Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/20/2017  7:04 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
dacash wrote:nobody starts off at an ideal weight , they are either too heavy or too light

It's beyond mind boggling that someone who constantly posts about the draft does not seem to grasp this.

I think it's beyond mind boggling that some of you think weight is as big an issue as some say. You can be skinny and still be a good player in the NBA especially if you play either guard position.

Sure but Ill take my chances with the bigger player. How many great skinny players right now?

Skinny... long agile players are the future. Anthony Bonner.. Anthony Mason types is in the past along with hand checking.

Watch Ntilikina play...he can play both guard positions...and his J looks very good, IMO. Not an elite athlete, but a very good one.

Don't discount his versatility...I think he can be more than a PG as he fills out, and he has the size and wingspan to easily play at the #2 and even, in the future, against some 3s.

Just saying.

If we stay at 7 we get a good player...Period.

I think he looks like Crawford with less handle

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

4/20/2017  7:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
dacash wrote:nobody starts off at an ideal weight , they are either too heavy or too light

It's beyond mind boggling that someone who constantly posts about the draft does not seem to grasp this.

I think it's beyond mind boggling that some of you think weight is as big an issue as some say. You can be skinny and still be a good player in the NBA especially if you play either guard position.

Sure but Ill take my chances with the bigger player. How many great skinny players right now?

Skinny... long agile players are the future. Anthony Bonner.. Anthony Mason types is in the past along with hand checking.

Watch Ntilikina play...he can play both guard positions...and his J looks very good, IMO. Not an elite athlete, but a very good one.

Don't discount his versatility...I think he can be more than a PG as he fills out, and he has the size and wingspan to easily play at the #2 and even, in the future, against some 3s.

Just saying.

Has enough of a handle to get the job done and he is young.

He has played off guard before, where he does not need as much of a handle.

He will fill out...Jrue Holiday was pretty skinny when he came out, and he developed.

Let's wait to see how he works out for us. I can find holes in the games of many of the players we might have a chance to take at 7, Briggs.

There is NO perfect player in the draft, I would expect. You do understand this

I've said I'd take Fox, Frank, and Isaac...have looked a bit at Tatum, who seemed smaller than I thought when I saw him play against Isaac, and know he is more of an ISO player.

Everyone has a weakness.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/20/2017  11:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2017  11:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Lonzo Ball is thick?

I mean come on Briggs we are talking about 18/19 year old guards / wings. Ball, Fox, Monk, Frank, Tatum, Isaac are all thin but they are all ballers. Look at Steph, look at Westbrook coming out of UCLA, Durant, Gervin, KP, Garnett .....we could do this for days.

LivingLegend

4/20/2017  11:30 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Just saying.

Scares me a bit -- in all of his highlights he really only flashes outstanding quick/twitch athleticism 1 or 2 times -- then you have a cat like Monk that flashes every few times down the court -- even in 1/2 court.

Not knocking Frank but the top end NBA athleticism does not flash / stand out on tape like guys like Jackson, Fox, Monk, DSJ.

Hopefully if we go with he is a stud but I think he may end up at SG and if he does his upside may not be as high or he could be a tweener.

LivingLegend

4/20/2017  11:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Just saying.

Crawford was much more electric all around but he lacked discipline that Frank may have.

Frank kind of reminds me of guys like Vern Flemming (Pacers) and Nate McMillan (Sonics) but hopefully with more offensive upside down the road.

WaltLongmire

4/21/2017  2:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2017  12:41 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Just saying.

Scares me a bit -- in all of his highlights he really only flashes outstanding quick/twitch athleticism 1 or 2 times -- then you have a cat like Monk that flashes every few times down the court -- even in 1/2 court.

Not knocking Frank but the top end NBA athleticism does not flash / stand out on tape like guys like Jackson, Fox, Monk, DSJ.

Hopefully if we go with he is a stud but I think he may end up at SG and if he does his upside may not be as high or he could be a tweener.

Have seen enough to be fine with his quickness.

I understand that these are highlight vids...but you get an idea of what he can do.

This is a French series which also shows a player not doing well... and looks at shortcomings. Wish I could read the French. I've seen them for other players in the draft...https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEfRnErFjp0XjQki7KM7xlg

These are brand new...remember, he is only 17 in some of these...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/21/2017  6:43 AM
The Draft has some major talent

Fultz
Jackson
Ball
Fox
Isaac
Monk
Smith
Tatum
Ntilikina
Collins
Markannen

Even after the top 6, we will have some opportunity to grab talent.

PG's who may be available - Ntilikina, Dennis Smith
Combo Guards - Monk
Wings - 1 of Isaac or Tatum
Bigs - Colins, Markannen

There's talent here. Much more than there would be in trade or free agency. We should just scout the best available player. I think the draft will depend on order but here's my guess

Top 4 - Fultz/Jackson/Ball/Fox
5-6: Issac/Monk

This leaves us with - Tatum, Smith, Ntilikina, Collins to choose from.

WaltLongmire

4/21/2017  12:08 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:The Draft has some major talent

Fultz
Jackson
Ball
Fox
Isaac
Monk
Smith
Tatum
Ntilikina
Collins
Markannen

Even after the top 6, we will have some opportunity to grab talent.

PG's who may be available - Ntilikina, Dennis Smith
Combo Guards - Monk
Wings - 1 of Isaac or Tatum
Bigs - Colins, Markannen

There's talent here. Much more than there would be in trade or free agency. We should just scout the best available player. I think the draft will depend on order but here's my guess

Top 4 - Fultz/Jackson/Ball/Fox
5-6: Issac/Monk

This leaves us with - Tatum, Smith, Ntilikina, Collins to choose from.

7 is a lucky position if we can stay in it (6 much better, of course) Of your list at the end I would look at Frank or Tatum...but there is some darn good talent available at the 7 slot, IMO.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/21/2017  12:31 PM
Best PG outside of Ball and Fultz is Xavier Rathan-Mayes...but he is not considered a "lottery" pick and will definitely be available later in the round.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/22/2017  5:09 AM
Yep again Minnesota will get the better player because we are to stupid to lose

BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I think there's a relatively decent chance Monk goes to Philly or Orlando or even the TWolves. All those teams desperately need to spread the floor for their inside games.

I think that means there's a chance Isaac is there for us.

The big kill for us dropping 6-7 is that there are scenarios where Tatum drops to 6. I can see it. And he wont be passed up by Minny

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/22/2017  5:14 AM

I dont think we get 1 that changes are fortunes, We have to tank next season as well

WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Just saying.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/22/2017  9:17 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

I dont think we get 1 that changes are fortunes, We have to tank next season as well

WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Just saying.

It's still too early to say what we'll get in this draft. Gotta wait for the Lottery to see where we end up. Even if we stick at 7 things could shake out in our favor depending on what the teams ahead of us do. This isn't a draft with a clear cut Franchise guy but you never know who might exceed expectations!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/22/2017  10:28 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Just saying.

Have seen enough to be fine with his quickness.

I understand that these are highlight vids...but you get an idea of what he can do.

This is a French series which also shows a player not doing well... and looks at shortcomings. Wish I could read the French. I've seen them for other players in the draft...https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEfRnErFjp0XjQki7KM7xlg

These are brand new...remember, he is only 17 in some of these...

So picking up french Frank would give us 4 euros? I dig. Definitely different exchange rate in the NBA

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

4/22/2017  10:45 AM
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Just saying.

It's still too early to say what we'll get in this draft. Gotta wait for the Lottery to see where we end up. Even if we stick at 7 things could shake out in our favor depending on what the teams ahead of us do. This isn't a draft with a clear cut Franchise guy but you never know who might exceed expectations!

Yea ntilikina has my vote I think he has Phils vote too he loves pro Europe players and you can't discount the fact he makes his teammates better and is a elite defensive pg ... 6'5 with a 6'11 wingspan are you kidding me ! To me this is a no brainer @ whereever we land between 7-10 ...

We also have a lot of $ coming off the books and if we move melo our line up might look

Center-KP,Noah
PF-Willy,oquin
Sf-whoever we get for melo,kuz
Sg-lee,holiday
Pg- frank, baker

Baker I see taking over for lee as the starting sg he works to hard to not get starter pt...

I expect baker to come in next year with a much improved 3 point shot and if we get crowder that's a lock down defender

Frank lockdown defender
Baker lockdown defender
Crowder lockdown defender
Willy weak defender but quick to play PF
KP shot blocking force capable of guarding most 5's

That's a much improved starting five esp on defense

There's no guy in the 7-14 slots that is 6-4---6-7 210-220 athletic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy