5/17/2017  12:51 AM
wargames wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

His weakness are ugly

A compilation of every miss and TO of a young player is gonnna look bad no matter who he is. Somebody made this hoping he drops in the draft lol.

His highlight looks good... but watching his weaknesses like this shows he's not as polished as everyone thinks he is.

All jokes aside, he's slow and can't get separation... I'm not a fan of the kid

According to NBA draft.net euro stock watch. He has held a 5-1 turnover to assist ratio for over the past month. And hasnt had more then 1 to per game in almost 2 months.

Was not long ago that his outside shot was questioned...now it isn't.

A kid this age has room to improve, and as I've said many times, he shoots well enough and has enough size to be a good SG in this league.

I actually like him more as a SG because he then would have superior handle for his position whereas if he is a PG his handle would be considered shaky.

I also think he definitely fits the pass first system we know Phil is trying to implement with the Knicks.

I'm confident his handle will get tighter. That, along with his sized advantage could serve him well at both guard spots. But are his hands big enough?France hasn't really been good to the Knicks with Labyrie and that other guy whose name I can't speak without getting angry. You know, the one who got teabagged by Vince Carter. Can we go there again? Can Frank redeem his country?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
ESOMKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6064

5/17/2017  1:11 AM
mattshaw78 wrote:Glad we didn't get top 3 because Knicks would have gotten ball which I was afraid of

I second this sentiment. Cant say it any better.

wargames
Member: #6053

5/17/2017  3:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2017  3:59 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

His weakness are ugly

A compilation of every miss and TO of a young player is gonnna look bad no matter who he is. Somebody made this hoping he drops in the draft lol.

His highlight looks good... but watching his weaknesses like this shows he's not as polished as everyone thinks he is.

According to NBA draft.net euro stock watch. He has held a 5-1 turnover to assist ratio for over the past month. And hasnt had more then 1 to per game in almost 2 months.

A kid this age has room to improve, and as I've said many times, he shoots well enough and has enough size to be a good SG in this league.

I actually like him more as a SG because he then would have superior handle for his position whereas if he is a PG his handle would be considered shaky.

I also think he definitely fits the pass first system we know Phil is trying to implement with the Knicks.

I'm confident his handle will get tighter. That, along with his sized advantage could serve him well at both guard spots. But are his hands big enough?France hasn't really been good to the Knicks with Labyrie and that other guy whose name I can't speak without getting angry. You know, the one who got teabagged by Vince Carter. Can we go there again? Can Frank redeem his country?

Outside of he who will not be named because of teabuggery France has shipped over some good pros. Batum, Parker, Diaw, Gobert.... I also think his experience playing both on and off ball will help if the put him next to Baker in the back court.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
shinmen
Member: #6029
France
5/17/2017  5:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2017  5:09 AM
I would go with the best guard defender available and it seems that it's Ntilikina. He doesn't look very quick and a good 1 on 1 player but in system basketball, it won't be as much emphasized.
We tried this year a very good penetrating pg in Rose, it didn't work very good. I'd rather have a a good defender, willing passer and decent shooter.
Clyde said it all year, we need defense, defense, defense.
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/17/2017  7:12 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

His weakness are ugly

God damned French! Don't forget that fat center we had on the roster warming the bench. Can't remember his name

I for one like the idea of Frenchie as a 2/combo. Forget who mentioned it here first. But that's an excellent ideA imo

(5)(5)
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/17/2017  7:18 AM
I'm not a fan of Nilikina at all, the final nail on the coffin for me was when some scouts started saying he wasn't a pg- as a shooting guard he's awful. Doesn't seem to have the basic skill set to be anything other than a bust- he seems like a less athletic second coming of Exum.

I'd prefer Isaac at this point, but I'm curious - can anyone suggest some names we haven't already discussed much? Like that SG in Australia?

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/17/2017  7:29 AM
There's no way Phil will draft DS Jr though, so stop watching his highlights videos!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/17/2017  8:03 AM
Zebo13 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

His weakness are ugly

The draft express videos are pretty rock solid and reputable. In fact, most of them are spot on.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/17/2017  8:17 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Dennis smith or the Frenchman. This is a point guard heavy draft as long as you are in the top 10

dennis smith preferably, but i'd be ok with n(t)ik

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

5/17/2017  8:21 AM
PhilinLA wrote:I like Smith, but not for the Knicks. I think he's a bit selfish.

uh oh first i heard of this...can you please explain how..
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/17/2017  8:33 AM
we fell to pick four and ppl say we lucked into kp6, not our scouting who told phil he could be a number one over all pick. we fall to eight i kinda trust those same scouts , when our pick blows up ppl will say we luck into him too. i trust the scouts they nice with theirs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/17/2017  8:37 AM
Either way it will be Smith, Ntilikina, or Monk (unless someone unexpected drops.) Monk could go as high as #3 to Philly still. But any of those 3 would be solid picks at 8.
Ira
Member: #91
5/17/2017  8:39 AM
Frenchy if he's there. I love his versatility - very good defender and shooter, can play either guard position and plays smart.
fwk00
Member: #6048

5/17/2017  8:45 AM
IMO, BPA would be Lauri Markkanen, #1 PF in the draft. There are plenty of PG candidates late in the second who fit the bill and it opens up the opportunity to trade O'Quinn. Secondly, big men are easier to trade should they disappoint then smaller players.

I think the Knicks have to avoid believing they will score an all-star backcourt talent.

That said, both Frankie and Monk who will presumably be available are very good ballplayer prospects. In looking at the "weakness" tape, I'm not seeing anything that can't be fixed with maturity and playing time and more than a few of the "weaknesses" look like blown plays because of a weak teammate.

And Monk has the same question marks for me that Curry displayed when he was in the draft. But Monk has a personal charisma that makes me think he can be another Curry/Klay Thompson clone.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/17/2017  9:19 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:I like Smith, but not for the Knicks. I think he's a bit selfish.

I think its a fair knock. Smith constantly overdribbles. You see tons of penetration followed by no play so he brings the ball back out. There were times he looked liked Iverson just dribbling all over the damn place until he got a seem to score or make a play. He's got insane quickness but Im not sure how his game translates. He's smaller than Monk and a TO machine as well. If they workout Smith and take him it means he really impressed, most likely with his mouth and what he had to say. He's very untriangle. Over dribble, high usage and small.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/17/2017  9:20 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

His weakness are ugly

The draft express videos are pretty rock solid and reputable. In fact, most of them are spot on.

This video is a bit dated. He reportedly made strides in a lot of these areas during the pro-season
They usually release updated footage later during the draft process.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718

5/17/2017  9:23 AM
fishmike wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I think its a fair knock. Smith constantly overdribbles. You see tons of penetration followed by no play so he brings the ball back out. There were times he looked liked Iverson just dribbling all over the damn place until he got a seem to score or make a play. He's got insane quickness but Im not sure how his game translates. He's smaller than Monk and a TO machine as well. If they workout Smith and take him it means he really impressed, most likely with his mouth and what he had to say. He's very untriangle. Over dribble, high usage and small.

got it. i have admittedly not watched enough of him. sounds like viva la france

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/17/2017  9:28 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Uptown wrote:If Malik Monk is still around you take him....if he is gone, the next best option is Smith.

I'll take the Frenchman, but if motivated, Smith is not as bad of a defender as I originally thought.

Got to put our faith in our talent evaluators...

The "if motivated part" is always the killer. Most guys in the league are good defenders when motivated. We can say the same thing about Melo and Rose. I'm sure part of it was coaching, but I think part of it is DSJs mentality.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/17/2017  9:30 AM
smackeddog wrote:I'm not a fan of Nilikina at all, the final nail on the coffin for me was when some scouts started saying he wasn't a pg- as a shooting guard he's awful. Doesn't seem to have the basic skill set to be anything other than a bust- he seems like a less athletic second coming of Exum.

I'd prefer Isaac at this point, but I'm curious - can anyone suggest some names we haven't already discussed much? Like that SG in Australia?

Ferguson is someone I wouldn't be to upset at picking. He is from Dallas area and he is big time athlete. His upside is huge due to his ability to create and handle. Measure in at 6-7 ideal sg material. Has a good shooting form will get better as he develops.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/17/2017  9:31 AM
Donovan Mitchell from Louisville is interesting. He measured a 6'10+ wingspan and the best vert in the combine. He's a much better athlete than many realized I think. He could also be a nice piece moving forward.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
#8: who do we draft?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy