[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

looking back, bill simmons take about the knicks last year
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/18/2004  8:51 AM
Just to remember all the pessimists where we're ccoming from.

13. New York Knicks
Critics are calling them "The most unwatchable Knicks team yet!" Lemme tell you something ... when you throw Dikembe Mutombo, Michael Sweetney, Clarence Witherspoon, Kurt Thomas, Othella Harrington, Keith Van Horn and a washed-up Antonio McDyess in the same frontcourt, and you have the worst group of point guards in the league, and the fastest guy on your team is Allan Houston ... I mean, this is a team for the ages.

Scott Layden shouldn't just be fired, he should be facing a civil suit filed against him by Knicks fans. Seriously. Shouldn't you be able to sue someone for doing this to your favorite team? Has that ever happened before? At the very least, he should be forced to live in a reality-TV house with Grady Little, Bob Whitsitt, Jim Haslett and Gregg Williams, where they have no electricity, no bathrooms and no food for six weeks.

(Don't worry, Knicks fans -- I'm sure your buddy David Stern will figure out a way to steer Kobe to New York this summer. Maybe he'll unearth a rule from 1997 that every fifth Antonio McDyess knee surgery yields a $10 million injury cap exemption for his team. Stranger things have happened.)

AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
8/18/2004  10:04 AM
Posted by raven:

...and you have the worst group of point guards in the league...

Yes, it was a long time before Marbury that we'd had a decent point
guard (read deserving to start), let alone an elite one!
Last decent one: Derek Harper?
Last elite one: Mark Jackson ala 1988? Or do we have to go back
to Clyde?
Posted by raven:

Scott Layden shouldn't just be fired, he should be facing a civil suit filed against him by Knicks fans.

I had thought the same thing! He did us real damage!

[Edited by - panos on 08/18/2004 10:05:19]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/18/2004  11:03 AM
Posted by raven:

Just to remember all the pessimists where we're ccoming from.

13. New York Knicks
Critics are calling them "The most unwatchable Knicks team yet!" Lemme tell you something ... when you throw Dikembe Mutombo, Michael Sweetney, Clarence Witherspoon, Kurt Thomas, Othella Harrington, Keith Van Horn and a washed-up Antonio McDyess in the same frontcourt, and you have the worst group of point guards in the league, and the fastest guy on your team is Allan Houston ... I mean, this is a team for the ages.

Scott Layden shouldn't just be fired, he should be facing a civil suit filed against him by Knicks fans. Seriously. Shouldn't you be able to sue someone for doing this to your favorite team? Has that ever happened before? At the very least, he should be forced to live in a reality-TV house with Grady Little, Bob Whitsitt, Jim Haslett and Gregg Williams, where they have no electricity, no bathrooms and no food for six weeks.

(Don't worry, Knicks fans -- I'm sure your buddy David Stern will figure out a way to steer Kobe to New York this summer. Maybe he'll unearth a rule from 1997 that every fifth Antonio McDyess knee surgery yields a $10 million injury cap exemption for his team. Stranger things have happened.)
Thanks for the post. That was a brilliant reminder of how far the team has come so quickly. I'll be sure to bring this post up again if people forgot how much the roster has improved.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
8/18/2004  11:39 AM
I really hate Scott Layden. I really do. If I see him somewhere on a the street I will make sure he knows how I feel. He really ruined this team for a long time. I hope he does not get another GM job in this league ever again. If he does, I hope its for the NJ Nets or the Miami Heat or something.

Bill Simmons does not like New York. Bill Simmons does not like David Stern. Bill Simmons thinks NYK got Ewing because Stern doctored the draft. Forget about what he says. We should be more worried about what we think. There are many intelligent Knick fans that post here and on other Forums. There are many intelligent Knicks sports writers also. They should battle it out with "THE SPORTS GUY" about the whole NBA thing.

Truth though is that Knicks have come a long way. We had people like Eisely and Weatherspoon on our team startign last season. Don Chaney actually benched Ward because, EISLEY CANNOT PLAY WELL OFF THE BENCH. MAYBE HE SHOULD LEARN TO PLAY FIRST. Only a real Knick fan knows misery. The pain we feel when we see our once proud franchise being turned into a whimpering group of no talent ass clowns. Thank god for Isiah. Thank god for Marbury. Thank god for Lenny. They are not the best but they are a huge Improvement. GO NY GO NY GO!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/18/2004  11:44 AM
Glad to see you wrinting such a post, sil !

We've come a long way, but I'm confident enough to thing that it's only the beginning of something even bigger.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/18/2004  11:46 AM
Maybe he'll unearth a rule from 1997 that every fifth Antonio McDyess knee surgery yields a $10 million injury cap exemption for his team. Stranger things have happened

LMAO, that line right there just made my day.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
8/18/2004  1:41 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Maybe he'll unearth a rule from 1997 that every fifth Antonio McDyess knee surgery yields a $10 million injury cap exemption for his team. Stranger things have happened

LMAO, that line right there just made my day.
Bill Simmons is an excellent sports writer. I just wish he was a New Yorker and not destroy NY sports all the time.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
looking back, bill simmons take about the knicks last year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy