[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can't believe almost every player phil traded away is in the playoffs contributing..THANKS PHIL
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/25/2017  7:41 PM
Also Phil stated I WILL NOT TRADE MELO WITHOUT A BONA FIDE STATER/SCORER, so there's no way in hell he is going to get that and young players with upside and draft picks.. Who do think he's trading Kareem in his prime
ES
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/25/2017  8:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  8:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Also Phil stated I WILL NOT TRADE MELO WITHOUT A BONA FIDE STATER/SCORER, so there's no way in hell he is going to get that and young players with upside and draft picks.. Who do think he's trading Kareem in his prime

Actually nobody said any of that... Phil said he wanted a significant player that could fill in for 34 minutes thay Melo played. He didn't say nor did any of us say that we're going to get a bona fide scorer, a young player with upsidd and a draft pick..... That's you saying that just push what you are saying.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/25/2017  8:27 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/the-weirdest-most-regrettable-knicks-sightings-in-nba-playoffs/

further proof that if you won't playing like he wants you to, regardless of your talent and skills, you better of playing SOME WHERE ELES.

So if KD, or Curry, or Labron, came in and rebel against the TRIANGLE, he wouldn't think twice of trading them away. He would rather have a guy like baker and Randle, who embrace the triangle (for contract purposes) than a much more talented player who is not for the shanannings triangle.

Melo is about to be 33 years old dude stop crying. If he was 27-28 it would be different... the Knicks are in a different path. Get over it already.

Melo is not in the playoffs, unfortunately for him, he's still on a knicks team run by a dick, but im so sure if he's traded, he will be in the finals next yr..

Sorry too say but alot of knick fans are dicks. Melo is a huge part as to why we are a lottery team this year. He's not a leader and he could never be the man on a playoff tean without alpha males surrounding him. If and when he gets traded he's going to go to teams that are already playoff veteran teams. He's going to make them better because he doesn't have to do anything but score. A healthy Celtic or clipper team with Melo goes to the conference finals next year... a healthy bulls team with Melo might go to the finals. If he stays on the Knicks with us rebuilding he's leading us to the lottery again.

MY god, maybe the first post I agree with you on, But with that said, why didn't phil put together that kind or roster, instead of below avg players hoping melo would make them better, like that's been his reputation.

It's like MDA trading for a 34 yr old shaq, Like where would he fit in that offense

With what resources would he acquire these players? In am still waiting for someone to answer what players Phil should have signed with our cap space.

And it was Steve Kerr that traded for Shaw. Kerr didn't feel MDAs style was championship basketball. Which is y MDA quit or was fired?

Ain't this ironic

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
mlby1215
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6486

4/25/2017  8:46 PM
When NY media tell us our players suck.
Fans: Yeah! They suck! Phil Phailed!!

When NY media tell us our players good (After they are gone).
Fans: Yeah! They good! Phil Phailed!!

I mean, are we humans or robots? We are totally played into the hand of NY media.

I am even not sure some of us are honest. Sure, it is understandable that fans don't want to see Melo gone, but is it too far? Melo is a good player, and actually I am happy that now he will have a chance to prove himself elsewhere. Why some so us are so angry to paint everything negative? A NBA team wanted to build a vet team to "win now" but failed, so they choose to go another direction and trade the alpha star and start over. It is just as plain as sky. No dysfunction, no lack of direction, no circus.

Trading away the aged alpha star is always hugely unpopular. Melo once said he wanted to play until 40. Sure he would think he wanted to be here until 40. And it doesn't look like he wanted to be a role player like Vince Carter. He wanted to be Kobe, okay? It would mean 200mil/5year kind of max contract and farewell tour or something.

I mean, please. If it is what he wants, then I'd rather want him gone. I like him, but I love knicks more.

knicks1248
4/25/2017  9:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  9:25 PM
mlby1215 wrote: When NY media tell us our players suck.

I mean, are we humans or robots? We are totally played into the hand of NY media.

I am even not sure some of us are honest. Sure, it is understandable that fans don't want to see Melo gone, but is it too far? Melo is a good player, and actually I am happy that now he will have a chance to prove himself elsewhere. Why some so us are so angry to paint everything negative? A NBA team wanted to build a vet team to "win now" but failed, so they choose to go another direction and trade the alpha star and start over. It is just as plain as sky. No dysfunction, no lack of direction, no circus.

Trading away the aged alpha star is always hugely unpopular. Melo once said he wanted to play until 40. Sure he would think he wanted to be here until 40. And it doesn't look like he wanted to be a role player like Vince Carter. He wanted to be Kobe, okay? It would mean 200mil/5year kind of max contract and farewell tour or something.

I mean, please. If it is what he wants, then I'd rather want him gone. I like him, but I love knicks more.

This is not about melo, check the other 1900 threads about him. This thread is simply about players phil traded away that are playing quite well in systems that complement their skills.

Phil has handicap his own options by limiting his search for players that fit his system (which clearly are not many who are available). Out of all the players he traded, has their been any talk of them not fitting into their current system. Have you heard the words REBELLION, RESISTANCE. I mean these words only come out of phil's mouth every year he has been here

Have you heard or read that the president of the CAVs, hawks, wizards, celtics, pacers, Bulls, stop practice to show players how to play in the coach's system, i mean the president's system.

To be honest, there isn't one single team in the league (with the exception of the knicks) where the system they play in, is the HEART OF THE PROBLEM.

Phil Doesn't make BOSS moves, he make head scratching moves. He's getting paind like a BOSS, but he's acting like an assistant coach or one foot in the GYM, one foot in the office. Why you think RILEY left that TITLE alone.

PHIL was suppose to come in here like the WOLF (FROM PULP FICTION) I solve problems, but he's made matter worse

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/25/2017  9:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

This is not about melo, check the other 1900 threads about him. This thread is simply about players phil traded away that are playing quite well in systems that complement their skills.

Phil has handicap his own options by limiting his search for players that fit his system (which clearly are not many who are available). Out of all the players he traded, has their been any talk of them not fitting into their current system. Have you heard the words REBELLION, RESISTANCE. I mean these words only come out of phil's mouth every year he has been here

Have you heard or read that the president of the CAVs, hawks, wizards, celtics, pacers, Bulls, stop practice to show players how to play in the coach's system, i mean the president's system.

To be honest, there isn't one single team in the league (with the exception of the knicks) where the system they play in, is the HEART OF THE PROBLEM.

Phil Doesn't make BOSS moves, he make head scratching moves. He's getting paind like a BOSS, but he's acting like an assistant coach or one foot in the GYM, one foot in the office. Why you think RILEY left that TITLE alone.

PHIL was suppose to come in here like the WOLF (FROM PULP FICTION) I solve problems, but he's made matter worse

Phil is trying to do EXACTLY what San Antonio has set up. Establish a system, find players that fit. All of the rest you put up is just fluff man.

To me, Celtics are doing the same and succeeding at it, the Knicks have not.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/25/2017  9:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  9:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

What should have Phil done? Nobody wants to sign here.... its not cuz of Phil. Players just don't want any part of the Knicks. Phil had tried his best to comb Europe also pick up throw away players around the league to get the Knicks competitive. What could he have done? I don't want to hear about Noah or rose.... what about the rest of the players he's added. How could we have done better? Who could we have signed that we ignored? What move did we miss out on?

You are ridiculous now.... yeah Phil hasn't won but there are alot of factors behind it. If we kept Rolo we'd still be a lotto team. Only thing we can do is look forward to this youth rebuild but all you want to do is cry cry cry cry.... what do you want to happen? If you are so stressed about phil why don't you go find another team? Crying about 3 years under Phil when we have at least 30 years of fandom per each member of this forum... sheesh man get off it already

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
4/25/2017  10:50 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Phil is trying to do EXACTLY what San Antonio has set up. Establish a system, find players that fit. All of the rest you put up is just fluff man.

That would be fine if phil was 50 yrs old, just getting his feet wet... and please with the spurs talk..Duncan spent 99% of his career in the playoffs, with a HOST of veteran players, they always surround their young players around solid vets WINING, not a revolving door and a reset button every season, trashing their star players, not resigning players you traded for, and playing through 3 coaches in 2 seasoNs.

SOME OF YOU GUYS HAVE LOWERED THE BAR TO PRACTICALLY NOTHING OF THIS FRANCHISE. Your system is so IMMUNE to such failure, drama and dysfunction, that your only cry for help is, PLEASE DON"T TRADE OUR DRAFT PICKS even if we suck with the same PICKS.

THE KNICKS are an utter embarrassment, at this state, and theirs not a single drop of proof that it's getting better..Their is no swag heavy , suave, smoothing talking Exec leading this change. We are not that fortunate. If you don't think Phil has made his job that much tougher, or anybody associated with the roster and assembling it, your fkng nuts

ES
Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/25/2017  11:08 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The difference is, and the reason why Phil may fail, is that Greg Popovich was building the team he wanted as both Coach and GM.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/26/2017  10:53 AM
franco12 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:huh? just because those players are contributing elsewhere in the playoffs does not mean that they were a good fit for NYC climate both sports climate and weather...um remember fluson chandler?

remember the red carpet calderon had laid out for drives to the basket by opposing guards.

how about arron "i am kobe" afflalo

fair point - but I wonder if any player is suited to NYC.

yes the ones who have a great work ethic. not the slowest SF on defense, for example.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/26/2017  11:08 AM
the problem now is the same exact problem as then. Asking Jose Calderon to start is a problem. Asking him to be a back-up is not a problem. Shumpert looks much better off the bench than starting. Jamal Crawford won the 6th man once he left and could come off the bench. Etc. etc.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/26/2017  11:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2017  11:12 AM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/the-weirdest-most-regrettable-knicks-sightings-in-nba-playoffs/

further proof that if you won't playing like he wants you to, regardless of your talent and skills, you better of playing SOME WHERE ELES.

So if KD, or Curry, or Labron, came in and rebel against the TRIANGLE, he wouldn't think twice of trading them away. He would rather have a guy like baker and Randle, who embrace the triangle (for contract purposes) than a much more talented player who is not for the shanannings triangle.

Melo is about to be 33 years old dude stop crying. If he was 27-28 it would be different... the Knicks are in a different path. Get over it already.

Melo is not in the playoffs, unfortunately for him, he's still on a knicks team run by a dick, but im so sure if he's traded, he will be in the finals next yr..

Sorry too say but alot of knick fans are dicks. Melo is a huge part as to why we are a lottery team this year. He's not a leader and he could never be the man on a playoff tean without alpha males surrounding him. If and when he gets traded he's going to go to teams that are already playoff veteran teams. He's going to make them better because he doesn't have to do anything but score. A healthy Celtic or clipper team with Melo goes to the conference finals next year... a healthy bulls team with Melo might go to the finals. If he stays on the Knicks with us rebuilding he's leading us to the lottery again.

MY god, maybe the first post I agree with you on, But with that said, why didn't phil put together that kind or roster, instead of below avg players hoping melo would make them better, like that's been his reputation.

It's like MDA trading for a 34 yr old shaq, Like where would he fit in that offense

With what resources would he acquire these players? In am still waiting for someone to answer what players Phil should have signed with our cap space.

And it was Steve Kerr that traded for Shaw. Kerr didn't feel MDAs style was championship basketball. Which is y MDA quit or was fired?

Ain't this ironic

From interviews Ive seen with Kerr, it was D'Antoni's unwillingness to put more of a focus on defense that led them to part company. He didn't have a problem with the offense. What Kerr did at GS bears that out. They were not only the top team on offense, they were on defense as well.

One thing I noticed in the playoffs was MDA talking about defense. No, its not the first time he's done that. But bringing it up when he did during the interview, showed someone who was taking it more seriously. MDA was willing to have a defensive coordinator placed on the staff. That was a point of contention earlier in his career.

Looks like they both learned from each other.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/26/2017  11:21 AM
MDA's teams in PHX did defend but they also had some horrid defenders mixed in. People forget that MDA and Amare had a big blow up over Amare's defense! MDA's teams were always high point differential. He had small finesse teams in a league with more physical teams and the refs allowed more contact.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/26/2017  11:25 AM
nixluva wrote:MDA's teams in PHX did defend but they also had some horrid defenders mixed in. People forget that MDA and Amare had a big blow up over Amare's defense! MDA's teams were always high point differential. He had small finesse teams in a league with more physical teams and the refs allowed more contact.

Defense was never more than a passing interest for him. Saying otherwise is a monumental act of revisionism.

nixluva
USA
4/26/2017  11:29 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That would be fine if phil was 50 yrs old, just getting his feet wet... and please with the spurs talk..Duncan spent 99% of his career in the playoffs, with a HOST of veteran players, they always surround their young players around solid vets WINING, not a revolving door and a reset button every season, trashing their star players, not resigning players you traded for, and playing through 3 coaches in 2 seasoNs.

SOME OF YOU GUYS HAVE LOWERED THE BAR TO PRACTICALLY NOTHING OF THIS FRANCHISE. Your system is so IMMUNE to such failure, drama and dysfunction, that your only cry for help is, PLEASE DON"T TRADE OUR DRAFT PICKS even if we suck with the same PICKS.

THE KNICKS are an utter embarrassment, at this state, and theirs not a single drop of proof that it's getting better..Their is no swag heavy , suave, smoothing talking Exec leading this change. We are not that fortunate. If you don't think Phil has made his job that much tougher, or anybody associated with the roster and assembling it, your fkng nuts

What does Phil's age have to do with it? Phil never said he was going to be here forever. He said he was brought in to build a foundation for the franchise and he's still building that.

The Media and a lot of fans are preoccupied with the W/L record and not the ultimate goal of building a Title Contender. Just being able to win games isn't the ultimate goal!!! Phil wants a long term foundation of a system that will lead to sustainable winning. This is exactly what the Spurs have. We should all want that.

What does Phil stand for that is wrong? Unselfish Team Ball! Max Effort on Defense! Ball and Player Movement! These are winning principles and he's building towards that. If you watched the team you could see the beginnings of this when the younger players got more time.

nixluva
USA
4/26/2017  11:43 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:MDA's teams in PHX did defend but they also had some horrid defenders mixed in. People forget that MDA and Amare had a big blow up over Amare's defense! MDA's teams were always high point differential. He had small finesse teams in a league with more physical teams and the refs allowed more contact.

Defense was never more than a passing interest for him. Saying otherwise is a monumental act of revisionism.

All I said was that his teams did defend. In the 2005-06 season he played without a 7'er in his rotation! Amare was out. They won 54 and made the WCF's. They finished 16th in Defensive Rating.
They led the league in eFG% 53.7 and allowed teams to shoot an eFG% of 49.0, which was tied for 14th in the league.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/26/2017  11:57 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Where's Tyson? Quincy? Bargs? Dalembert? Galloway? Ledo? Amare? Prigioni? Shved? Melo?

So you started a thread to show how half the guys Phil traded away are now in the playoffs.. in a league where half the teams go to the playoffs. Genius! You could be POTUS!

I agree with you that this is a non issue but why list a bunch of players cut or not resigned. Only Tyson and Prigs were traded I believe and Prigs was in the playoffs for Houston and LAC before he retired.

Because "EVERY PLAYER" Phil has traded away is not flourishing as the genius topic starter suggests. Many are sitting home doing nothing. Looking at guys like JR and Shump playing well next to Labrun while playing under stupid contracts is just another dumb thread. 16 out of 30 teams make the playoffs... so if you have high turnover the math says about half the guys still in the league are going to be in the playoffs. Yawn.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
4/26/2017  12:25 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:huh? just because those players are contributing elsewhere in the playoffs does not mean that they were a good fit for NYC climate both sports climate and weather...um remember fluson chandler?

remember the red carpet calderon had laid out for drives to the basket by opposing guards.

yes the ones who have a great work ethic. not the slowest SF on defense, for example.

If you signed AA to play a kobe Role, that person is a complete idiot

IF you signed Calderon to stop opposing PG's, what in the world where you thinking about

IF you signed DWILL to have a pippin type role, you have lost your mind

If you sign Lee to and expected him to avg 15 to 20 shot attempts a game, you forgot to looking as his 9 yr history

Just poor judgment over and over

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

4/26/2017  12:32 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Great point. Now back it up? What was his record before Phil? After? What's record without him? But yeah, your non biased opinion has merit.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
4/26/2017  12:39 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

What does Phil's age have to do with it? Phil never said he was going to be here forever. He said he was brought in to build a foundation for the franchise and he's still building that.

The Media and a lot of fans are preoccupied with the W/L record and not the ultimate goal of building a Title Contender. Just being able to win games isn't the ultimate goal!!! Phil wants a long term foundation of a system that will lead to sustainable winning. This is exactly what the Spurs have. We should all want that.

What does Phil stand for that is wrong? Unselfish Team Ball! Max Effort on Defense! Ball and Player Movement! These are winning principles and he's building towards that. If you watched the team you could see the beginnings of this when the younger players got more time.

contradictive statements.

So you are under the impression that phil is going to build a contender in his last 2 yrs..wow talk about being super duper optimistic

ES
Can't believe almost every player phil traded away is in the playoffs contributing..THANKS PHIL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy