teams i'm trading him to the bad team and trading him to the western division.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/22/2017  2:31 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:KP has said he wants to win above all else. If we trade melo for peanuts or bench him as some here want to do, i think him staying here is very much in question. Its not about trading for picks in perpetuity. It's risk mitigation. There are plenty of indications he isn't happy and few indications that our team is going to be dramatically better in the next 2 years.

No way. But if u trade him for a bag of balls and some bad contracts or just let him ride the dnp train, it'll be equated with losing by KP, likely.

OK, I understand what you're saying. Yeah, although I think any attachment KP has to Melo is illogical from a W-L perspective, I don't think Melo should be traded for junk either. I'd at least rather wait until he has a good stretch and has a higher trade value and can get something worthwhile in a trade, or just hold onto him and give Hornacek freedom to use "tough love" on him. Trading him this off-season (even without Phil's comments) would be a classic example of selling low most likely.

Now given KP has all of about 2 W's without Melo, how does KP's attachment to Melo seem illogical from a W-L perspective? I mean, sharing the ball perspective, sure. Defensive perspective, sure. W-L? Just asking.

Hornacek has the credibility to use "tough love" on Melo? Where did that come from? His glory days in Phoenix? His amazing run of rings he won in Utah? Not sure how Melo the "coach cancer" starts taking tough love from a coach who barely gets to do what he wants without Big Uncle Ring Daddy Triangle's approval.

I'm sorry, is a Lebron love child secretly available at #8 and is going to displace Melo next season? N"knick"lina going to suddenly be Klay Thompson? Malik Monk is the new saviour? Don't see any of that happening next year, not from a #8 pick, sorry. Unless you see something amazing in the list of #8 picks historically. You at least have a large sample size to look at.

W-L perspective, there isn't much difference to the winning percentage last year with vs. without Melo, and that doesn't even address how the team would be doing if the $25 mil per on Melo was spent intelligently anyway. Hornacek gets credibility by showing Melo the shot charts and allowing logic to depict how bad his results are on mid-range shots, especially contested ones. If Melo isn't responsive to logic, then we're screwed but we have to at least try if we're keeping Melo. If he's going to keep chucking bad shots and not trying on defense, we're screwed anyway.
Sinix
Member: #7495

5/22/2017  4:20 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

Knicks need a total rebuild. Celtics want to contend now and build for the future.
Knicks don't have enough assets for a total rebuild. Celtics have way too many assets and young players to properly build them all the right way.

Then there's a lot of other factors. Phil doesn't seem to necessarily feel KP is a franchise cornerstone. KP skipped the meeting. KP is attached to Melo who is out the door. As epically talented as KP might be, he might not be the best fit on the Knicks. And in a league where assets are very liquid, I think if the team doesn't think KP is a sure thing corner stone then you definitely look for the trade.

If I were the Celtics, I'd think about bunching up assets to get KP. Maybe start at the Brooklyn pick and 2 2nd rounders. Maybe some sort of package can be worked out for the brooklyn pick and jaylen brown(melos replacement) for KP and something else.

If i'm gonna trade KP i'm not gonna trade him to a good team unless that team is offering much more than the other teams but if there's a bad team offering a return as good as any of the good teams i'm trading him to the bad team and trading him to the western division.

You trade KP to whoever gives you the most assets. Nothing else matters.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/22/2017  7:20 PM
Unless we are getting back giannis, anthony Davis or towns then I don't want KP taded.
newyorker4ever

5/22/2017  9:22 PM
Would anyone do any of these KP trades to the Suns?? #3 would be tempting for me.

https://t.co/k3xVIIQe3Y

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/22/2017  9:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2017  9:31 PM
Not sure why posters believe that we will have a different outcome with the number one draft pick or Isaiah Thomas, if the conditions that caused our best draft pick in 30 years to be shipped off remain?
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
5/23/2017  1:08 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:Would anyone do any of these KP trades to the Suns?? #3 would be tempting for me.

I would consider it if they threw in M. Chriss. The 3rd pick and Chris's would be a decent trade.

Trust the Process
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/23/2017  7:51 AM
I am against trading KP at all

But if he went to Boston they would become a power house for years to come

KP versus olynx jerebko Amir ? Seriously

Boston has a ton Of assets including stashed picks that will be under utilized. They need to trade quantity for quality

This is all the more reason not to trade KP. We'd never get past Boston

(5)(5)
newyorker4ever

5/23/2017  9:53 AM
TheGame wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Would anyone do any of these KP trades to the Suns?? #3 would be tempting for me.

I would consider it if they threw in M. Chriss. The 3rd pick and Chris's would be a decent trade.

M.Chriss was in all 3 of those trades.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
5/23/2017  1:04 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
TheGame wrote:

M.Chriss was in all 3 of those trades.

I like the first and last trades. Chriss is going to be at least a 17 or/10 briber guy who can block shots. We the third pick and draft JJ, Ball, or Fultz and then draft the best available at 8, the Knicks would have a pretty solid young core. Trade Melo to Boston or the Clippers and head back to the lottery next year. By 2018, we would be setup like Philly is now.

Trust the Process
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/23/2017  2:03 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

W-L perspective, there isn't much difference to the winning percentage last year with vs. without Melo, and that doesn't even address how the team would be doing if the $25 mil per on Melo was spent intelligently anyway. Hornacek gets credibility by showing Melo the shot charts and allowing logic to depict how bad his results are on mid-range shots, especially contested ones. If Melo isn't responsive to logic, then we're screwed but we have to at least try if we're keeping Melo. If he's going to keep chucking bad shots and not trying on defense, we're screwed anyway.

Okay, I'm not going to revisit the 9-51 without Melo bunny hole with you again, since somehow stating it as winning percentages sounds better. And it's great you can constantly talk about Melo's contract, because, as we all know, NBA salaries everywhere are just a work of art in fiscal efficiency, especially here in Dolanville.

Melo's really never bothered to look at his own shot charts? Really? I would surely hope Hornacek can get credibility by doing something other than pointing at empty O's on a shot chart.

Horn: Hey, Carlo!
Melo: Hate that lame sheet, Coach
Horn: You read about how they say you don't try on D?
Melo: Sure, Coach, read it every day. Sometimes right before I go to the bank.
Horn: Can we maybe make more of an effort on close outs and on the perimeter.
Melo: Yeah man! We never thought about that before! We on it!
Horn: What about these lame azz mid range shots you keep bricking?
Melo: You miss all the shots you don't take, Coach.
Horn: Good talk. Hey, front me some cheese? I'm kinda short this month.

The Reasons we Should Trade KP to Boston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy