[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Here's my draft
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/21/2017  9:03 AM
BRIGGS wrote:The one guy Id take if he fell would be Jason Tatum. If we had 6 it would be more of a plausible scenario--but how can Minny pass on him.

That would be our best case scenario up top if he fell. Hes a pure 3 who has dribble control---can help bring the ball up and initiate offense with a lot of defensive upside. A star like potential. Our L to Philly was just brutal. I mean maybe he doesnt fall but the math dictates he might.

I really believe Josh Jackson Fult Ball go 1-2-3 so you have to get to 7 without Tatum being picked --3 players before him. I think Orlando could go PG at 5 Minny might be the team that takes Issacs(but I doubt it) and the Sixers will go guard(I think)

I agree the more a follow up on Tatum the more I see his potential.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/21/2017  10:49 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Uptown wrote:Love both Hart and Brunson....I'm a big Big East fan and I've seen both Nova stars over a dozen times...i would definitely snatch Hart with our 44th pick. He's a high IQ player, a ball mover, great teammate (former eagle scout),and will do a little bit of everything for you on the court.

Brunson is really good aswell, but i think might be available as a RFA or at the very end of the 2nd round so may be abl to buy a pick to snatch him.

I have to disagree with the Isaiah Thomas comparison. Thomas is a quick, scoring lead guard...Brunson is more of a pure pg. He's also 6'2 and about 190, is very strong and uses angles very well....Brunson reminds me a little of Andre Miller....

Uptown--Isiiah Thomas isnt super quick--heres video of him at Cal. Hes just incredibly strong has complete command of his dribble and is unbelievable at using his body control and angles. Actually this video shows how good of a pure PG he could be--hes got excellent vision. But in temr sof lightning fast--no. He plays at his pace and it is not like a John Wall Ish Smith etc..

Here is another Brunson video--the 12 minute was is great but this one is good too. Hes just as fast and crafty as Thomas but hes 6-2 not 5-9 Thomas went 60th in the draft--this guy should easily be a early 2nd rounder--and hes got 1st rd talent--no doubt in my mind

Getting Brunson on the Knicks along with Hart--Id take Brunson first would be the savviest dam move by the Knicks.

Can someone call Phil Jackson and tell him to promise and acquire Jalen Brunson--is there a bat phone or something we can call?

Sounds like he heard that the Knicks' fans wanted him and could not imagine it...he has decided to stay in college.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/college/Jalen-Brunson-Villanova-basketball-point-guard-returning-no-NBA-draft.html

Thanks, Briggs

How happy is Villanova. Thats how you won championships recruit retain. It will be interesting if he goes over 20 a game. Having a PG around 15-16 pts seems best. Wouldve easily given up a pick 20-30 for him.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/24/2017  11:22 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Pick #7 Jason Tatum John Collins Frank Nikitinia

Pick #44 Jalen Brunson Josh Hart Semi Ojeleye

Pick #57 Derrick White Tyler Dorsey DEonte Burton

Just slight changes. Moving Frank Jacsjon to my number 1 2 dnround pick--and be willing to go higher into the low 1st round to get him type. removing Brunson.

pick #7 Jason Tatum Daaron Fox John Collins

pick #44 Frank Jackson Josh Hart Semi Ojeyle

pick 57 Derrick White Tyler Dorsey Deonte Burton

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/25/2021  10:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2021  10:46 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Pick #7 to Sacramento for pick 10 34 and a Sacramento 2018 2nd rounder

Take John Collins at 10

Promise pick 34 to Jalen Brunson(promise)

Move pick 44 and a future 2 to 35 with Orlando and take Josh Hart

Ive studied this for two weeks. I think Jalen Brunson is a taller Isiah Thomas--hes vastly underrated as is Josh Hart--thats why they won 70 games and lost 5 in the last 2 years plus a chip. If I changed Frank Nakitina for Brunson as a starting PG on Villanova--are they better--I highly doubt it.

We need an athletic big--no one compares to John Collins--my initial thought process --there may be higher ceilings in terms of two way play---Allen maybe Payton--but Collins --no one could stop him--he plays 3 feet over the rim. He is physically stronger and ready to play big time right now.

The premise of my draft is taking ready to go players with + stats diverse skills and under valued perception.

I like Semi Ojeyele too but I dont think it would be probable.

Ive looked at tape of both Brunson and Nikitina --both have potential in different ways--but look at Brunson's game and study it against Isiah Thomas--hes got many of the same characteristics but hes also a tough defender.

4 years later Brunson is much better than Frank.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/25/2021  11:04 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Pick #7 to Sacramento for pick 10 34 and a Sacramento 2018 2nd rounder

Take John Collins at 10

Ive studied this for two weeks. I think Jalen Brunson is a taller Isiah Thomas--hes vastly underrated as is Josh Hart--thats why they won 70 games and lost 5 in the last 2 years plus a chip. If I changed Frank Nakitina for Brunson as a starting PG on Villanova--are they better--I highly doubt it.

We need an athletic big--no one compares to John Collins--my initial thought process --there may be higher ceilings in terms of two way play---Allen maybe Payton--but Collins --no one could stop him--he plays 3 feet over the rim. He is physically stronger and ready to play big time right now.

The premise of my draft is taking ready to go players with + stats diverse skills and under valued perception.

Ive looked at tape of both Brunson and Nikitina --both have potential in different ways--but look at Brunson's game and study it against Isiah Thomas--hes got many of the same characteristics but hes also a tough defender.

slow day at work?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
2/25/2021  11:09 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Take John Collins at 10

slow day at work?

What is work?

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
2/25/2021  11:33 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Take John Collins at 10

slow day at work?

What is work?

that soreness in your shoulders from patting yourself on the back
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/25/2021  2:28 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Take John Collins at 10

How are Nesmith and Kaminsky looking?

BRIGGS
2/25/2021  2:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Take John Collins at 10

I’ve seen nesmith play a few x. He’s played well. Not his fault jYlen brown is ahead of him. He’s gonna be good

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/25/2021  3:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Take John Collins at 10

I’ve seen nesmith play a few x. He’s played well. Not his fault jYlen brown is ahead of him. He’s gonna be good

I wouldn't say he's played well. He still looks shaky, but he's showing signs.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/25/2021  3:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Take John Collins at 10

This isn’t really true. I think it’s too early to make a call on any rookie, and he has plenty of time to turn things around, but he has absolutely stunk so far

BRIGGS
2/25/2021  4:05 PM

You need pt to show what u have. Remember he really did not play much for a year in games

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

2/25/2021  4:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

You need pt to show what u have. Remember he really did not play much for a year in games

What about the game he had 22 mins and put up mostly 0s. Like I said, he showed some signs, but he's been trash for the most part. Showed more in his Rookie season than Nesmith has shown so far.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
2/25/2021  4:56 PM
Nesmith is bothered by length and never passes
BRIGGS
6/23/2021  8:00 PM
I pegged this one
RIP Crushalot😞
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/23/2021  9:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I pegged this one

LOL....you weren't the only one. If you remember, in 2017 (the year you started this thread), Brunson pulled his name from the draft and went back to Nova, won a chip and re-entered the draft in 2018.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/23/2021  9:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Just slight changes. Moving Frank Jacsjon to my number 1 2 dnround pick--and be willing to go higher into the low 1st round to get him type. removing Brunson.

I was like, damn. Briggs was all about the right guys. Then you get to this post and when it’s time to make your pick, you take Jackson. No credit awarded.

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG

6/23/2021  10:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I pegged this one

Who, Nesmith?

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

6/23/2021  10:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:How are Nesmith and Kaminsky looking?

Nesmith is playing far less than advertised ( he got a lot of unfair hype at a few points in last years deep preseason) but far better than practically projected.

One could argue easily he's still more valuable than Ntilikina and Knox, leaps and bounds so, and he's certainly has more role specific upside than Obi Toppin ( at least Nesmith can space the floor or require defenses to acknowledge the threat) If Nesmith's ceiling is Anthony Morrow-ish ( let's just run that hypothetical) then that's still more valuable than what Obi Toppin is practically projected to bring.

If you observe those old Celtics teams, you can kind of extrapolate why Danny Ainge picked the draft picks he did. He tried to mirror current players against his old teammates. Which is a huge mistake but it's the kind of bias that a non analytics guy will often make.

The lesson for the Knicks here is Leon Rose just needs to leave Brock Aller alone and listen to his recommendations and act on them.

Something I learned a long time ago from a MLB scout is learning to be impassionate about "Tool Set" versus "Skill Set"

Dennis Smith Jr had an impressive tool set at the time of his draft. If you just went on pure ceiling and athletic ability/jump out the gym prowess and had he gone to a more established college program and avoided injury, he could have pushed much higher in his draft class. He was not, however, very skilled.

Goran Dragic has a pretty pedestrian tool set. If you just went on pure ceiling and athletic ability/jump out the gym prowess, he was not a top tier prospect. Lots of people didn't think he would actually make it in the league. He was, however, very skilled. Watch his bag of tricks, which transcends raw athleticism when the issue is no longer about who can run faster, jump higher and push stronger. Watch the way he uses space, his timing, his court vision and his confidence level.

Obi Toppin has some interesting tools. The problem is, glaringly so, that he has no real translatable NBA skills that fit the actual marketplace and current Space And Pace style game.

But that's not the only issue. Ntilikina has actual and practical NBA skills. He just doesn't give a ****. He plays like a quiet selfish *******. JJ Redick and Kyle Korver have both pointed this out over time, passing up a clean shot is selfish. That's their job. You would think giving up the ball is the "team thing" to do. OK, being a thoughtless shotjacking machine like Corey Maggette is selfish. But he often took bad shots, soaked in poor shot selection, against too many defenders, in the wrong situations, too early in the shot clock and killing offensive flow. Clean shots based on team synergy and good off ball movement is different. In those cases, passing up a high percentage good reward to risk shot is toxic to your team.

Knox is worse. He doesn't give a ****, he has a shaky tool set and he has close to no skill set.

Where the Knicks are picking this year ( 19 and 21), they are, by default, going to to picking after lots of guys with high tool sets are taken off the board. So just don't over think this and pick guys with some kind of translatable skills. Many of you see this in your workplace or careers all the time. Maybe a guy doesn't have a ton of formal education, but he's good at handling difficult and angry people, he can defuse them. Or someone is great at selling something, anything really, but he doesn't have a ton of work experience. Or someone knows how to organize things well, get the logistics and planning in order and cues up the details in a way that is good for actual problem solving, but maybe they are just bad at interviewing. Some of you probably fit that, maybe you had something on your resume or lack of experience or lack of relevant education and still, you produced something that was valuable and found a way to push your way in and make a mark for yourself.

There's a reason I picked fundamentals type players. I realize why they create their own risk category, but I value a solid foundation in a core of players. I recognize the guys I like aren't the "sexy" names. But sometimes you don't crush your enemies with the high flying brand name sexy options. Sometimes you just have a few efficient pipe hitting mother****ers who will walk halfway across the Earth to **** down someone's throat.

Zeke and Phil Jackson failed because they saw what they wanted players to be without regard to what those players could actually do practically. This is why analytics guys do so well running sports teams most of the time. The first thing they kill is their ego. The 2nd thing they kill is their own fandom of the sport. The third thing they kill is their inherent bias. Zeke and Jackson spent so much time trying to defend their perception of their legacy to the point where they marred it.

Love is the death of duty.

What it takes to win is actually very joyless.

BRIGGS
6/23/2021  11:00 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

[/quote

I was like, damn. Briggs was all about the right guys. Then you get to this post and when it’s time to make your pick, you take Jackson. No credit awarded.

No. Getting Brunson it was necessary to move back from 7 to get higher in rd 2. Also at that point I thought we were dead on with fox or Collins. Just semantics. I got good names there

RIP Crushalot😞
Here's my draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy