[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can't believe almost every player phil traded away is in the playoffs contributing..THANKS PHIL
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/25/2017  1:48 PM
http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/the-weirdest-most-regrettable-knicks-sightings-in-nba-playoffs/

further proof that if you won't playing like he wants you to, regardless of your talent and skills, you better of playing SOME WHERE ELES.

So if KD, or Curry, or Labron, came in and rebel against the TRIANGLE, he wouldn't think twice of trading them away. He would rather have a guy like baker and Randle, who embrace the triangle (for contract purposes) than a much more talented player who is not for the shanannings triangle.

ES
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/25/2017  1:58 PM
So we start with an article from the Post. Then a sentence later we learn that Phil Jackson would trade KD, Curry, or even Labron for Ron Baker if Baker was a better fit in the shanannings offense. Well that escalated quickly!

Could be a looooong offseason.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

4/25/2017  2:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  2:22 PM
name guys that were traded that ppl didnt want gone?
jose calderon? really this site had him vaunted ? seriously?
b jennings had posts about getting rid of him because he played so inconsistent poor
hardaway jr ppl praised getting grant for him, and then said grant may never develop
jason smith????
hell even jr smith lol iman shumpert still hast develped to what we thought he would be.
now rolo i was sad to see go he played very good next to kp but honestly who else would make a huge difference to the team?
some of those guys were gone before phil came here.
and if curry or lebron or durant were here , they actually lead so the team would be much different
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/25/2017  2:23 PM
It's bigger than Phil - when I look at Zach Randolph beasting every year - I think- wow! If only we could have kept him, added talent to exist along side.

But I think it's a fair point to criticize Phil and point to all the players he basically dumped in his quest to build the perfect triangle- that are performing and playing well.

I'm not saying they would have us in the play offs, but I was happy to keep Lopez & Calderon vs. the disaster known as the Rose Trade & Noah Signing- we'd be closer.

And closer if we let Jeff coach vs. Phil & Rambis.

ESOMKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6064

4/25/2017  2:28 PM
How many of them are starters, or a second/third scoring option that they were supposed to be with the Knicks?Which one of the Knicks' current players would anyone here trade to get one of those ex-Knicks back? I wouldn't trade anyone for them.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/25/2017  2:46 PM
So is Sacramento, or the Lakers fans complaining about players they had that are in the playoffs? Give me a break.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/25/2017  2:49 PM
knicks1248 wrote:http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/the-weirdest-most-regrettable-knicks-sightings-in-nba-playoffs/

further proof that if you won't playing like he wants you to, regardless of your talent and skills, you better of playing SOME WHERE ELES.

So if KD, or Curry, or Labron, came in and rebel against the TRIANGLE, he wouldn't think twice of trading them away. He would rather have a guy like baker and Randle, who embrace the triangle (for contract purposes) than a much more talented player who is not for the shanannings triangle.

Melo is about to be 33 years old dude stop crying. If he was 27-28 it would be different... the Knicks are in a different path. Get over it already.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/25/2017  3:01 PM
We did this lamenting role player bash Phil thing a few days ago.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/25/2017  3:10 PM
This is why the Knicks can't have nice things! LOL! The New York Media is a voracious school of Pirhanas!!! Yes Phil has made a TON of player moves but NONE of those players is the driving force for their new teams.

The Knicks didn't have a LEADER to get the most out of the Role Players. We all know the story behind these players when they were here in NY.

At this point the lesson we all should have learned is that we MUST build this thru the draft more than Free Agency! Phil may not have been a big proponent of the draft before but I bet he is now!!! His best options are with adding young talent. No more Quick Fixes.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/25/2017  3:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  3:50 PM
huh? just because those players are contributing elsewhere in the playoffs does not mean that they were a good fit for NYC climate both sports climate and weather...um remember fluson chandler?

remember the red carpet calderon had laid out for drives to the basket by opposing guards.

how about arron "i am kobe" afflalo

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/25/2017  4:15 PM
Phil gets blasted for getting Jose, then blasted for letting him leave.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/25/2017  4:17 PM
Cartman718 wrote:huh? just because those players are contributing elsewhere in the playoffs does not mean that they were a good fit for NYC climate both sports climate and weather...um remember fluson chandler?

remember the red carpet calderon had laid out for drives to the basket by opposing guards.

how about arron "i am kobe" afflalo

fair point - but I wonder if any player is suited to NYC.

knicks1248
4/25/2017  4:35 PM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/the-weirdest-most-regrettable-knicks-sightings-in-nba-playoffs/

Melo is about to be 33 years old dude stop crying. If he was 27-28 it would be different... the Knicks are in a different path. Get over it already.

Melo is not in the playoffs, unfortunately for him, he's still on a knicks team run by a dick, but im so sure if he's traded, he will be in the finals next yr..

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/25/2017  4:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Melo is not in the playoffs, unfortunately for him, he's still on a knicks team run by a dick, but im so sure if he's traded, he will be in the finals next yr..

Where's Tyson? Quincy? Bargs? Dalembert? Galloway? Ledo? Amare? Prigioni? Shved? Melo?

So you started a thread to show how half the guys Phil traded away are now in the playoffs.. in a league where half the teams go to the playoffs. Genius! You could be POTUS!

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/25/2017  4:56 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Where's Tyson? Quincy? Bargs? Dalembert? Galloway? Ledo? Amare? Prigioni? Shved? Melo?

So you started a thread to show how half the guys Phil traded away are now in the playoffs.. in a league where half the teams go to the playoffs. Genius! You could be POTUS!

I agree with you that this is a non issue but why list a bunch of players cut or not resigned. Only Tyson and Prigs were traded I believe and Prigs was in the playoffs for Houston and LAC before he retired.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/25/2017  4:59 PM
The only real issue I have with Calderon is that they made it seem like it was such a big deal to get him off the books when all it took was two 2nd rders. Rose going back was also an issue but the past is the past
knicks1248
4/25/2017  5:13 PM
nixluva wrote:This is why the Knicks can't have nice things! LOL! The New York Media is a voracious school of Pirhanas!!! Yes Phil has made a TON of player moves but NONE of those players is the driving force for their new teams.

The Knicks didn't have a LEADER to get the most out of the Role Players. We all know the story behind these players when they were here in NY.

At this point the lesson we all should have learned is that we MUST build this thru the draft more than Free Agency! Phil may not have been a big proponent of the draft before but I bet he is now!!! His best options are with adding young talent. No more Quick Fixes.

What quick fixes are you talking about, phil never sign a bunch of over the hill tired FA, In fact he only sign three 3O yr olds since he's been here, Lee, AA, NOAH, everbody has been in their 20's.

That's why you make no sense half the time, because you act like we had the CLIPPERS Roster. Then you act like we have 3 first rnd picks this yr along with 3 second rnd picks.

so when you talk about building through the draft with just 3 picks,(one 1st rnd, and 2 late 2nd round) you sound down right ridiculous..you going to build your team around 2 rnd picks, cmon NIX make some sense.

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/25/2017  5:23 PM
Nalod wrote:Phil gets blasted for getting Jose, then blasted for letting him leave.
He gets blasted for misjudging the player Jose was when he got him and the role he thought he could fill on the team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/25/2017  5:24 PM
franco12 wrote:It's bigger than Phil - when I look at Zach Randolph beasting every year - I think- wow! If only we could have kept him, added talent to exist along side.

But I think it's a fair point to criticize Phil and point to all the players he basically dumped in his quest to build the perfect triangle- that are performing and playing well.

I'm not saying they would have us in the play offs, but I was happy to keep Lopez & Calderon vs. the disaster known as the Rose Trade & Noah Signing- we'd be closer.

And closer if we let Jeff coach vs. Phil & Rambis.

I agree about Zach. At the time he was a Knick there was talk that the Knicks might include the pick that became Gallo to move him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/25/2017  5:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  5:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is why the Knicks can't have nice things! LOL! The New York Media is a voracious school of Pirhanas!!! Yes Phil has made a TON of player moves but NONE of those players is the driving force for their new teams.

What quick fixes are you talking about, phil never sign a bunch of over the hill tired FA, In fact he only sign three 3O yr olds since he's been here, Lee, AA, NOAH, everbody has been in their 20's.

That's why you make no sense half the time, because you act like we had the CLIPPERS Roster. Then you act like we have 3 first rnd picks this yr along with 3 second rnd picks.

so when you talk about building through the draft with just 3 picks,(one 1st rnd, and 2 late 2nd round) you sound down right ridiculous..you going to build your team around 2 rnd picks, cmon NIX make some sense.

You are losing it. Why are you trying to define Quick Fix as 30 yr old players? The point isn't about the age but the attempt to make quick improvement via adding vets. That doesn't mean only 30+ yrs of age!!!

I do in fact make sense MOST of the time. You may not agree with my points but I'm reasonably clear in what I'm saying. The Knicks have tried to build by signing FREE AGENTS! It hasn't worked and now it's time to do something else.

No one is exaggerating around here but YOU! In addition to the picks we have, the idea is to make trades that can bring in picks or younger talent.

What is your alternative to doing this? You and a few others complain but never propose a legitimate alternative!

Can't believe almost every player phil traded away is in the playoffs contributing..THANKS PHIL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy