[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

#8: who do we draft?
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/17/2017  7:02 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I am hoping we get Jonathan Isaac.

Me too, but I think the twolves will take him. Only shot is if the twolves trade their pick for some veterans- I would be willing to offer them Courtney Lee and various sexual favors for their pick.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/17/2017  7:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2017  8:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:Add this guy to the List too. I'll go with Briggs with this. Phil needs his Jerry West moment and get this done.

Hes going to be good. He already has ball skills which is a prime requirement. If there is one guy I think teams say sht we couldve had him--its him.

If we traded with Portland--if they like someone at 8 that we can swap with I like the sum of their 3 #1's more than our one 8 pick. The more I look at it--the more I hope that we look that route.

I'm in a gambling mood- at 8 I'm taking whoever has the highest upside- Isaac, Diallo, whomever. I think we can land another 1st if we give up Lee or O' Quinn or maybe if we take on some salary

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/18/2017  10:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2017  10:56 AM
Take Diallo and call it a day. This needs to be the Knicks pick. When your picking 8 there is no to high and there is no to low you take the best available. This kid is it. He is young enough to be molded to what you want. His handle is tight and he see the floor very well. I said the game looks like it is moving slo mo for him.

As much as I like Nitty. I can't pass Diallo up to much potential 44.5 vertical almost 7' wing span. He is the next no doubt in my mind.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/calipari-if-diallo-is-lottery-pick-im-retiring-im-done/ar-BBB5VhH?ocid=spartandhp

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/18/2017  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/18/2017  11:31 AM
Vmart wrote:Take Diallo and call it a day. This needs to be the Knicks pick. When your picking 8 there is no to high and there is no to low you take the best available. This kid is it. He is young enough to be molded to what you want. His handle is tight and he see the floor very well. I said the game looks like it is moving slo mo for him.

As much as I like Nitty. I can't pass Diallo up to much potential 44.5 vertical almost 7' wing span. He is the next no doubt in my mind.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/calipari-if-diallo-is-lottery-pick-im-retiring-im-done/ar-BBB5VhH?ocid=spartandhp

I dont see that. If you use you pick "8" to move down and get a few picks--thats the ticket. Instead of thinking who do we get for pick 8--which is possible---whats the most value I can get for pick 8. If Portland wants a certain player --maybe they give up 15-20-26 for 8.

RIP Crushalot😞
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/18/2017  11:38 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:Take Diallo and call it a day. This needs to be the Knicks pick. When your picking 8 there is no to high and there is no to low you take the best available. This kid is it. He is young enough to be molded to what you want. His handle is tight and he see the floor very well. I said the game looks like it is moving slo mo for him.

I dont see that. If you use you pick "8" to move down and get a few picks--thats the ticket. Instead of thinking who do we get for pick 8--which is possible---whats the most value I can get for pick 8. If Portland wants a certain player --maybe they give up 15-20-26 for 8.

I agree with trading down... historically speaking the 8th pick doesn't amount to much. It makes sense when you think about it. Basically you are fighting for the lotto scraps. I think we'll get a good player but nothing great. So I would rather end up with two slightly-less-good-but-still-good players. But sometimes you end up with a better player, because you don't end up drafting he guy that fell to 8th, you draft players that you think are going to be good. Donovon Mitchell and Justin Jackson make a ton of sense for this team. But I would hate drafting either at 8

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/18/2017  11:58 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

I'm not a fan of trading down. Remember the KNicks once had three first round picks and not one made it big. The scouting was terrible back then too but that can happen again. I really believe that Diallo is worth the 8th pick. The Knicks are picking for the future, remember Kobe, T-Mac, LeBron were straight out of HS I bet Pat Riley is salivating at picking this kid.

Lets hope the Knicks test him out and do their due diligence.

BRIGGS
5/18/2017  1:26 PM
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I'm not a fan of trading down. Remember the KNicks once had three first round picks and not one made it big. The scouting was terrible back then too but that can happen again. I really believe that Diallo is worth the 8th pick. The Knicks are picking for the future, remember Kobe, T-Mac, LeBron were straight out of HS I bet Pat Riley is salivating at picking this kid.

If Im staying at 8 I would personally take Frank Jackson and every time I look at video it reaffirms my belief that hes the best pick at 8. He can control the game from 3 spots and has upside on defense. Hes a top 3 athlete in this class--was co MVP of the McD game (with all of the stars in the lottery in the same game) won the dunk contest--was a dominant player in HS avg 30 points and controlling the game from 30 feet with a 45% 3 point shot. This is like Booker from Kentucky--simply hidden among 7-8 nba players and vets. I need to see some improvement in some ares but the bones are all there.

RIP Crushalot😞
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

5/18/2017  1:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

If Im staying at 8 I would personally take Frank Jackson and every time I look at video it reaffirms my belief that hes the best pick at 8. He can control the game from 3 spots and has upside on defense. Hes a top 3 athlete in this class--was co MVP of the McD game (with all of the stars in the lottery in the same game) won the dunk contest--was a dominant player in HS avg 30 points and controlling the game from 30 feet with a 45% 3 point shot. This is like Booker from Kentucky--simply hidden among 7-8 nba players and vets. I need to see some improvement in some ares but the bones are all there.

Both Fran/Penn referred to F-Jackson as a 1-trick pony during the combine and both noted that knock on him was needs to learn to play with his teammates.

I like his explosiveness off the dribble -- but not taking him at 8.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

5/18/2017  1:47 PM
In terms of a trade down it would depend on whether a player the Knicks really like (maybe 2nd on their board of remaining players) is picked further down in the draft.

Lets say we pick Frankie at #8 (#1 on our board at 8) but Nuggets covet Frankie as a PG fit to run with Jokic/Murray & a replacement PG for Mudiay.

Lets say Nuggets pick OG Anuoby at #13 (but he happens to be #2 on our board when we picked at #8).

Nuggets offer us #13 (Anuoby), J-Hernangomez, Mudiay in an effort to come up and get a player they want.

Knicks weigh the offer and say yes/no.

Not saying that is a reasonable offer but trade down is determined after picks are made.

BRIGGS
5/18/2017  2:05 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Both Fran/Penn referred to F-Jackson as a 1-trick pony during the combine and both noted that knock on him was needs to learn to play with his teammates.

I like his explosiveness off the dribble -- but not taking him at 8.

One trick pony? The guy can score from all 3 levels. If anyone actually watched the combine you saw quality pg play. I like Frank Jackson Dorsey and Bell-- let's see if I'm talking out of my arse. most years I am not.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/18/2017  2:20 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I agree with trading down... historically speaking the 8th pick doesn't amount to much. It makes sense when you think about it. Basically you are fighting for the lotto scraps. I think we'll get a good player but nothing great. So I would rather end up with two slightly-less-good-but-still-good players. But sometimes you end up with a better player, because you don't end up drafting he guy that fell to 8th, you draft players that you think are going to be good. Donovon Mitchell and Justin Jackson make a ton of sense for this team. But I would hate drafting either at 8

Man... you're right about the 8th pick. From DraftX:
8 Highest PER 20.2 Brandan Wright 17.4 Andre Miller 16.6 Rudy Gay 16.2 Jordan Hill 15.6 Chris Wilcox

#8 Median PER 12.5 Al-Farouq Aminu 12.4 Adonal Foyle 12.3 Marquese Chriss 12.0 Terrence Ross 11.6 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

8 Lowest PER 5.2 Shawn Respert 1.4 Todd Day 0.0 Bo Kimble 0.0 Randy White -0.0 Mark Macon

Don't expect anyone we draft to have an immediate impact out I the gate. Butere's some hope

HALL OF FAMERS: Robert Parish (2003) Thomas Sanders (2011) Sam Jones (1984)

ALL STARS: Vin Baker x4 Detlef Schrempf x3 Tom Chambers x4 Andrew Toney x2 Calvin Natt x1 Jack Sikma x7 Robert Parish x9 Campy Russell x1 Geoff Petrie x2 Sam Jones x5 -

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
5/18/2017  2:37 PM
I'm all in for Frank but would be pretty stoked if we traded 2nd round picks and an asset to get back in the 1st for Justin Jackson.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/18/2017  3:30 PM
Zebo13 wrote:I'm all in for Frank but would be pretty stoked if we traded 2nd round picks and an asset to get back in the 1st for Justin Jackson.

Go for the dude with the highest potential at 8. Then make moves for quality fits like Jackson and Hart.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
reub
Member: #6227

5/18/2017  3:47 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:I'm all in for Frank but would be pretty stoked if we traded 2nd round picks and an asset to get back in the 1st for Justin Jackson.

Go for the dude with the highest potential at 8. Then make moves for quality fits like Jackson and Hart.

The guy with the highest potential might just be Hamidou Diallo.

BRIGGS
5/18/2017  4:31 PM
reub wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

What would be wrong if we traded down

Grabbed
F Jackson 15 or 20
Diallo 15 or 20
Bell 26
Dorsey 2nd round 43

It mocks out--now does Portland want a guy from the top 8--its possible. There is still a month--we needed shooters defenders and scorers lol

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/18/2017  4:41 PM
Look at these three athletes

Jordan Bell--A slightly less offensive Antonio Mcdyess

Frank jackson---Under rated 3 zone player elite athlete

Diallo---Jordan--Kobe like athlete with body control and handles

Tyler Dorsey--maybe the best shooter in the draft?

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
5/18/2017  4:41 PM
reub wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

He didn't play at all this past season correct? So its tough to say how any of his game translates on the court. Is he a 20pt 5reb 5set guy?

With Frenchy his potential is Greak Freak at the guard position with a better jump shot but less athleticism. Even if Frenchy doesnt pan out as a pg. He is 18 and at 6'6 with a 7ft wing span could grow into a G/F with PG skills for the position. Could play him in multiple lineups with other guards or forwards. And could probably fit with most systems. Just needs to fill out more and all pt a sudden his skills as a SF make him a stud even if he struggled as a PG.

Zebo13
USA
5/18/2017  5:06 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
reub wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

He didn't play at all this past season correct? So its tough to say how any of his game translates on the court. Is he a 20pt 5reb 5set guy?

With Frenchy his potential is Greak Freak at the guard position with a better jump shot but less athleticism. Even if Frenchy doesnt pan out as a pg. He is 18 and at 6'6 with a 7ft wing span could grow into a G/F with PG skills for the position. Could play him in multiple lineups with other guards or forwards. And could probably fit with most systems. Just needs to fill out more and all pt a sudden his skills as a SF make him a stud even if he struggled as a PG.

Exactly. Diallo is not a thing. Why is his name flying all over this board?

newyorknewyork
5/18/2017  5:11 PM
Zebo13 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
reub wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Exactly. Diallo is not a thing. Why is his name flying all over this board?

Thinking about it and his weaknesses start to dissolve if he were to add muscle and slide over the the wing. Now his handle is strong for the position. His athletism becomes good for the position. And thats if he doesnt improve these areas to play the PG position effectively anyway.

Zebo13
USA
5/18/2017  5:14 PM
I'm not opposed to trading back and getting several 1st rounders though.
#8: who do we draft?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy