[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ron Baker answered some questions over at Reddit about a week ago
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/20/2017  11:07 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/comments/64l5yj/im_ron_baker_excited_to_be_here_ama/
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/21/2017  7:30 AM
This had me cracking...

WillConway2016 • 10d
Hey Ron Baker

Over the course of this season, who has become your closest friend(s) on the team?

Rdbaker123 • 10d
Ive gotten closer and closer with all my teammates. I get along with them all. Lance, Billy, Marshall, Melo & KO

Lamentably • 10d
but you didn't list them all........................KNICKS LOCKER ROOM IN SHAMBLES??? @NYPost

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/21/2017  8:30 AM
Favorite shape?
He says:Rectangle!!

LOL

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/21/2017  10:46 AM
Those guys at reddit are hilarious

WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

4/21/2017  12:04 PM
Said that among other things he is working on his shooting.

Clever and intelligent responses from Baker, and he knows how to be diplomatic.

If he had played on a regular basis the entire season I think he would join Willy as an All-Rookie selection- probably 2nd Team.

I probably think more of him than some, but I think he will be a perfect 15-20MPG rotation player & spot starter in the NBA.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/21/2017  1:34 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Said that among other things he is working on his shooting.

If he had played on a regular basis the entire season I think he would join Willy as an All-Rookie selection- probably 2nd Team.

I probably think more of him than some, but I think he will be a perfect 15-20MPG rotation player & spot starter in the NBA.

Well I will say this, If Brandon Jennings could continue to get playing time while shooting under 40% then it would have been best to give that time to Baker.

WaltLongmire

4/21/2017  2:36 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Said that among other things he is working on his shooting.

Well I will say this, If Brandon Jennings could continue to get playing time while shooting under 40% then it would have been best to give that time to Baker.

Triangle politics...and D.

They clearly saw Baker doing things as a defender when he did play, and I expect they saw his ability to distribute during practices.

Was surprised by his ability to find open men.

Jackson's decision to focus on the Triangle sealed the deal...Jennings was sent packing and Baker got more play.

I think Baker will be a better shooter next year-needs to be in that 38-40% range from 3, and look for some midrange J's, which I believe he can hit.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/22/2017  8:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2017  8:44 AM
If we want to be any good on D next year guys like Ron Baker and Lance Thomas are musts in a 25 minute a night role. I'm not even kidding Lance is our best forward/wing defender by far and Ron the best guard defender. They give off an infectious tougher defensive mentality.

I'm even open to starting them next to Willy, KP and an attacking guard like Monk, who IMO if Isaac, Fox, Fultz, Jackson, Ball are all off the board may be the BPA.

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Thomas
Monk
Baker

Trade Melo for a draft pick, cap space and bench depth.
Let Rose walk.

You develop KP, Willy, Baker, Monk. You draft top 5-7 again next year unless KP becomes a superstar next year. Win-win.

yellowboy90

4/23/2017  2:28 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:If we want to be any good on D next year guys like Ron Baker and Lance Thomas are musts in a 25 minute a night role. I'm not even kidding Lance is our best forward/wing defender by far and Ron the best guard defender. They give off an infectious tougher defensive mentality.

I'm even open to starting them next to Willy, KP and an attacking guard like Monk, who IMO if Isaac, Fox, Fultz, Jackson, Ball are all off the board may be the BPA.

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Thomas
Monk
Baker

Let Rose walk.

You develop KP, Willy, Baker, Monk. You draft top 5-7 again next year unless KP becomes a superstar next year. Win-win.

No offense but that is a luka Doncic type line up and I fear Monk becoming a Jordan Clarkson type guard. Unless Baker falls into some radioactive waste I don't see him being a quality starter.

I also fear that that type of line up will lead to more bad habits from kp and if he becomes the lead guy on offense at the 4 you will see his defense continue to slip as he tries to save energy.

WaltLongmire

4/23/2017  2:50 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:If we want to be any good on D next year guys like Ron Baker and Lance Thomas are musts in a 25 minute a night role. I'm not even kidding Lance is our best forward/wing defender by far and Ron the best guard defender. They give off an infectious tougher defensive mentality.

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Thomas
Monk
Baker

Let Rose walk.

No offense but that is a luka Doncic type line up and I fear Monk becoming a Jordan Clarkson type guard. Unless Baker falls into some radioactive waste I don't see him being a quality starter.

I also fear that that type of line up will lead to more bad habits from kp and if he becomes the lead guy on offense at the 4 you will see his defense continue to slip as he tries to save energy.

I actually believe that if we do play a Triangle like offense, KP will be better off.

Has to get stronger, of course, but for me his future on offense is from 5-17 feet, with 3/4 3s/game.

Don't want him over-dribbling, unless he's on the perimeter guarded by a 5.

Quick decisions with the ball...fewer crossovers.

And I want so see an Alcinder sky-hook.

yellowboy90

4/23/2017  4:03 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Hernangomez
Porzingis
Thomas
Monk
Baker

Let Rose walk.

I actually believe that if we do play a Triangle like offense, KP will be better off.

Has to get stronger, of course, but for me his future on offense is from 5-17 feet, with 3/4 3s/game.

Don't want him over-dribbling, unless he's on the perimeter guarded by a 5.

Quick decisions with the ball...fewer crossovers.

And I want so see an Alcinder sky-hook.

I see him at the 5 getting 4-6 easy opportunities in the PnR that's going to increase his efficiency and hopefully improve his passing too. If I was him I would watch how the Blazers used Plumlee/Nurkic and how Green attacks the 4 on 3 situations when the big defender over helps and the guard passes it back to Green.

Ron Baker answered some questions over at Reddit about a week ago

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy