[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank Jackson--Duke PG
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/25/2017  11:20 AM
He came into the draft to check it out 2 days ago
Id promise him a draft slot and to be paid like a top 20 pick. If we have avenue to move up from 44 that we will.
He wouldve been a top 3 pick preps to pros and a lot to like about him. He is bIG for a point guard 6-3 210 and unlike Malik Monk handles the ball very well/has much better PG characteristics. Hes powerful maybe the best athlete in the draft and oodles of potential. Best off he can play now with his body and jumpshot.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/25/2017  11:32 AM
I like him a lot. Would be a great 2nd round pick. However, he is nowhere near the athlete that Monk is. Not even close.
BRIGGS
4/25/2017  11:53 AM
Knixkik wrote:I like him a lot. Would be a great 2nd round pick. However, he is nowhere near the athlete that Monk is. Not even close.

He beat Malik Monk in the McDonalds Powerade all america dunk contest. He beat every player--he won. Hes 6-3 with a 44 inch vertical--he would easily be the best thlete in the draft.
http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/aag/en/MediaCenter/2016/2016-game-materials/2016-Jamfest-Results.html

Not for nothing but I watch all of these guys all year--Im not going by draftexpress.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/25/2017  11:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  12:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
You add that type of athlete with 40% 3 point shooting an eFG of 567% his ball handling skills his anticipation on defnse with his good size--hes a helluva prospect

Both Brunson(who I like better) and Jackson are 1st round talent--maybe high level --the numbers say they are.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/25/2017  12:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I like him a lot. Would be a great 2nd round pick. However, he is nowhere near the athlete that Monk is. Not even close.

He beat Malik Monk in the McDonalds Powerade all america dunk contest. He beat every player--he won. Hes 6-3 with a 44 inch vertical--he would easily be the best thlete in the draft.
http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/aag/en/MediaCenter/2016/2016-game-materials/2016-Jamfest-Results.html

Not for nothing but I watch all of these guys all year--Im not going by draftexpress.

Yes we know you watch them all and by the time the draft comes around you'll of made a thread about half of them and how we should draft them in this draft...lol

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/25/2017  12:19 PM
There is always a Catch-22, Briggs...if the guy is as good as you think he is that means there are scouts who are much more aware of what he can do than you are, and if he is anything like you think he is, he will be gobbled up before we can get him.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/25/2017  12:39 PM
Phil claimed he is going to target IQ over athletics. So any prospect brought first and foremost should be known for their IQ and intangibles. Or people will be setting themselves up for disappointment.

I don't know anything about this prospect. Just throwing it out there.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/25/2017  12:44 PM
BRIGGS wrote:He came into the draft to check it out 2 days ago
Id promise him a draft slot and to be paid like a top 20 pick. If we have avenue to move up from 44 that we will.
He wouldve been a top 3 pick preps to pros and a lot to like about him. He is bIG for a point guard 6-3 210 and unlike Malik Monk handles the ball very well/has much better PG characteristics. Hes powerful maybe the best athlete in the draft and oodles of potential. Best off he can play now with his body and jumpshot.

I like Jackson - think he's a legit NBA PG.

Monk unlike Jackson is the premier perimeter scorer in this draft.

Knixkik
USA
4/25/2017  12:46 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I have watched plenty of them both. Jackson could have a higher vertical, i don't know, but having watched them both, Monk is much quicker and more explosive.

BRIGGS
4/25/2017  1:08 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:There is always a Catch-22, Briggs...if the guy is as good as you think he is that means there are scouts who are much more aware of what he can do than you are, and if he is anything like you think he is, he will be gobbled up before we can get him.

It would be nice to get Frank N and Jackson in the same floor and going skill for skill 1 on 1 and athletic testing. Franks is 2 inches taller and has length on him. But Frank will show as 3X the shooter a higher rim finisher better ballhandler will surprise on the D because of his weight ans strength
This is a guy who shot eFG 57% at Duke with a low TO rate. He makes a lot of good plays. If someone was saying who could be a Curry from this draft--it isnt Monk or Frank and Im not sure its either of the tops guys who have different type sof games.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/25/2017  1:11 PM
LivingLegend wrote:

Monk is more of a 2 Jackson more of a 1 jmho. Im not taking away anything from MOnk--but I think hes more Monta Ellis(upside) thats a good player--but is that a winning player?

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/25/2017  1:24 PM
I've seen this kid before... what's his story? Like why didn't he play?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/25/2017  2:30 PM

I had too Google him. I totally forgot about this guy. He's a beast... he might work himself into the lottery between the combine and the workouts

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
USA
4/25/2017  2:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  2:46 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Monk is more of a 2 Jackson more of a 1 jmho. Im not taking away anything from MOnk--but I think hes more Monta Ellis(upside) thats a good player--but is that a winning player?

Ellis is not a good 3pt shooter. Monk is an elite 3pt shooter. Monk is more of a McCollum/Gordon type. (upside being McCollum-level, downside is Gordon-level)

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/25/2017  4:06 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Ellis is not a good 3pt shooter. Monk is an elite 3pt shooter. Monk is more of a McCollum/Gordon type. (upside being McCollum-level, downside is Gordon-level)

I have no problem with grabbing a kid like Jackson. The Knicks need so much talent that I'm hoping they can maximize all 3 picks with good players. Every year guys fall thru the cracks so the Knicks scouts have serious work to do!

In the past the Knicks didn't put enough work into scouting but I think they've improved and this draft is like Christmas for our scouts.

BRIGGS
4/25/2017  9:31 PM
He came in at 45 on DX early entry lost--almost perfect for our 2nd rounder. If we can swap up 5-10 spots--I think it would be a good choice. That is a high value if we can get that done. Hes a higher prospect than 45.
RIP Crushalot😞
Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/25/2017  11:11 PM
LMAO...this kid is going to have a great career in the NBDL. smh
BRIGGS
4/26/2017  5:36 PM
Shows Jackson finishing against Issac and a very tall athletic Fl State team. His body type speed and burst is made for the nBA. Jackson who is reported at over 210 pounds and 6-3 yet has the quick burst and length to be an above the rim finishing. He has the ball handling the 3 point shot separation ability that differentiates pro players. Hes a value pick--he was co MVP of the MCD game and his 40 min numbers are right up there with any of the young top guys. His value lays in the ability to NOT use 1 early pick on him. In this video you can also see just how skinny Issac is.

RIP Crushalot😞
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

4/27/2017  5:03 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Shows Jackson finishing against Issac and a very tall athletic Fl State team. His body type speed and burst is made for the nBA. Jackson who is reported at over 210 pounds and 6-3 yet has the quick burst and length to be an above the rim finishing. He has the ball handling the 3 point shot separation ability that differentiates pro players. Hes a value pick--he was co MVP of the MCD game and his 40 min numbers are right up there with any of the young top guys. His value lays in the ability to NOT use 1 early pick on him. In this video you can also see just how skinny Issac is.

It's called "recency bias"

Larry Brown had it. LeBron James can't seem to avoid it. Michael Jordan also has a good fat dose of it.

You can't just look at a players recent stretch, you have to look at a player across time and also how his trade offs will play out at the next level. Jackson has a good jump shot. Good footwork and good shooting mechanics. Dude has poor shot selection and a questionable handle at the next level. He does have a nice baseline tool set, but he's pretty raw. And if he hasn't signed an agent yet, this might all be moot and he might just go back to school. Could he excel as a tweener/gunner? Maybe. A lot of the shots he's getting now/getting off now won't be the same at the next level. I question his general court vision and his BBIQ might be a shade off for a guy tasked with being a distributor. Some guys aren't being coached, some guys can't be coached, there's a difference, Jackson gives me the inkling he's more of the latter.

He is an interesting prospect. That being said, there is a reason teams aren't clamoring for him right now. Personally, and while I agree with Jalen Rose's view on whether players should stay or go in college, I think he could use more development at the college level.

If he's drafted, he's better off going to a team that will let him develop on the third unit at a reasonable pace, he won't get that luxury with the Knicks.

BRIGGS
4/27/2017  11:46 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Shows Jackson finishing against Issac and a very tall athletic Fl State team. His body type speed and burst is made for the nBA. Jackson who is reported at over 210 pounds and 6-3 yet has the quick burst and length to be an above the rim finishing. He has the ball handling the 3 point shot separation ability that differentiates pro players. Hes a value pick--he was co MVP of the MCD game and his 40 min numbers are right up there with any of the young top guys. His value lays in the ability to NOT use 1 early pick on him. In this video you can also see just how skinny Issac is.

It's called "recency bias"

Larry Brown had it. LeBron James can't seem to avoid it. Michael Jordan also has a good fat dose of it.

You can't just look at a players recent stretch, you have to look at a player across time and also how his trade offs will play out at the next level. Jackson has a good jump shot. Good footwork and good shooting mechanics. Dude has poor shot selection and a questionable handle at the next level. He does have a nice baseline tool set, but he's pretty raw. And if he hasn't signed an agent yet, this might all be moot and he might just go back to school. Could he excel as a tweener/gunner? Maybe. A lot of the shots he's getting now/getting off now won't be the same at the next level. I question his general court vision and his BBIQ might be a shade off for a guy tasked with being a distributor. Some guys aren't being coached, some guys can't be coached, there's a difference, Jackson gives me the inkling he's more of the latter.

He is an interesting prospect. That being said, there is a reason teams aren't clamoring for him right now. Personally, and while I agree with Jalen Rose's view on whether players should stay or go in college, I think he could use more development at the college level.

If he's drafted, he's better off going to a team that will let him develop on the third unit at a reasonable pace, he won't get that luxury with the Knicks.

I'm nervous about pick 7 but I'm hopeful that we may end up with multiple low 1s early 2s and that is where the Knicks need serious execution. I like Jackson picks 20-35 because he has a lot if Nba gifts. He's got the body the athletiscm the jumpshot he played in a good passing system he can handle the ball. He's all there

RIP Crushalot😞
Frank Jackson--Duke PG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy