Here's my draft
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/18/2017  11:32 PM
Pick #7 to Sacramento for pick 10 34 and a Sacramento 2018 2nd rounder

Take John Collins at 10

Promise pick 34 to Jalen Brunson(promise)

Move pick 44 and a future 2 to 35 with Orlando and take Josh Hart

Ive studied this for two weeks. I think Jalen Brunson is a taller Isiah Thomas--hes vastly underrated as is Josh Hart--thats why they won 70 games and lost 5 in the last 2 years plus a chip. If I changed Frank Nakitina for Brunson as a starting PG on Villanova--are they better--I highly doubt it.

We need an athletic big--no one compares to John Collins--my initial thought process --there may be higher ceilings in terms of two way play---Allen maybe Payton--but Collins --no one could stop him--he plays 3 feet over the rim. He is physically stronger and ready to play big time right now.

The premise of my draft is taking ready to go players with + stats diverse skills and under valued perception.

I like Semi Ojeyele too but I dont think it would be probable.

Ive looked at tape of both Brunson and Nikitina --both have potential in different ways--but look at Brunson's game and study it against Isiah Thomas--hes got many of the same characteristics but hes also a tough defender.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/18/2017  11:36 PM
This is interesting but should wait til after the Lottery don't you think?
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/18/2017  11:39 PM
I don't see it with Brunson. Doesn't have the quickness of IT from what I have seen.
The Future is Bright!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/18/2017  11:45 PM
I'd go Isaacs or Ntilikina at 7

Dillon Brooks at 44

Frank Mason III at 58

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/18/2017  11:52 PM
TPercy wrote:I don't see it with Brunson. Doesn't have the quickness of IT from what I have seen.

Isiaih Thomas isnt quick like an Ish Smith either--hes just fuking good. He uses his everything he has strength command of dribble IQ angles and Brunson does to. Thats why he shot 55% this year.

Sometimes players just get strange valuations--but I think I was spot on last year with Brogdon--and man whats not to like about two really good guards who won 70 games in the last 2 years + a championship? Jalen is somewhere between 6-2 and 6-3 so hes no midget either.

No one could stop John Collins is the ACC--no one from any team.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/18/2017  11:58 PM
crzymdups wrote:I'd go Isaacs or Ntilikina at 7

Dillon Brooks at 44

Frank Mason III at 58

I dont think Frank is very good with the dribble. Hes got ceiling with the two way game--but the thing that scares the **** out of me with him is dribble command. If you dont think thats big--think again.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/19/2017  12:04 AM

Watch the kid. Complete dribble command great body control incredible IQ great jumper form in and out strong body. Also with props to Josh Hart--ambidextrous good dribble control strong athletic good with angles good rebounder with long arms great defender.

Theres a reason why Villanova won 70 games the last 2 years. Winning begets winning. We need some hardcore leaders as much as anything as well and those 2 are leaders.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/19/2017  6:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2017  6:44 AM
look at the nba per system
When you look at this stat it shows the who's who of the best of the best. It's a no brainer stat
John collins has a higher per in year 2 than Tim Duncan had josh hart as the highest per of any guard that will be drafted
It's a number that dumb teams like New York need to pay attention to. High per players are usually high iq players as well
It's a smart way to build a team

Per. Efg% defensive usage and turnover rate

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/19/2017  7:08 AM
I went through every pg that is draft eligible
Other than Lonzo ball the only guy I could not question on offense was jalen Brunson . Even Fultz who is a very decent defensive player still gives me a Steve Francis vibe on offense. That his game is too centric( although he's a no brainer top 5 pick) I never looked at Brunson as a guy who forced anything he makes the simple smart play he's got tremendous strength body and dribble control while being a lefty which makes him almost unguardsble. I'd lilting see the rebounds higher than 3 but that's not a bad number Golden State and Clevland and San Antonio are offensive first type teams but have smart defensive players who buy into systems-- that's what villanova does and the reason are there guards. You bring winning players to the Knicks a winning mentality. I don't want kp as the leader-- he's no leader and he just proved that.
RIP Crushalot😞
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/19/2017  7:24 AM
Thanks Briggs. I appreciate the heads up on Brunson

Personally not a fan of trading back for Collins though not a bad idea

I'm hoping we take a wing who plays D, is smart w the ball

(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/19/2017  7:44 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Pick #7 to Sacramento for pick 10 34 and a Sacramento 2018 2nd rounder

Take John Collins at 10

Promise pick 34 to Jalen Brunson(promise)

Move pick 44 and a future 2 to 35 with Orlando and take Josh Hart

Ive studied this for two weeks. I think Jalen Brunson is a taller Isiah Thomas--hes vastly underrated as is Josh Hart--thats why they won 70 games and lost 5 in the last 2 years plus a chip. If I changed Frank Nakitina for Brunson as a starting PG on Villanova--are they better--I highly doubt it.

We need an athletic big--no one compares to John Collins--my initial thought process --there may be higher ceilings in terms of two way play---Allen maybe Payton--but Collins --no one could stop him--he plays 3 feet over the rim. He is physically stronger and ready to play big time right now.

The premise of my draft is taking ready to go players with + stats diverse skills and under valued perception.

I like Semi Ojeyele too but I dont think it would be probable.

Ive looked at tape of both Brunson and Nikitina --both have potential in different ways--but look at Brunson's game and study it against Isiah Thomas--hes got many of the same characteristics but hes also a tough defender.

Nakitina is 6'6 and has the potential to guard 3 positions, and shoot, and create. His potential huge.

We need an athletic big, but we need one that compliments KP and Willy. Someone who has the quickness to guard stretch 4s but also the strength to hold his position in the paint(Pretty much Draymond Green without the ball handling and play making abilities) .

Caleb Swanigan?

I also wouldn't trade down from 7 unless i'm getting multiple first rounders back. Moving down from 7 to 10 just for an early 2nd rounder doesn't do it for me. The value for that spot should be higher then that.

We could still target the #20 or #26 pick from Portland Offering someone out of the KOQ, Kuz, Lee bunch. Then maybe use #44 and #58 to move up to #34.

Look to come away with Frank, Swanigan, Hart. If Frank and Swanigan become hits given their potential skill sets. Paried up with KP and Willy we would have completely changed our fortune. Add in Hart....

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/19/2017  9:51 AM
Agree about Hart. But as for the first round, this is our opportunity to add an elite PG or wing player. Most of the guards possibly available to us, like Ntilikina, Smith, or Monk, would go top 5 in most drafts. Getting one of them at 7 or 8 is a real opportunity.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/19/2017  9:58 AM
Knixkik wrote:Agree about Hart. But as for the first round, this is our opportunity to add an elite PG or wing player. Most of the guards possibly available to us, like Ntilikina, Smith, or Monk, would go top 5 in most drafts. Getting one of them at 7 or 8 is a real opportunity.

Yeah, agreed. The key is to not overthink the lottery pick too much and just try to grab the best player there.

¿ △ ?
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

4/19/2017  4:49 PM
BPA at our lottery spot. Still hoping we get lucky and move up to top 3.
BRIGGS
4/19/2017  6:25 PM
Moonangie wrote:BPA at our lottery spot. Still hoping we get lucky and move up to top 3.

Agree but its highly subjective.
Most fans read too much and dont even see the guys play. Anyone who saw Malik Monk's last 20 games wouldnt be jumping up and down. But since hes listed at 6 or 8 they believe hes that good--but he has significant liabilities.

A few of the guys at the top deserve to be there but there is no shaq or Lebron.

I like the idea of taking an assumed BPA regardless of position in the lottery and being aggressive going after the two Villanova guards. I think Frank N is a few years away at 170--hes a good prospect but I wish we saw him playing at Iowa or something like that.

These guys Brunson and Hart--they both shot 50+++with efg off the chart 60% and went 68-7 the lat two years with a chip. There is a LOT of bonafides there.

The guy I have my eyes on John Collins--hes going to excel real quick from the 4 spot. Hes powerful and jumps like a young Dwight Howard. When you look at the rebounding per 40 minutes 15??? and 2.5 blocks along with 30 PPG when is the last time a player from a major conference did that? Brunson 2 P FG% 62%%%%??? thats insane both Hart and Brusnon have insane efficiency.

That would be grabbing 3 players who averaged double digits 15-20 and shot collectively 60%efg+?? In a league based on offense

RIP Crushalot😞
PhilinLA
Member: #696
4/19/2017  6:31 PM
I'm hoping for Frenchie at 7 and another first coming from a trade.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
reub
Member: #6227

4/19/2017  6:49 PM
PhilinLA wrote:I'm hoping for Frenchie at 7 and another first coming from a trade.

I think that we can get the Laker's #28 pick for Melo (at the very least) and then grab aggressive combo-forward Semi Ojeleye to go along with Ntilikina. Then take Sindarius Thornwell plus Frank Mason and we've helped our team immeasurably.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/19/2017  7:02 PM
Love both Hart and Brunson....I'm a big Big East fan and I've seen both Nova stars over a dozen times...i would definitely snatch Hart with our 44th pick. He's a high IQ player, a ball mover, great teammate (former eagle scout),and will do a little bit of everything for you on the court.

Brunson is really good aswell, but i think might be available as a RFA or at the very end of the 2nd round so may be abl to buy a pick to snatch him.

I have to disagree with the Isaiah Thomas comparison. Thomas is a quick, scoring lead guard...Brunson is more of a pure pg. He's also 6'2 and about 190, is very strong and uses angles very well....Brunson reminds me a little of Andre Miller....

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/19/2017  9:32 PM
crzymdups wrote:I'd go Isaacs or Ntilikina at 7

Dillon Brooks at 44

Frank Mason III at 58

I'd be down with this draft for sure.

BRIGGS
4/19/2017  10:53 PM
PhilinLA wrote:I'm hoping for Frenchie at 7 and another first coming from a trade.

If we do that--Id definitely be in the market for Brunson. I dont think Frank N is NEARLY ready for the NBA--Brunson is WAY more physically mature and game mature. Were going to rely on Baker?? Id bet a lot of money Brunson is way better than Baker right now despite being 4 years younger. Were also going to need a free agent pro PG. Thats probably why we havent kissed off Rose.

If we draft Frank--we better be prepared for him not to have a big role at first. Im not even sure hes a PG. At 170 hed have no chance to guard stronger bigger PGs despite his great length--hed get bodied easily.

RIP Crushalot😞
Here's my draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy