[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Heres another interesting PG who was a 50-40-80 player with good defense and size
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/21/2017  11:20 AM
Not the level of what I felt Brunson was--hes not on any draft lists but hes a long athletic 6-5 PG who played very well this year. I dont think hes overly quick but hes a nice athlete from the 1 and makes sense for the Knicks as a triangle PG.

athletic ability

skill--you can see hes a nice jump shooter and has the size to see over the defense. Good defensive player as well. Doesnt have jets but moves well.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
4/21/2017  3:37 PM
This guy right here is a better pro PG prospect for the KNICKS and there system than Monk. This is a player who at 6-5 can get into passing lanes with long arms follow the principles of the triangle make open shots find the open man not turn the ball over. The first video shows what kind of athlete he can be. 80+ FT 40% 3 51% two avaregd 1.5 BLOCKS 1.5 steals had 5 or more rebounds and assists 16 and 18 times. Look how he handles the ball--hes a better ball handler than Monk.
And while Monk finished the season flaming out White averaged 28-6-6-2-1 his last 3 games one against Arizona which has some of the bets defensive guards in the nation. Im not saying White is a better pro prospect--although he may be--but he is better for the KNICKS and the style of play they want to run. This is more Ron Harper Monk is more Monta Ellis(at best)
RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/21/2017  3:43 PM
Not bad! I can see Phil being interested in a Guard like White. He's got the size and overall skill Phil usually wants. Looks under control even when he's aggressive. I don't recall seeing his name on any draft boards. Is he entering the draft?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/21/2017  4:00 PM
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/21/2017  5:44 PM
He was at Portsmouth...We will have seen him.

Averaged

15PPG

3.7 APG

3.7 RPG

FG% only 38%.......10/11 from the line.........7/21 from 3

6'3" with no shoes...6'7.5" wingspan...34 non-step vertical

His agility speed compared to guys his size was terrible, by the way.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/2017/Portsmouth/all/all/2

https://media.wix.com/ugd/9dbc28_fc72a663cad14c44bbb13db5352e8324.pdf

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
4/21/2017  6:39 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:He was at Portsmouth...We will have seen him.

Averaged

15PPG

3.7 APG

3.7 RPG

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/2017/Portsmouth/all/all/2

The guy shot 57% from 2 with an efg of 60 from the pg position and averaged 1.5 blocks 1.5steals and supposedly has a 40 inch vertical.I agree that he does not look like a super agile athlete but his fundamental defense must be awesome to average that many block shots from the 1 guard. He played in a very high level league with some of the best guards ball fultz eyc and he was 18-4.5-4.5 1.5-1.5. So at 6-4 200 thTs a good 2 nd round pick

I know about the pit. Apparently Amida brimah played like Hakeem 🙀 I'd prefer to look at the body of work. 1 bad game at pit and your shooting % is shot right?

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
4/21/2017  6:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Averaged

15PPG

3.7 APG

3.7 RPG

The guy shot 57% from 2 with an efg of 60 from the pg position and averaged 1.5 blocks 1.5steals and supposedly has a 40 inch vertical.I agree that he does not look like a super agile athlete but his fundamental defense must be awesome to average that many block shots from the 1 guard. He played in a very high level league with some of the best guards ball fultz eyc and he was 18-4.5-4.5 1.5-1.5. So at 6-4 200 thTs a good 2 nd round pick

I know about the pit. Apparently Amida brimah played like Hakeem 🙀 I'd prefer to look at the body of work. 1 bad game at pit and your shooting % is shot right?

I wouldn't worry. Real scouts can tell if you're missing cuz you can't shoot or if it's just a bad night but your form is good. Obviously they also have access to all the info and video they need. The Knicks scouts will be looking for BBIQ, NBA Skills and defense.

BRIGGS
4/21/2017  6:52 PM
Actually looking at the athletic test of Ronny baker and white and white is off the charts better. At 6-4 he would've been the only athlete in last years draft with a + 40 vertical. I have to assume this is why he has gaudy defensive and 2 p% numbers
RIP Crushalot😞
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/21/2017  7:03 PM
I see Canyon Barry tested well at Portsmouth.

-Canyon Barry, who had just one dunk this season, posted a remarkable no-step vertical leap of 38 ½ inches, while also posting impressive speed and agility numbers, with an event best 3.11 second ¾ court sprint time. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/portsmouth-invitational-tournament-measurements-and-athletic-testing-5898/ ©DraftExpress

The only problem is that I never so those numbers translate on the floor. He played well for the Gators before his injury but I never saw a supreme athlete.

However, how could Phil pass up this...

yellowboy90

4/21/2017  7:09 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Actually looking at the athletic test of Ronny baker and white and white is off the charts better. At 6-4 he would've been the only athlete in last years draft with a + 40 vertical. I have to assume this is why he has gaudy defensive and 2 p% numbers

Where do you see a +40 vertical. Also, comparing measurements isn't every thing look up Brogdon's measurements and testing.

nixluva
USA
4/21/2017  7:40 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I see Canyon Barry tested well at Portsmouth.

-Canyon Barry, who had just one dunk this season, posted a remarkable no-step vertical leap of 38 ½ inches, while also posting impressive speed and agility numbers, with an event best 3.11 second ¾ court sprint time. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/portsmouth-invitational-tournament-measurements-and-athletic-testing-5898/ ©DraftExpress

The only problem is that I never so those numbers translate on the floor. He played well for the Gators before his injury but I never saw a supreme athlete.

Thx for posting that. It was really cool. Barry seems to have a great relationship with his son and it reminds me of me and my sons. We have so much in common and spent a lot of time together as they were growing up and now that they have their own families it's a good feeling to see them doing well.

yellowboy90

4/21/2017  9:12 PM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I see Canyon Barry tested well at Portsmouth.

Thx for posting that. It was really cool. Barry seems to have a great relationship with his son and it reminds me of me and my sons. We have so much in common and spent a lot of time together as they were growing up and now that they have their own families it's a good feeling to see them doing well.

awesome. That's great

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/21/2017  9:16 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Averaged

15PPG

3.7 APG

3.7 RPG

Presented the stats with NO comment, Briggs, except for his agility test, which stood out.

Not sure why you would be touchy here...made no judgement on him as a player...just indicated that he was at Portsmouth, a favorite hangout. Not even sure the tournament is over yet.

You working with his agent?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
4/21/2017  10:31 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Actually looking at the athletic test of Ronny baker and white and white is off the charts better. At 6-4 he would've been the only athlete in last years draft with a + 40 vertical. I have to assume this is why he has gaudy defensive and 2 p% numbers

Where do you see a +40 vertical. Also, comparing measurements isn't every thing look up Brogdon's measurements and testing.

Agree but If you can get a skill player and add in the athletic ability it's more enticing. I'm big on production. I like his numbers in a good league. You like the 50-40-80 against high level competition. You like the gaudy defensive numbers that he can play pg at 6-4 . You can see the good form in his J you like the ability to make plays with the ball. This is an excellent 2 nd prospec especially when we own a middle and late

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/21/2017  11:10 PM
Genuine question: this is a 6'5" PG who is 50-40-80 with good defense and yet he is not on Draftnet or DraftExpress in their mocks as getting drafted.

There must be more of a flaw than just "no overly quick".

What gives?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
4/21/2017  11:22 PM
martin wrote:Genuine question: this is a 6'5" PG who is 50-40-80 with good defense and yet he is not on Draftnet or DraftExpress in their mocks as getting drafted.

What gives?

Martin-- underclass men and foreign players make up a majority of the 60 draft slots. Many seniors are often discounted. How many seniors on average get drafted in rd 1-- only a few. I looked at a lot of PGs that are not listed and I came away believing Brunson was an easy choice as first rd draft pick and this guy is easily a mid 2. The best player in the draft last year was pick 36 and a senior

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/21/2017  11:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:Genuine question: this is a 6'5" PG who is 50-40-80 with good defense and yet he is not on Draftnet or DraftExpress in their mocks as getting drafted.

What gives?

Martin-- underclass men and foreign players make up a majority of the 60 draft slots. Many seniors are often discounted. How many seniors on average get drafted in rd 1-- only a few. I looked at a lot of PGs that are not listed and I came away believing Brunson was an easy choice as first rd draft pick and this guy is easily a mid 2. The best player in the draft last year was pick 36 and a senior

he's a senior? that's it?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
4/21/2017  11:56 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

What gives?

he's a senior? that's it?

Martin look at drftnet. Only 1 senior(30th)listed rd1 only 2 juniors. 3 players all late picks too.
Thats why the draft is tough business. You're relying on 19 year olds to change your franchise

I feel good that J Tatum could have a materially effect but Frank N? He's going to be a wait that is going to hurt. Hes not physically mature enough yet for the N B A imho

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/12/2017  1:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2017  3:14 AM
This guy was one of the most impressive players that I saw today. He's long athletic and skilled. This guy is this years Malcolm Brogdon--I bet my lunch money on it. Hes ready to play now--he can playmake shoot and hes far advanced defensively over many of these guys. Hes a 6-4+ athletic point guard who plays both ends. He might just be flyin into late rd 1--although the senioritis will play against him.

Also watch "Jordan Bell" and the Knicks. I know that Phil Jackson doesnt like undersized but this guy is unique. From what I saw today--knowing some of the things we need--I have to imagine have--HAVE to that Jordan Bell is on the Knicks top 25 prospects list. I think from what I saw if he was there at 44 I think for this team---I would take him. Him or White. You know its easy to say ah you like this guy that guy--but it comes down to final decisions. This is not final decision as there is a month to go information to gather--but this outline is where I am at. Unless there is slippage and even so--Im not sure any of these two will be there at 44. I expect Bell to rise on mock drafts. This guy is kind of like a young Noah to be honest.

but right now Im squarely with pick 44

Jordan Bell 1a Derrick White 1 B but close.

DEPENDING on pick 44 then we have Tyler Dorsey(who was also VERY good today) and Deonte Burton--its POSSIBLE Dorsey could be a Knick #44 pick if some other guys are gonzo

I WILL NOT be surprised if Bell goes top 25 and White top 30.

Were a team that can carry an undersized C because we have two over-sized PF. The synergy might be nice. If Bell can show he can rebound like he did in the NCAA tourney--hes going rd 1 because he has the defense down.

Also Im going to kick in Frank Jackson name again--because he was the youngest guy out there and was one of the top 5 guys. He showed a PG today. Hes a sleeper and he measured very well at 6-3 with a + wingspan 202. He might might might be a guy who can project to possibly being better than some of the "lottery picks". When you give it thought Jackson is 202 pounds Fox is 170 and Jackson is the better shooter. He doesnt have the body control and game explosion that Fox has--but that 32 pounds with the long arms+ shgot is serious.

Im almost thinking that a scenario for the KNicks if we dont get lottery help is to "consider" trading our 7 for Portland 3 picks. I wonder if this team needs 3 first rd talents rather than 1.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/12/2017  11:56 AM
I'm in agreements with White and Bell.... the more I think about it the more I want Portland's picks.... theres quite a few guys in this draft I love that are projected to go in the end of the first and in the second round.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Heres another interesting PG who was a 50-40-80 player with good defense and size

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy