nixluva wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Yes, exactly. You can't take 30% of the payroll off from an already .400 team and expect the team to compete. Also, any GM that thought Melo was worth 30% of the cap probably wouldn't make competent decisions with most of the other 70% of the cap.

I agree. The Knicks have to hope that there is another gm in the league like that and that he is ok with cap hit and the ntc.

Desperation is a huge factor. Playoff teams almost have no choice but to keep trying to find that missing ingredient!!! They can't just stand pat. There will be teams willing to trade for Melo!

there maybe teams that want him that he wants no part of. the only team I really see making a run is Cleveland if they don't win the title, but you would almost certainly have to include willy, because of kp and Noah..The options are so limited

Of course the options are limited but you have to wait and see which teams change their minds! In the end the Knicks don't have to take a bad deal! Phil won't have to just accept a deal that hurts the team! We STILL will be adding drafted players and STILL have Cap Space.

Kind of like how Phil waited to get a good deal for Tyson, right? Or Rolo. Or, no one actually.

Phil passed on deals before but you don't really focus on that! He decided he would accept those deals you listed for his own reasons but rejected others. He's not perfect! He admits he should've gotten Crowder! What you're doing is assuming Phil CAN'T do something in the future because of things in the past and that's not how it works!!! You know that. Phil has made good deals too.

Really?!?

OK, I'll admit he bats around .050 on trades. It's not zero.

That's fine if this is your opinion. None of his deals were blockbusters. This still doesn't mean he CAN'T get any good deals in the future. The small moves will be important too. This is going to be about Draft and player development more than big names.

He wants to move the biggest name on the team and everybody knows it. I hope he gets something reasonable back but I have my doubts.

In any trade for Melo simply by virtue of the size of Melo's contract the compensation has to be somewhat substantial. winning teams will have something to send back or they will have to involve a 3rd team, which I believe is the most likely scenario.

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/2/2017  4:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Kemet wrote:If u dont know ask somebody .. on 2011 February trade deadline our Dum-Dum owner James Dolan made the Melo trade when every NBA team in the league refuse to trade for Melo .. even the Nets publically turned down the Melo trade. The Knicks had a 29-26 record the day James Dolan made the Melo Trade.

Melo and Woodson had little to do with the Knicks having a 54 win season .. All the credit for the Knicks winning 54 games in the 2012-13 season goes to "Jason Kidd and the Old-Timers defense-first".

Eventually, the Knicks won, or they lost, depending on how you view the last six years and the current conundrum. The Nets reached an agreement with the Nuggets and were intent on dealing for Anthony without his commitment, but Dolan upped New York's offer and sealed the deal by giving up Timofey Mozgov.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-nets-rivalry-peaked-years-carmelo-anthony-article-1.2960933

Oh my god, I missed this return of "The Trade Rape" gang.
Never gets old. Touting 3 games over .500 with a team of **** +Stat being ridden hard and put away wet every night by MDA who didn't know WTF he was doing except being snarky in post game interviews. Tell, me I suppose it's all Melo's fault that Stat kept dribbling off his feet and taking wine baths and only beating fire extinguishers for the rest of his Knicks tenure, right?

For their next trick, Kemet and Bonn will show you, by the most advanced of metrics, how 15 whole days of Jeremy Lin were the only bright spot in the past 10 years of Knicks history.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/2/2017  7:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/2/2017  7:39 PM
jrodmc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Kemet wrote:If u dont know ask somebody .. on 2011 February trade deadline our Dum-Dum owner James Dolan made the Melo trade when every NBA team in the league refuse to trade for Melo .. even the Nets publically turned down the Melo trade. The Knicks had a 29-26 record the day James Dolan made the Melo Trade.

Melo and Woodson had little to do with the Knicks having a 54 win season .. All the credit for the Knicks winning 54 games in the 2012-13 season goes to "Jason Kidd and the Old-Timers defense-first".

Eventually, the Knicks won, or they lost, depending on how you view the last six years and the current conundrum. The Nets reached an agreement with the Nuggets and were intent on dealing for Anthony without his commitment, but Dolan upped New York's offer and sealed the deal by giving up Timofey Mozgov.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-nets-rivalry-peaked-years-carmelo-anthony-article-1.2960933

Never gets old. Touting 3 games over .500 with a team of **** +Stat being ridden hard and put away wet every night by MDA who didn't know WTF he was doing except being snarky in post game interviews. Tell, me I suppose it's all Melo's fault that Stat kept dribbling off his feet and taking wine baths and only beating fire extinguishers for the rest of his Knicks tenure, right?

For their next trick, Kemet and Bonn will show you, by the most advanced of metrics, how 15 whole days of Jeremy Lin were the only bright spot in the past 10 years of Knicks history.

More like 15 years
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

5/2/2017  7:53 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

More like 15 years

Agree. Lin has showed he can be the center piece. Just look at Houston...oh wait. But then it was on in LA...umm ok well. But he finally took the team to conference finals in Charlotte..well maybe not finals but he shot the light out in the Playoffs. Minus his 22% frofm 3pt land. But he probably needed more than Walker, Batum, Lee, Jefferson. They are all bums. At least he is now home and killing it in Brooklyn...well maybe next year. I mean with guys like Lopez, who is much better than that bum Melo, he will win at least 50 next year. As long as he does not trip on his man bun.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

5/2/2017  7:59 PM

Kidd? Didnt know he was up for MVP like Melo was? You mean the Kidd that shot 37% for the year, couldnt hit a shot the first 50 games of the year. Averaged 6 pts. and 3 assits per. And desappeared in the playoffs? You mean that one? Bahahahaha!!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Bonn1997
USA
5/2/2017  9:06 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

More like 15 years

Agree. Lin has showed he can be the center piece. Just look at Houston...oh wait. But then it was on in LA...umm ok well. But he finally took the team to conference finals in Charlotte..well maybe not finals but he shot the light out in the Playoffs. Minus his 22% frofm 3pt land. But he probably needed more than Walker, Batum, Lee, Jefferson. They are all bums. At least he is now home and killing it in Brooklyn...well maybe next year. I mean with guys like Lopez, who is much better than that bum Melo, he will win at least 50 next year. As long as he does not trip on his man bun.

LOL! Though I remember the days when people thought his 3 year, $25 mil contract was the biggest outrage in the history of sports.
jrodmc
USA
5/3/2017  2:07 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

More like 15 years

LOL! Though I remember the days when people thought his 3 year, $25 mil contract was the biggest outrage in the history of sports.

More like in the history of the universe.
Bonn1997
USA
5/3/2017  2:09 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

More like 15 years

Or multiverse!
jrodmc
USA
5/3/2017  2:16 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Kidd? Didnt know he was up for MVP like Melo was? You mean the Kidd that shot 37% for the year, couldnt hit a shot the first 50 games of the year. Averaged 6 pts. and 3 assits per. And desappeared in the playoffs? You mean that one? Bahahahaha!!

Yeah, please, please post here more often! Softballs like this that have been blasted out of the park for the past 4 years are not easy to come by since the Lin lovers and Gallonari groupies left the board! Would the Old-Timers defense-first" include the Rashweed in-season retirement, or InvisaCamby?

If u don't know ask somebody
priceless
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/3/2017  2:19 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

More like 15 years

Or multiverse!

Or Underverse!

Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

5/4/2017  3:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

More like 15 years

Or multiverse!

Or Underverse!

hah reminds me of this movie..

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
the numbers dont lie

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy