[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Egalitarian system... greatest TEAM ever!
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/27/2017  8:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2017  8:54 AM

Watch and listen.... Phil is preaching that same **** to us in 2017.... that's why he is pushing the triangle. TEAM BASKETBALL!!!! It's in our blood. Orange and blue blood... understand where you come from!. This is where we are trying to get back to.

Fuck the Celtics and Larry Bird!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree

4/27/2017  9:13 AM
Know your history!

The 66-67 season the Knicks were what we would call a "lottery" team today. The next season 67-68... Bill Bradley, Walt Frazier and Phil Jackson came in as rookies. They drafted Cassie Russell the year before. Willis Reed was in his 3rd year. Dick Barnett was a 7 year vet. Red Holtzman didn't become head coach until 68-69....

The above paragraph is called a rebuild!!!!

The Knicks are in the process of building this thing. Phil wants us to be a team oriented basketball club. This is who we are ladies sand gentlemen.... We need tho get back to our roots. We are on our way. We have a similar story brewing. The only change is the Knicks are in the process of trading our star in Melo. Melo doesn't want to play team ball. Dick Barnett was our star back in the day... he bought into the team concept.

Watch the ****ing video I posted!!!! Guys have to play unselfish as run the offense. Move the ball, make your cuts, play defense.... This usis what we have to do!!! We have to Keep getting guys here that buy in. This is the right path for us. It's a true homecoming.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/27/2017  9:33 AM
I see it you see it, there are some who are resisting the process. The process will yield the star players. The process is what every team that is currently winning is based on.

Team basketball is where winning is and like you said you have to buy in to the philosophy. There is no place for resistance.

EnySpree

4/27/2017  9:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2017  9:44 AM
Vmart wrote:I see it you see it, there are some who are resisting the process. The process will yield the star players. The process is what every team that is currently winning is based on.

Team basketball is where winning is and like you said you have to buy in to the philosophy. There is no place for resistance MOTHERFUCKER!!! 🔥🔥🔥

YOU gotta add a mother****er in there so the ignorant can hear you

Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

4/27/2017  9:43 AM
Agree, but this was the time of slow basketball. Have we ever seen likes of russ and john wall in that era?
What you are talking about is half court b-ball which is roughly only 60-70% of the points in today's league. If a team focuses on one style of play, they won't be successful.

Look at the rockets...under D'Antoni who is known for speedball, they are flourishing even in the half court. And they don't play great defense either. You think Morey is not allowing D'Antoni to maximize the talents of Harden and Lou by giving them freedom? Meanwhile...Phil and Hornacek don't have the same relationship and it's showing in our record.

Melo is still our best passer
Melo is not in the best shape to play both styles of bball (halfcourt and fastbreak)
Melo has not been given keys to bring the ball up the court nor does he want to do that (at one point i thought he wanted to)
Melo does not trust his teammates to make the right play (in many cases he's right)

all of these reasons lead to bad play on the court. at that point it doesn't matter what system you are running.
of course melo is not the only reason from the players why we are failing...it's a big part.
KP needs to add bulk and Noah/Rose...ugh.

Team oriented basketball is great, but in every nba game you need a guy that can take over and make baskets too when the team is cold. as beautiful as lakers and suns played a decade ago, only the team with kobe on it won it all.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
EnySpree

4/27/2017  9:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2017  9:49 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Agree, but this was the time of slow basketball. Have we ever seen likes of russ and john wall in that era?
What you are talking about is half court b-ball which is roughly only 60-70% of the points in today's league. If a team focuses on one style of play, they won't be successful.

You see this is what gets me mad. The Knicks team was undersized and relied heavily on transition basketball. They were running fast breaks at the time where nobody bounced the ball not even once. They were running practice weaves on teams. So you are inaccurate when talking about only half court basketball. Know your history fam

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/27/2017  9:51 AM
it was a team game. Sigh... will it ever be again?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree

4/27/2017  9:57 AM
Trust me you need talent to win, but you can't put all your hopes in getting a franchise player to take over games. The Knicks aren't going to get any of the current Stars.... We have to build with future stars to catch the next nba wave. We are accumulating a good group. We'll get a few more guys for sure this off season and next. Give me 8 guys that all can play. Yes you need a Walt Frazier and Willis Reed to carry the load, but you need 8 guys to give it to you every night as well. KP is already giving us 18 a game... we're gonna need luck to feet the rest but we are on the right path. In 3-5 years possibly the nba will be trying to be like us and stupid fans in Milwaukee well be crying that their owner is stupid and should be more like Dolan!!!! 💥💥💥💥💥🔫
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/27/2017  9:59 AM
Sure it's a team game. Superteams only.

I heard some sheehit a few years ago about how GS played team ball. With two chuckers in the same backcourt, no less.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/27/2017  10:14 AM
Great Thread!!! This is really the crux of the matter! What kind of team do we want? What is Phil actually trying to build? If a fan is paying more attention to the failed attempts to put something around Melo then of course it's going to look only like failure, but there's a deeper purpose Phil has for the team.

Phil stands for the same values as the great Knicks Teams of the past!!! From the D League to the Front Office there will be only one vision for this team. Unselfish Team Ball! Defense! Ball and Player Movement! So this is is what he's doing that the Media and many Fans just don't get!

This team will be getting closer to his vision every year. Players that get it will stay and those that don't will be gone!!! For me it's an exciting time to see this team go thru this process! Phil hasn't wasted 3 yrs because he's already started building this team up but it takes time to see the final product and the beginning never looks impressive.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

4/27/2017  10:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2017  10:33 AM
Good post. Got a kick out of watching. Its a tight short wearing, two hand passing, no between the leg dribbling, hook shot taking, 5 inch vertical, old cemetery. Lol. Here is the problem with most old school NY Knick fans, they are holding on to the past and think that 5 effort guys with mediocre athletic ability can win with just good team work. Just not so. The athleticism in todays sports are miles ahead of what it was 50 years ago. Due to the amount of money being paid, kids are getting high end training from a young age. The new NBA takes advantage of the advanced skills and athletic ability of these young players. With that comes the new systems put in place to take advantage of the speed and shooting range these young kids can achieve. Slow down down old school ball is just not going to be around much longer. Reason why Trinagle is antiquated and we need to come back to 2017. You do have to admire the team game and the ability to play good hard defense. Something all teams today can benefit from regardless of system in place.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Cartman718

4/27/2017  11:22 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Agree, but this was the time of slow basketball. Have we ever seen likes of russ and john wall in that era?

You see this is what gets me mad. The Knicks team was undersized and relied heavily on transition basketball. They were running fast breaks at the time where nobody bounced the ball not even once. They were running practice weaves on teams. So you are inaccurate when talking about only half court basketball. Know your history fam

I am not saying to rely heavily on transition bball...this was the problem with the D'Antoni Suns too.
I am saying that you get the feeling that Phil wants it more like 90-10 or 95-5 rather than 70-30 or 60-40

You misjudged me but judged me nevertheless lol

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
EnySpree

4/27/2017  11:39 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Good post. Got a kick out of watching. Its a tight short wearing, two hand passing, no between the leg dribbling, hook shot taking, 5 inch vertical, old cemetery. Lol. Here is the problem with most old school NY Knick fans, they are holding on to the past and think that 5 effort guys with mediocre athletic ability can win with just good team work. Just not so. The athleticism in todays sports are miles ahead of what it was 50 years ago. Due to the amount of money being paid, kids are getting high end training from a young age. The new NBA takes advantage of the advanced skills and athletic ability of these young players. With that comes the new systems put in place to take advantage of the speed and shooting range these young kids can achieve. Slow down down old school ball is just not going to be around much longer. Reason why Trinagle is antiquated and we need to come back to 2017. You do have to admire the team game and the ability to play good hard defense. Something all teams today can benefit from regardless of system in place.

We're not building a team in the 60s... it's 2017... The game is faster by default but it's still the same game. Nobody said were going to win with zero talent. That's why it's called a rebuild. We are rebuilding the talent. Once the Knicks did that in the 60s... earl the pearl came over aka the same situation Durant is in....but we have to start somewhere. There shouldn't be so much flap about wanting to play as a team.

EnySpree

4/27/2017  11:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2017  11:47 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I am not saying to rely heavily on transition bball...this was the problem with the D'Antoni Suns too.
I am saying that you get the feeling that Phil wants it more like 90-10 or 95-5 rather than 70-30 or 60-40

You judged me first saying I was taking about a half court basketball. All I'm taking about is team basketball.... our very own 69-70 Knicks team did it all correctly. Half court, fast break, rebounds and defense. This is what Phil had been saying. Hornacek is here to push up the tempo. The triangle is for the half court.... but we're out to build a complete game. Not what you think or whay you think i think. It's what im saying and what was said in the 60s when the Knicks started their rebuild. It's all the same ****. Same basketball is being played. This new nba talk is for media clones. You still need 12 guys to play as one to win. Nothing new about that.

Cartman718

4/27/2017  11:51 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

You judged me first saying I was taking about a half court basketball. All I'm taking about is team basketball.... our very own 69-70 Knicks team did it all correctly. Half court, fast break, rebounds and defense. This is what Phil had been saying. Hornacek is here to push up the tempo. The triangle is for the half court.... but we're out to build a complete game. Not what you think or whay you think i think. It's what im saying and what was said in the 60s when the Knicks started their rebuild. It's all the same ****. Same basketball is being played. This new nba talk is for media clones. You still need 12 guys to play as one to win. Nothing new about that.

agree...i should have said what the video shows, instead of what you are talking about :)
dont get me wrong it does show team ball, but in slow motion compared to today's game
EnySpree

4/27/2017  12:16 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

agree...i should have said what the video shows, instead of what you are talking about :)
dont get me wrong it does show team ball, but in slow motion compared to today's game

So if it makes you happy, use your imagination and place today's players in the same video under the nba rules of today.

Regardless of how old the video is team concept is what we want.

The Egalitarian system... greatest TEAM ever!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy