[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Reasonable Free Agency targets
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/26/2017  12:52 PM
I think Shabazz Muhammad would help our wing depth and athleticism a great deal and he'd be a good signing for us.

He's just 24/25 with room to grow in his game.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/26/2017  1:00 PM
Call me crazy but I would try to see if Gallinari would be available. I think Gallo is the perfect triangle player.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/26/2017  1:56 PM
Ian Clark is an under-the-radar target for me. He can play both guard positions and can really shoot. Just turned 26. No way Golden State can keep him if he gets paid.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/26/2017  2:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2017  2:05 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Call me crazy but I would try to see if Gallinari would be available. I think Gallo is the perfect triangle player.

There is no perfect triangle player, that player would have to have 4 yrs of experience in that system

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/26/2017  2:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Call me crazy but I would try to see if Gallinari would be available. I think Gallo is the perfect triangle player.

There is no perfect triangle player

douche/troll alert
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
4/26/2017  2:06 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

There is no perfect triangle player

douche/troll alert

well name a few, tex

ES
fishmike
USA
4/26/2017  2:06 PM
crzymdups wrote:I think Shabazz Muhammad would help our wing depth and athleticism a great deal and he'd be a good signing for us.

Generally we either have to overpay or offer a good situation. It will be an interesting offseason.
There is a lotto pick. There is cap space. There will be a Melo trade. FA is last and there is a chance Knicks dont do much at all and go into the season with cap space. Depending on how they do with a Melo trade and the draft FA is very fluid.
knicks1248
4/26/2017  2:11 PM
Let me elaborate on my response, you see every player in the league has the potential to play in any system, I thought phil's FA signings have all been great, including NOAH. The problem is, no one really understand it, wants to play that way, and phil will get rid of you in a heart beat. The learning curb is 3 months and then your toast
ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/26/2017  2:11 PM
crzymdups wrote:I think Shabazz Muhammad would help our wing depth and athleticism a great deal and he'd be a good signing for us.

In the right role he would be good. But he is a volume scorer who doesn't pass much.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
USA
4/26/2017  2:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Let me elaborate on my response, you see every player in the league has the potential to play in any system, I thought phil's FA signings have all been great, including NOAH. The problem is, no one really understand it, wants to play that way, and phil will get rid of you in a heart beat. The learning curb is 3 months and then your toast
No... they actually dont.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

4/26/2017  2:24 PM

Your crazy! Lol. Do like Gallo but he is more of a PnR quick paced system kinda a guy.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
crzymdups
USA
4/26/2017  2:26 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

In the right role he would be good. But he is a volume scorer who doesn't pass much.

I think of him as being a gamer who can score, but also plays hard and defends. Not sure about the passing, but I remember a few games he played really well against us.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/26/2017  2:27 PM
fishmike wrote:

Generally we either have to overpay or offer a good situation. It will be an interesting offseason.
There is a lotto pick. There is cap space. There will be a Melo trade. FA is last and there is a chance Knicks dont do much at all and go into the season with cap space. Depending on how they do with a Melo trade and the draft FA is very fluid.

We could offer him a lot of minutes at the 2/3, couldn't we? Though the question of our situation is interesting. Not sure how many players view it as a positive right now. I think I'd rather overpay a young FA by a little than an older FA by a lot, where they become useless dead cap for the last half of their contract.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/26/2017  2:28 PM
Knixkik wrote:Ian Clark is an under-the-radar target for me. He can play both guard positions and can really shoot. Just turned 26. No way Golden State can keep him if he gets paid.

I like Ian Clark. That's a good call.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/26/2017  2:29 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Your crazy! Lol. Do like Gallo but he is more of a PnR quick paced system kinda a guy.

I like Gallo fine... but I would never pair him with KP in the front court. Too big and slow. you have to be quick on the wing in the league now.

Clippers aren't at the 2 and 3 and look how much it's killing them against the Jazz. They can't stop Joe Johnson, Gordon Hayward, or even Rodney Hood from getting any shot they want.

¿ △ ?
HofstraBBall

4/26/2017  2:31 PM
My choice is to sign no one. Make it a true rebuild. Trade Melo for picks and up and comer. Hope he starts the path of true rebuild.

Not a quasi rebuild, yet again. Against signing Rose and other "Triangle" type seniors. Specially if Noah is his starting center.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/26/2017  2:34 PM
IS ANYONE PAYING ATTENTION??? Did you guys actually watch the Knicks or are you just gonna say dumb cliche crap about the Triangle??? How long are we gonna keep having Media and some Fans have no idea what the Knicks actually run?

The only time this team ran 100% Pure Triangle was under Rambis!!! This season Jeff was trying to blend his stuff with Triangle. They had time with less Triangle and times with a little more. It NEVER was 100% Triangle and Phil WANTS Jeff to do what he's doing. The kids finally got the hang of Jeff's Early Offense, Spread PnR, 3pt looks that can flow into Triangle when needed. It's a good mix.

fishmike
USA
4/26/2017  2:36 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:My choice is to sign no one. Make it a true rebuild. Trade Melo for picks and up and comer. Hope he starts the path of true rebuild.

Not a quasi rebuild, yet again. Against signing Rose and other "Triangle" type seniors. Specially if Noah is his starting center.

I think this is very possible and not a bad idea. Rehab Noah and limit his minutes. See what you get from the Melo trade. See what the draft yields. Just focus on building from within and if some situation pops that gives us a chance to grab a special player maybe we do.. otherwise just focus on building it up internally.

Heck.. if we draft well and Noah and Lance return and have good seasons the Knicks could very easily be a .500 team. If it blows up than we arent there yet.

HofstraBBall

4/26/2017  2:39 PM
crzymdups wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I like Gallo fine... but I would never pair him with KP in the front court. Too big and slow. you have to be quick on the wing in the league now.

Clippers aren't at the 2 and 3 and look how much it's killing them against the Jazz. They can't stop Joe Johnson, Gordon Hayward, or even Rodney Hood from getting any shot they want.

Yeah, they have lots of trouble guarding anyone. Yet Melo haters were okay with us trading for some of them. Btw. was watching the other night and was surprised to hear that the Clips have a very good record without Blake. Thought they would be a lot worse.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/26/2017  2:41 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:My choice is to sign no one. Make it a true rebuild. Trade Melo for picks and up and comer. Hope he starts the path of true rebuild.

I think this is very possible and not a bad idea. Rehab Noah and limit his minutes. See what you get from the Melo trade. See what the draft yields. Just focus on building from within and if some situation pops that gives us a chance to grab a special player maybe we do.. otherwise just focus on building it up internally.

Heck.. if we draft well and Noah and Lance return and have good seasons the Knicks could very easily be a .500 team. If it blows up than we arent there yet.

This may very well happen! Knicks aren't in a panic or desperation mode. They can be selective on when they try to make a big move. Just see how things work out at each stage.

Reasonable Free Agency targets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy