[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank N NBA turnover machine waiting to happen
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/25/2017  9:56 PM
Im not sure Frank N is really an NBA PG prospect. I know--some of these guys are 1-2 combos and work out well.
I want to look beyond his quality--which is length on defense and focus on his rather high loose handle--his lack of burst and nominal separation ability.
I think there are NBA players who will get into him and make him cough it up a LOT and or disrupt his game. Hes not a great passer either. Im not sure Im looking at an NBA PG here. Hes different more like a ball hawking 2 who can play some 1 if needed. Obviously his length will give him some nice advantages and thats his path to NBA success--but Im not sure this is the way to go for the Knicks. If were picking 14-18 but 7 is way too darn high for what might be a complete project player.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/25/2017  10:14 PM
I'm sure the scouts see it too. The kid needs more development on his ball skills. He's not a quick twitch type of PG! He's more of a half speed type. Just plays at a speed fast enough to be a threat but not blazing past anyone.
wargames
Member: #6053

4/25/2017  10:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  10:37 PM
Ya'll realize he is probably a SG with his measurables and his ball handling skills would actually be advanced for most SG in the league these days

Like if we run the tryangle Ron Baker is arguably good enough to start at PG. The system requires the SG be good at ball handling as well as Frank Ntilkina has that. If the plan is to rely on KP and Willy to score inside/out then you need shooters around them.....

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/25/2017  10:38 PM
I think Briggs doesn't like him because he voted for Macron and not Le Pen...

I expect that teams- including ours, will put him through all the paces to see what he is and is not able to do.

And always remember...hate it or love it- a Triangle PG is a "lead guard." Look at what Baker was able to do in a single season with limited playing time...Most would not have thought him capable of running a team, but he was doing a pretty good job by the end of the year and I expect him to be even better next year as a ball handler.

I have a higher opinion of Ntilikina, but I'm quite satisfied with our evaluation people deciding whether he is worth the pick. I don't have the same feeling about him that I had with KP a few years ago, but folks would be foolish to discount his ability.

Good read...some things about his life, as well as basketball. Longer article, but interesting.

Simply looking at what you see on the court is never the best way to learn about a player and what he might be able to do...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/04/sports/basketball/frank-ntilikina-sig-strasbourg-france.html?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share&_r=0

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
wargames

4/25/2017  10:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  10:42 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:I think Briggs doesn't like him because he voted for Macron and not Le Pen...

I expect that teams- including ours, will put him through all the paces to see what he is and is not able to do.

And always remember...hate it or love it- a Triangle PG is a "lead guard." Look at what Baker was able to do in a single season with limited playing time...Most would not have thought him capable of running a team, but he was doing a pretty good job by the end of the year and I expect him to be even better next year as a ball handler.

I have a higher opinion of Ntilikina, but I'm quite satisfied with our evaluation people deciding whether he is worth the pick. I don't have the same feeling about him that I had with KP a few years ago, but folks would be foolish to discount his ability.

Good read...some things about his life, as well as basketball. Longer article, but interesting.

Simply looking at what you see on the court is never the best way to learn about a player and what he might be able to do...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/04/sports/basketball/frank-ntilikina-sig-strasbourg-france.html?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share&_r=0

He's also spent most of his time at Strausberg playing off guard. Which fits with what Phil wants for his system.

There is a legit possibility Phil plans to start the season with Baker as the teams PG

BRIGGS
4/25/2017  10:45 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:I think Briggs doesn't like him because he voted for Macron and not Le Pen...

Well we can hope for pick 3

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/25/2017  11:01 PM
Most young PGs are turnovers waiting to happen. A high dribble is easier to fix than a wonky shot release that precludes you from pulling up inside the paint *cough* Lonzo Ball *cough*. I remember guys like Brent Barry, Doug Christie, Penny Hardaway and Steve Smith who had high dribbles and we're able to adjust. Most of those guys did wind up as shooting guards later in their careers, tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
PhilinLA
Member: #696
4/25/2017  11:15 PM
One of only 2 really projectable floor generals available, he and Ball, and we're not getting Ball withouut lottery luck that's been missing since 1985;
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/26/2017  12:10 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

We actually deserve a break after all the bad luck lottery crap we've gone through...maybe the basketgall gods show us some sympathy.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
4/26/2017  12:11 AM
PhilinLA wrote:One of only 2 really projectable floor generals available, he and Ball, and we're not getting Ball withouut lottery luck that's been missing since 1985;

Ouch. Im not sure about that. I havent seen 1 video where Frank looks to pass first. I think Frank has ability but hes also a project. We really fckd up winning that game vs Philly--I think that wouldve ensured us a F. I think Fox will go top 6 so we get the project player--or is there another route.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/26/2017  1:28 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:One of only 2 really projectable floor generals available, he and Ball, and we're not getting Ball withouut lottery luck that's been missing since 1985;

Ouch. Im not sure about that. I havent seen 1 video where Frank looks to pass first. I think Frank has ability but hes also a project. We really fckd up winning that game vs Philly--I think that wouldve ensured us a F. I think Fox will go top 6 so we get the project player--or is there another route.

I'm not sold on Frank, but we're probably out of range for Fox. And Frank does pass. My wish list for the Knicks is still - Josh Jackson, De'Aaron Fox, Jonathan Isaac, Frank Ntilikina. We get any of those guys and I'll be relatively happy.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/26/2017  1:30 AM
Look if Phil trades Melo, the Knicks are losing 60+ games next year. There's just no way around it. It's Phil's genius plan. Frank can learn on the job and help get us Doncic next year. Frank and Doncic backcourt is interesting.
¿ △ ?
PhilinLA
Member: #696
4/26/2017  1:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2017  1:53 AM
I don't like Fox for the Knicks. Which isn't to say I don't like him as a player. I do. He just needs strength work. But I think he might get into the play before KP and Willy make it up court. I like Ball or Frank. And I've seen Frank show passing skill, and I love the way he gets after it on D. I also think we might be adding another first round pick somewhere from a trade, and that could get us the young 2 r 3 we'll need.

Btw, I also don't like Josh Jackson, who reminds me of Kenny Walker, or Isaac who I don't think is worthy of moving KP off the 4.

http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

4/26/2017  3:02 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
We actually deserve a break after all the bad luck lottery crap we've gone through...maybe the basketgall gods show us some sympathy.

No, we are in our predicament not because of bad luck, but because of our stupidity. Which started with the trade of Ewing and the drafting of Weis over Artest. For that we deserve to wander 40 years through the desert, the good news is we are almost half way through.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

4/26/2017  3:11 AM
crzymdups wrote:Look if Phil trades Melo, the Knicks are losing 60+ games next year. There's just no way around it. It's Phil's genius plan. Frank can learn on the job and help get us Doncic next year. Frank and Doncic backcourt is interesting.

Hernangomez, Porzingis, Kuzminskas, Doncic and Ntilikina. I must have been sleeping, but when did America fall behind Europe in basketball training so much that the recipe for an NBA championship has become in assembling a team of young Eurostars? Is playing in a US high school or college now detrimental to an NBA career?

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/26/2017  6:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2017  6:14 AM
I'm not a big fan of point guards that hold the ball for long but I think Dennis Smith is probably the best guy at 7 if we're looking for a point guard. With Smith, Baker, Randle, our PG spot is set for cheap. We can then go trade Melo for help at 2 and 3.

Watching both players, I think Smith Jr. is the better player at this point. I like Frank's potential, but I think he's a risky pick at 7. If we really want a point at 7, then I go with Smith. Smith takes Rose's place on the team, you now have 3 point guards for next year on the roster. You can focus on the 2 and 3 spots then.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/26/2017  6:49 AM

Could you imagine Lavar Ball talking to the media about Jackson after every loss. Thats really what this franchise needs someone else focused on the brand and not basketball

BigDaddyG wrote:Most young PGs are turnovers waiting to happen. A high dribble is easier to fix than a wonky shot release that precludes you from pulling up inside the paint *cough* Lonzo Ball *cough*. I remember guys like Brent Barry, Doug Christie, Penny Hardaway and Steve Smith who had high dribbles and we're able to adjust. Most of those guys did wind up as shooting guards later in their careers, tho.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/26/2017  7:44 AM
Intrigued by Frank at sg. We need a 2 who can pass and is good w basketball decision.
(5)(5)
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/26/2017  7:56 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

As fans, we do.

But I'm so sick of this triangle bs and Phil running this franchise into the ground, that I'm actually hoping we end up moving back in the lottery!

wargames

4/26/2017  8:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2017  8:06 AM
Chandler wrote:Intrigued by Frank at sg. We need a 2 who can pass and is good w basketball decision.

Yeah, I am too. He would have good size for it, and his handle and outside shot means he would have traditional SG skills you just don't see a lot of these days. Add defense and he sounds even better.

ESOMKnicks wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Look if Phil trades Melo, the Knicks are losing 60+ games next year. There's just no way around it. It's Phil's genius plan. Frank can learn on the job and help get us Doncic next year. Frank and Doncic backcourt is interesting.

Hernangomez, Porzingis, Kuzminskas, Doncic and Ntilikina. I must have been sleeping, but when did America fall behind Europe in basketball training so much that the recipe for an NBA championship has become in assembling a team of young Eurostars? Is playing in a US high school or college now detrimental to an NBA career?

I think it's more due to European ball being more system oriented and they have a culture where teams tend to emphasize players with skills who play team ball. Whereas most American players tend to focus on individual accolades and Physical potential. History shows both are viable for making a championship team. Anyhow this is also the same reason the Knicks have been looking at upperclassmen who got better in their programs over time. That increase in skill is ususally due to them buying into the system more as they get older.

Anyhow that core (minus Kuz) is young and fits the Tryangle. No reason to discourage it. If it happens we'll be in a much better place a few seasons from now.

Frank N NBA turnover machine waiting to happen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy