[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

John Issacs too awkward with KP in same line up
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2017  2:30 PM
Im not sure wht the Knicks gameplan is--but in todays modern NBA you cant have 3 near 7 footers at 3-4-5--the team would be to slow and not flexible to contend with smaller faster teams.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
4/24/2017  2:38 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Im not sure wht the Knicks gameplan is--but in todays modern NBA you cant have 3 near 7 footers at 3-4-5--the team would be to slow and not flexible to contend with smaller faster teams.

Let me caveat by saying thats with KP and Willy starting. It would be ok if we used a smaller player like Carmelo as a 3-4 and one of those two at C.

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/24/2017  3:52 PM
I don't know if Isaac is athletic like Greek freak or a shooter like Durant he would fit in nicely. Even if he is like Horry he would fit in.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/24/2017  3:57 PM
I'd look to put KP at the 5, Isaac at the 4, Willy off the bench. I think Isaac could play next to KP or Willy. Less convinced Willy and KP should be playing side by side, other than for short spurts.

I think it's probably a moot point though, I don't see Isaac slipping past the Timberwolves. He'd be perfect to slide in between Towns and Wiggins on their frontline.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/24/2017  4:13 PM
Vmart wrote:I don't know if Isaac is athletic like Greek freak or a shooter like Durant he would fit in nicely. Even if he is like Horry he would fit in.

True. I guess Tatum or Issacs makes most sense--but wed have to change the line up a bit--bring one of the bigger 3 off the bench.

Frank Jackson just came out. Id rather get my guards in the late 1 and 2. Jackson #s size and athletic ability compare to anyone after 3 in the draft. If we have a pick potentially coming to us from Melo--or if we can move up into the high 30's we should get him to stay in.

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/24/2017  4:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:I don't know if Isaac is athletic like Greek freak or a shooter like Durant he would fit in nicely. Even if he is like Horry he would fit in.

True. I guess Tatum or Issacs makes most sense--but wed have to change the line up a bit--bring one of the bigger 3 off the bench.

Frank Jackson just came out. Id rather get my guards in the late 1 and 2. Jackson #s size and athletic ability compare to anyone after 3 in the draft. If we have a pick potentially coming to us from Melo--or if we can move up into the high 30's we should get him to stay in.

Frank Johnson is coming out he would be a good pick in second round. With that said Hart is still the guy I'm targeting in the second round. I think the Knicks can create a core fast.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/24/2017  4:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im not sure wht the Knicks gameplan is--but in todays modern NBA you cant have 3 near 7 footers at 3-4-5--the team would be to slow and not flexible to contend with smaller faster teams.

Let me caveat by saying thats with KP and Willy starting. It would be ok if we used a smaller player like Carmelo as a 3-4 and one of those two at C.

The thing is that Willy and KP are not actually slow. They are QUICK for their size. It's just not good for them to have to cover for our perimeter guys so much. When we have Baker, LT and Holiday in there the team is able to defend just fine with Willy in there. I don't think Isaac would be a problem playing SF with Willy and KP. It depends on who you have at PG and SG. Are they able move with enough lateral quickness and range.

Perfect example was how Memphis was able to play with Zbo and Gasol. Sure if you have legit rangy defenders on the wings and a PG that can stay in front of his man. Also it depends on the rotations. I don't think Isaac is really a PF yet but he gives you a lot of flexibility.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/24/2017  5:59 PM
crzymdups wrote:I'd look to put KP at the 5, Isaac at the 4, Willy off the bench. I think Isaac could play next to KP or Willy. Less convinced Willy and KP should be playing side by side, other than for short spurts.

I think it's probably a moot point though, I don't see Isaac slipping past the Timberwolves. He'd be perfect to slide in between Towns and Wiggins on their frontline.

Isaac will have the same weight issues that KP had. I see him as a 3 at this point. Watch some of the clips of his lateral movement...guy has quick feet. Think Prince from Detroit or Durant as a SF...this is what you are looking at with Isaac right now.

He is simply not physical enough to play PF at this point. If you think KP needs muscle, so does Issac. He does look like he can add some weight-seems to have shoulders which can hold the added muscle.

If he comes in at 220/225 I'd might change my opinion on PF, but if you watch clips of him he has trouble finishing with contact.

If you had KP and Isaac at the 5 and 4 you would have a lot of trouble rebounding, I would think.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

4/24/2017  6:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2017  6:06 PM

Agree. You would have to play KP at 5. Which has yet to take place. Hopefully we pick the best player available. Regardless of what position needs to be filled. Think there are a few traps in the draft.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/24/2017  6:40 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I'd look to put KP at the 5, Isaac at the 4, Willy off the bench. I think Isaac could play next to KP or Willy. Less convinced Willy and KP should be playing side by side, other than for short spurts.

Isaac will have the same weight issues that KP had. I see him as a 3 at this point. Watch some of the clips of his lateral movement...guy has quick feet. Think Prince from Detroit or Durant as a SF...this is what you are looking at with Isaac right now.

He is simply not physical enough to play PF at this point. If you think KP needs muscle, so does Issac. He does look like he can add some weight-seems to have shoulders which can hold the added muscle.

If he comes in at 220/225 I'd might change my opinion on PF, but if you watch clips of him he has trouble finishing with contact.

If you had KP and Isaac at the 5 and 4 you would have a lot of trouble rebounding, I would think.

I think he is already 220/225 lbs but right now I see him as a Rashard Lewis/Gallanri/Parsons type. I watched Parsons play the 4 as a freshman and Isaac looked way better. If he can improve his handle like those other guys he could be a borderline all star as long as his defensive skills translate too. Now if he can improve his handle more and become a high usg/high efficient player then he will start to enter the Giannis and Durant level

Prince is another great comparison. Nice Walt. bravo.

WaltLongmire

4/24/2017  8:52 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

I think he is already 220/225 lbs but right now I see him as a Rashard Lewis/Gallanri/Parsons type. I watched Parsons play the 4 as a freshman and Isaac looked way better. If he can improve his handle like those other guys he could be a borderline all star as long as his defensive skills translate too. Now if he can improve his handle more and become a high usg/high efficient player then he will start to enter the Giannis and Durant level

Thnx...Prince was easy because of his body, but I actually think Isaac has more potential, for whatever that means these days.

Draft Express has him at 205...but who knows...you figure his people have talked to him about gaining weight. Not impossible that he grows into a 4 like we think KP will fill out into a 5...just never know of this type of thing.

At 6 we would probably have the option to take him or whomever...I'm still smarting over that final win and coin toss loss.

If Isaac can play at the 3, he can be a pretty freaky player. Not the greatest post player yet, because I think he had a late growth spurt and he was "raised" as a guard as a guard, but he could be a match-up nightmare if he can defend at the 3.

Should get a good player if we stay at 7, whatever happens...we will see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
yellowboy90

4/24/2017  9:37 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Thnx...Prince was easy because of his body, but I actually think Isaac has more potential, for whatever that means these days.

Draft Express has him at 205...but who knows...you figure his people have talked to him about gaining weight. Not impossible that he grows into a 4 like we think KP will fill out into a 5...just never know of this type of thing.

At 6 we would probably have the option to take him or whomever...I'm still smarting over that final win and coin toss loss.

If Isaac can play at the 3, he can be a pretty freaky player. Not the greatest post player yet, because I think he had a late growth spurt and he was "raised" as a guard as a guard, but he could be a match-up nightmare if he can defend at the 3.

I hope he is a 3 because if he is then wow. Now if he is a 4 then I think he will have the ability to really defend multiple positions because of his hip flexion and overall agility.

The real issue will be can he learn to keep a tight dribble while using long strides. That's what makes Durant, Giannis, Lebron, and Kawhai so great on the break. If I was a young wing player I would try to train with Kawahi Leonard in the summers.

WaltLongmire

4/25/2017  2:46 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

I hope he is a 3 because if he is then wow. Now if he is a 4 then I think he will have the ability to really defend multiple positions because of his hip flexion and overall agility.

The real issue will be can he learn to keep a tight dribble while using long strides. That's what makes Durant, Giannis, Lebron, and Kawhai so great on the break. If I was a young wing player I would try to train with Kawahi Leonard in the summers.

LOL..I almost don't want to think too much about him since he is such a fringe possibility for the Knicks at #7.

You really need a sleeper to move into the top 6 for Isaac to fall...

Of the 3 players I originally listed as guys I wanted...Ntilikina seems much more likely at this moment.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/25/2017  3:25 AM
I think if the Twolves don't trade their pick for vaet, then they likely will draft him. If he was available I think Phil would be interested as he matches what he said he was interested in- skilled, two way, team orientated player who isn't obsessed with scoring.
yellowboy90

4/25/2017  3:44 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

LOL..I almost don't want to think too much about him since he is such a fringe possibility for the Knicks at #7.

You really need a sleeper to move into the top 6 for Isaac to fall...

Of the 3 players I originally listed as guys I wanted...Ntilikina seems much more likely at this moment.

What the Knicks need to have happen is the Sixers draft Monk for his shooting, have Orlando draft Fox, and hope Thibs think Tatum is Luol Deng, they also need Phil and co to rank Isaac over Frank and DSjr. Part of me also hope that Phil won't go rogue and draft Markkanen to show Kristaps that he doesn't need him.

wargames
Member: #6053

4/25/2017  4:27 AM
My biggest concern with Isaacs is he is another PF. Right now the Knicks two best players Melo and KP are PF. Getting Isaacs means that if he develops into the PF he looks most likely to become it could be the same situation with KP and Isaacs. Possibly even worse if Melo is here next year.

Knicks need to draft a guard.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/25/2017  5:43 AM

I agree with you, its a bad idea. Thats why falling any picks in this draft was a terrible outcome

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
John Issacs too awkward with KP in same line up

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy