[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Time for Phil to go?

Author Poll
TheSage
Member: #386
I believe that Phil Jackson's leadership, style and insistence on his triangle have retarded the progress of the team and its personnel and it is time to go
He should go
He should stay
Unsure
View Results

Author Thread
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

4/19/2017  9:27 AM
Such a well thought out poll.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/19/2017  10:49 AM
I see what you did here - sneaking your argument into the poll question!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/19/2017  12:06 PM
his option was just picked up, so he's not going anywhere, even if this polls says he should.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Bonn1997
USA
4/19/2017  12:20 PM
nyk4ever wrote:his option was just picked up, so he's not going anywhere, even if this polls says he should.

I wouldn't put it past Dolan to pick up a $24 mil option and then 3 months later just let the guy go while still paying him all the money.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/19/2017  12:32 PM
Will Phil be gone before Melo is traded?
Will KP defect to Latvia and blow off his contract?
Will the Holiday brothers bring stability and a family-friendly atmosphere to this Dolanite zoo?
Will someone shoot Rambis in the leg (not fatally) and make it look like a self-inflicted wound?

So many questions, so few polls...

Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

4/19/2017  12:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2017  12:35 PM

that was funny to watch..

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nyk4ever
USA
4/19/2017  12:39 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:his option was just picked up, so he's not going anywhere, even if this polls says he should.

I wouldn't put it past Dolan to pick up a $24 mil option and then 3 months later just let the guy go while still paying him all the money.

he likes to spend money but he doesn't like to spend THAT kinda money. dolan knows if he fires phil after giving him the keys to the kingdom and then fires him after picking up his option that no GM worth their salt is coming in here.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

4/19/2017  12:50 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

he likes to spend money but he doesn't like to spend THAT kinda money. dolan knows if he fires phil after giving him the keys to the kingdom and then fires him after picking up his option that no GM worth their salt is coming in here.

No true...no GM worth his salt that has a resume....someone that is young and has the chops will want the jobs...with it warts and all....because if they turn this around.....the will be Babe Ruth.

Now who that person is I do not know...but these jobs, just like HC jobs are hard to come by.....beggers can't be choosers.

nyk4ever
USA
4/19/2017  1:32 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

No true...no GM worth his salt that has a resume....someone that is young and has the chops will want the jobs...with it warts and all....because if they turn this around.....the will be Babe Ruth.

Now who that person is I do not know...but these jobs, just like HC jobs are hard to come by.....beggers can't be choosers.

when's the last time james dolan hired a coach or a gm that didn't have any cache to their name? dolan is not hiring some no name from the spurs.

ekstarks94

4/19/2017  1:45 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

when's the last time james dolan hired a coach or a gm that didn't have any cache to their name? dolan is not hiring some no name from the spurs.

Agreed...who else is he going to turn to? Three names: Masai- Tornoto, I. Thomas - NY Libs, A. Houston - W. Knicks....
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/19/2017  1:46 PM
Phil will leave in 2 years than Mills will get promoted to Prez and Allan Houston will become GM. I think thats pretty much a guarantee.
Bonn1997
USA
4/19/2017  1:50 PM
Knixkik wrote:Phil will leave in 2 years than Mills will get promoted to Prez and Allan Houston will become GM. I think thats pretty much a guarantee.

Mills is a metrics guy at least, though I don't know how good his judgment and negotiating are.
ekstarks94

4/19/2017  2:00 PM
Knixkik wrote:Phil will leave in 2 years than Mills will get promoted to Prez and Allan Houston will become GM. I think thats pretty much a guarantee.

plausible .......to probable

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/19/2017  3:04 PM

Depressing but true! Nepotism or big names every time, rather than merit, it's why we're doomed

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/19/2017  3:05 PM
HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE. hE JUST GOT HIS TWO YEARS PICKED UP SO WHOEVER THINKS HE'S GOING ANYWHERE IS SADLY MISTAKEN.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/19/2017  3:11 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Even with everything that's gone on with the Knicks GM's would still come here to try to fix this mess especially any GM that's not working now.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/19/2017  3:15 PM
Phil should stay and continue his work rebuilding this franchise. The W/L record has been bad and the Melo-Drama has been embarrassing but there is still a silver lining to his tenure. There's finally a chance to rebuild in a way that hasn't been done with the Knicks in what seems like a lifetime.

The Media and some fans can complain about how he's handling things but I believe Phil and his team are on the right track. It's going to take some hard work and good luck in order to build a contender here in NY.

This is THE BEST starting position we've been in going into a Draft since Ewing. The Knicks already have KP and Willy and this is a good draft to have multiple picks. Phil and his team have to hit on these picks and continue to develop the young talent on this team.

Gudris
Member: #6213

4/19/2017  3:28 PM
nixluva wrote:Phil should stay and continue his work rebuilding this franchise. The W/L record has been bad and the Melo-Drama has been embarrassing but there is still a silver lining to his tenure. There's finally a chance to rebuild in a way that hasn't been done with the Knicks in what seems like a lifetime.

The Media and some fans can complain about how he's handling things but I believe Phil and his team are on the right track. It's going to take some hard work and good luck in order to build a contender here in NY.

This is THE BEST starting position we've been in going into a Draft since Ewing. The Knicks already have KP and Willy and this is a good draft to have multiple picks. Phil and his team have to hit on these picks and continue to develop the young talent on this team.

100% agree, everybody is looking just for negatives, but there is a lot of good things Phil have done this far, i trust Phil more than any other at this point

TheSage
Member: #386
4/19/2017  3:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2017  4:04 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:I see what you did here - sneaking your argument into the poll question!

Did not sneak-stated my opinion from the outset. The biggest flaw is his insistence on the triangle which may not be suited to the current game. I loved him as a player, was a great coach (of course he had few good men on the floor) but have not seen the same quality in his executive capacity.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/19/2017  4:14 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Depressing but true! Nepotism or big names every time, rather than merit, it's why we're doomed

Mills has a good reputation around the league though. He is well-liked. And Allan Houston is definitely a smart guy, who is gaining a lot of experience. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.

Time for Phil to go?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy