Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/18/2017  5:27 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
reub wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:I'm all in for Frank but would be pretty stoked if we traded 2nd round picks and an asset to get back in the 1st for Justin Jackson.

Go for the dude with the highest potential at 8. Then make moves for quality fits like Jackson and Hart.

The guy with the highest potential might just be Hamidou Diallo.

He didn't play at all this past season correct? So its tough to say how any of his game translates on the court. Is he a 20pt 5reb 5set guy?

With Frenchy his potential is Greak Freak at the guard position with a better jump shot but less athleticism. Even if Frenchy doesnt pan out as a pg. He is 18 and at 6'6 with a 7ft wing span could grow into a G/F with PG skills for the position. Could play him in multiple lineups with other guards or forwards. And could probably fit with most systems. Just needs to fill out more and all pt a sudden his skills as a SF make him a stud even if he struggled as a PG.

Exactly. Diallo is not a thing. Why is his name flying all over this board?

Thinking about it and his weaknesses start to dissolve if he were to add muscle and slide over the the wing. Now his handle is strong for the position. His athletism becomes good for the position. And thats if he doesnt improve these areas to play the PG position effectively anyway.

Yeah, it's nice if you can get an All-Star in the draft, but I think the biggest thing is to come away with a future starter. Again, out of the guards in our range, I think Frenchy and DSJ are the choices. Smith was a good scorer in college. So was Bo Kimble and a number of other guys. I'm not saying he won't be good. He could turn out to be a Gilbert Arenas, Bradley Beal, Months Ellis type. Or he could be Lou Williams type. Nice player, but more of a 6th man type. There are tons of undersized scorers who flame out. I don't know enough about Diallo to make a claim one way or the other. Mixtapes against other highschool era don't cut it for me. Anyone remember Felipe Lopez? if the staff brings him in and he impresses, than throw him into the mix too. We're going to suck next year too. We don't need to hit a grandslam this year, we just need to get in scoring position.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/18/2017  5:31 PM
Zebo13 wrote:I'm not opposed to trading back and getting several 1st rounders though.

I think that's on the table. We have too many holes to fill to rule that out. I just don't want to get into "the process" territory where we keep punting and hope Joel Embiid falls into out lap
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/18/2017  8:30 PM
Jordan Bell's 2.56 shuttle run time is the fastest in NBA Combine history. Amazing for a big man.

Would be a nice compliment with KP and Willy

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/19/2017  3:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/19/2017  3:19 PM
If the Sixers had their heart set on Monk (due to fit) , and they were open to a Josh Jackson trade with us (if we gave them Monk), what additional things would you be willing to part with? I'd be fine adding Lee (they wanted to add smart vets last off season) and KOQ, but I wouldn't agree to any future firsts.

I guess we'd then replace Lee with Redick and land Rivers in a Melo trade as a stop gap PG

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/19/2017  4:01 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Jordan Bell's 2.56 shuttle run time is the fastest in NBA Combine history. Amazing for a big man.

Would be a nice compliment with KP and Willy

Yeah I fell in love with him during the Tournament. Just the kind of player that changes a team's defensive posture. We're missing this kind of player.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

5/20/2017  12:14 AM
EnySpree wrote:#8: who do we draft?

IMHO,

The best player, removing all other factors - Jayson Tatum

Who I think the Knicks will pick, out of a bad compromise - Frank Ntilikina

What I would do?

If Issac falls to 8 ( I doubt it ), you take him. I think his massive boom/bust factor is worth the risk. If he's gone, you try to trade back, pick up another asset and grab Justin Jackson. I think Justin Jackson will move earlier than his mock projections.

If you can't move back, bite the bullet and take Justin Jackson anyway. He is not the best overall value for the slot in place, he is, IMHO, the player I think will surprise and be better than the Smith/Ntilikina/Markkanen options long term.

What Philly will do at 3 and Sacto at 5 will swing the draft, and honestly I don't think anyone can really be sure what they will do in those slots.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/20/2017  12:52 AM
smackeddog wrote:If the Sixers had their heart set on Monk (due to fit) , and they were open to a Josh Jackson trade with us (if we gave them Monk), what additional things would you be willing to part with? I'd be fine adding Lee (they wanted to add smart vets last off season) and KOQ, but I wouldn't agree to any future firsts.

I guess we'd then replace Lee with Redick and land Rivers in a Melo trade as a stop gap PG

Josh Jackson might end up being the best player in this draft. I agree with the guys mentioned. I also would offer the right to swap picks in the future. For Josh Jackson I think it might be worth including Willy. Every draft analyst that I have heard or read has raved about Jackson's drive and competitiveness to win and get better. They have said that in that area he has what great players have. If he develops and fulfills his potential he will be a star.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Stevo718
Member: #559
5/20/2017  7:43 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I'd trade back slightly and take Frank Jackson. I'm looking for the biggest value for our pick. I don't see anyone " projected" around 8 that is materially better for the pg position than Jackson. Jackson is going to be like Booker from the pg. He'll be able to score but if anyone watched the combine he's a fresh blank slate in terms of giving him direction and him following instructions. I like his physical profile 6-3+ 205 and a top 3 or 4 athlete. The one thing I would want for him to do is work hard on positional rebounding and some parts of fundamental defense. But his body the way he uses it is like Charles Barkley as a pg. He's very powerful and it will be very hard to stop him physically

I agree 100%... I really like Frank Jackson... I think the Frenchman is a total bust though. I like Dennis Smith Jr also. But I mean we have so many needs it would be nice to trade down for three picks and if two of them panned out it would be great, keep our salaries low, get all the ego out the Knicks (trade Melo, let Rose walk) and I would be ecstatic.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/20/2017  9:42 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
EnySpree wrote:#8: who do we draft?

IMHO,

The best player, removing all other factors - Jayson Tatum

Who I think the Knicks will pick, out of a bad compromise - Frank Ntilikina

What I would do?

If Issac falls to 8 ( I doubt it ), you take him. I think his massive boom/bust factor is worth the risk. If he's gone, you try to trade back, pick up another asset and grab Justin Jackson. I think Justin Jackson will move earlier than his mock projections.

If you can't move back, bite the bullet and take Justin Jackson anyway. He is not the best overall value for the slot in place, he is, IMHO, the player I think will surprise and be better than the Smith/Ntilikina/Markkanen options long term.

What Philly will do at 3 and Sacto at 5 will swing the draft, and honestly I don't think anyone can really be sure what they will do in those slots.

I can totally endorse this

I think he'll surprise and be great chemistry -- very important

(5)(5)
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/20/2017  12:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:If the Sixers had their heart set on Monk (due to fit) , and they were open to a Josh Jackson trade with us (if we gave them Monk), what additional things would you be willing to part with? I'd be fine adding Lee (they wanted to add smart vets last off season) and KOQ, but I wouldn't agree to any future firsts.

Josh Jackson might end up being the best player in this draft. I agree with the guys mentioned. I also would offer the right to swap picks in the future. For Josh Jackson I think it might be worth including Willy. Every draft analyst that I have heard or read has raved about Jackson's drive and competitiveness to win and get better. They have said that in that area he has what great players have. If he develops and fulfills his potential he will be a star.

I'm not great at scouting or anything, but I've liked his game ever since I first saw him play- he's exactly what we need.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/22/2017  2:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2017  2:45 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Oh I thought you were taking Justin Jackson. I 100%%% agree that Josh Jackson has a chance at being a best player of draft type player. Id be willing to trade KP for him if KP is giving the team a fit and open up my thought process at 8.

RIP Crushalot😞
#8: who do we draft?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy