[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Keon Klark
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
8/18/2004  1:01 PM
Now that we know that Dampier is definitely a no go, Isiah needs to offer Keon Klark an offer sheet. We need size and athleticism up front and Klark is definitely athletic enough to backup Vinny and Naser. Detroit really wasn't that big, and they still won the championship with the guys that they actually had. Sweetney is as tall as Benn Wallace and as athletic as he is. Wallace may be a little more experience, but Sweetney is not that far behind. Naser, Vinny, and Keon Klark can definitely be equivalent to Rasheed and the big white Turkish dude whom is now playing in Utah.

We have to be as smart as possible with what we have to offer. Isiah should resign Vinny for the 3.5 milion and give the rest to Barret and Klark.

Holla at me.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/18/2004  1:10 PM
Clark sucks, plain and simple. I would rather see KT or Spoon get the minutes at center. Running JYD out at center for 15 minutes a game is better than Clark. At least JYD will get you 6 boards a steal and a dunk in those 15 minutes. Clark will get you to watch the newlyweds on MTV.

This guy had one good run in the playoffs like 4 years ago. Can we please for the love of god just leave him be? He sucks. He stinks. He's awfull. He's got less skills then my 1 year old son who can hit any adult at the table with food throwing from either hand.

Also, Keon Clark sucks...

really bad.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
bernard
Member: #475
8/18/2004  1:14 PM
Yeah, but what do you think of Clark?
MS
Member: #724
8/18/2004  2:55 PM
I am sorry did you just say Sweetney is as athletic as Ben Wallace? Thats like saying Houston jumps as well as Vince Carter, or Chris Dudley has Ewing's touch around the basket.

Sweetney's vertical leaves at lot to be desired. Keon Clarke could help, and provide insurance if a deal for Kurt Thomas comes up. I am really surprised the Mavs, haven't shown more interest, or even the Grizz....
diderotn
USA
8/18/2004  2:59 PM
You would rather see Kurt Thomas or Spoon play Center???? You are sick. Keon Klark is a monster on the board and mad athletic. Kurt's main game is pick & roll, and that doesn't suit our squad. At least we know that Klar has hops and would definitely complement Marburry, TT, and either Houston or Crawf in the fast break. We are trying to build a team with speed as our main focus, Klark fits that profile.

Posted by fishmike:

Clark sucks, plain and simple. I would rather see KT or Spoon get the minutes at center. Running JYD out at center for 15 minutes a game is better than Clark. At least JYD will get you 6 boards a steal and a dunk in those 15 minutes. Clark will get you to watch the newlyweds on MTV.

This guy had one good run in the playoffs like 4 years ago. Can we please for the love of god just leave him be? He sucks. He stinks. He's awfull. He's got less skills then my 1 year old son who can hit any adult at the table with food throwing from either hand.

really bad.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/18/2004  3:26 PM
Posted by diderotn:

You would rather see Kurt Thomas or Spoon play Center???? You are sick. Keon Klark is a monster on the board and mad athletic. Kurt's main game is pick & roll, and that doesn't suit our squad. At least we know that Klar has hops and would definitely complement Marburry, TT, and either Houston or Crawf in the fast break. We are trying to build a team with speed as our main focus, Klark fits that profile.
[/quote]

Clark can block shots, but that's it. Having watched many of his games when he was on the Kings and subbing for an injured CWebb, he wasn't impressive. I remember his run with the Raptors, but that was AGGGEEEEESSSS ago. As my friend says to me: Leff it go, child, leff it go.

Just because he can block shots doesn't make him a defensive pressence. At least Kurt, Jerome and Sweets PLAY defense. In the absense of a genuine pressence, that's all we can do.
¿ △ ?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/18/2004  3:31 PM
Keon Clark is not a good basketball player. He has athletic ability but he is not good. He would be a bigger mistake than Spoon. Lets please not bother with him.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
diderotn
USA
8/18/2004  3:40 PM
What most have forgotten about Clark is that he is an excellent passer. He may be a small big man, but he makes up for it in other ways. I say that our reserves should be:

PG: Barett
SG: Houston
SF: Ariza
PF: JYD
Center: Vinny

third string:
PG: Moochie
SG: Penny
SF: Demarr
PF: ????
Center: Klark

Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by diderotn:

Clark can block shots, but that's it. Having watched many of his games when he was on the Kings and subbing for an injured CWebb, he wasn't impressive. I remember his run with the Raptors, but that was AGGGEEEEESSSS ago. As my friend says to me: Leff it go, child, leff it go.

Just because he can block shots doesn't make him a defensive pressence. At least Kurt, Jerome and Sweets PLAY defense. In the absense of a genuine pressence, that's all we can do.
[/quote]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/18/2004  3:46 PM
Posted by fishmike:

really bad.
I don't understand why you keep saying that. Clark's been a very good shot-blocker in the league *every* year (it wasn't just one good run in the playoffs) and a solid rebounder who gets a lot of put backs. He played pretty well in 02-03 in Sac. and was given a little consideration as a 6th man of the year candidate. You are not going to get a player who addresses our shot-blocking and athleticism needs at C for around $1.5 mil who is better than Keon Clark. Nobody's talking about giving Clark a big contract. We're talking about a small, low-risk contract for him to be the 12th man on the team who comes in to provide energy and to block shots in certain situations. The only reason I'd stay away from him is if the doctors thought he wouldn't recover from last season's ankle injury.
fishmike
USA
8/18/2004  4:11 PM
hey, if they sign him I will root like hell to be wrong. Every time I see Keon he sucks. He's got no hoops IQ and is NOT a skilled ball player. He's been hurt 1000 times in his career.

"We are trying to build a team with speed as our main focus"

Wrong. I think we are trying to build a team w/ skills as our focus. Get guys that can do several different things, rather than just one. A versatile team thats young and athletic.

Who's minutes is Keon going to get? JYD is going to give you so much more than Keon at any position. Neither are a center, but at least JYD will (effectively) attack on defense. Push guys out of the paint. Crash the boards, fight bigger guys...

Is there some amount of minutes available I'm not aware of?

I'm guessing KT/Nazr start. I'm hoping and praying Sweetney breaks out and beats out KT for the start at PF, but for now lets assume he's the backup...

Where are the minutes?

SF: TT/30, Penny/10, JYD/8
PF: KT/20, Sweet 20, JYD/8
C: Nazr/25, Baker/15, KT/8

Break it down anyway you want to... but Nazr, KT and Sweetney all need major minutes. Sweetney is the future and the other two guys you need playing well for trade bait if nothing else... not to mention they are decent players
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/18/2004  4:14 PM
Posted by fishmike:

He's got no hoops IQ and is NOT a skilled ball player. He's been hurt 1000 times in his career.
Exactly. He has athletic ability but is not a good basketball player. He is a poor mans Marcus Camby. Actually, a very poor mans Marcus Camby.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/18/2004  4:16 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Every time I see Keon he sucks.

Amen.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/18/2004  4:29 PM
Posted by fishmike:

hey, if they sign him I will root like hell to be wrong. Every time I see Keon he sucks. He's got no hoops IQ and is NOT a skilled ball player. He's been hurt 1000 times in his career.
Huh? He was hurt last year, but in the previous three years he was very durable, playing 80, 81, and 81 games.
fishmike
USA
8/18/2004  4:32 PM
Exactly. He has athletic ability but is not a good basketball player. He is a poor mans Marcus Camby. Actually, a very poor mans Marcus Camby.

I think this is the problem... people remember how good Camby was and will taking anything close, even if its a waste of a pothead, always hurt and has no skills.

If Harrington and Spoon are the PFs and Kurt is the center I would say whats to lose, but other guys that are better should get the minutes.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/18/2004  4:43 PM
Posted by fishmike:

a waste of a pothead, always hurt and has no skills.

Not to mention he'd scare away the kids in the front row.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Keon Klark

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy