[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Porzingis is going to play in European Championship this summer(?)
Author Thread
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

4/18/2017  8:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2017  8:14 AM
http://www.fiba.com/eurobasket/2017/news/porzingis-absolutely-hopes-to-play-for-latvia-at-eurobasket

This might be a real reason why he skipped exit meeting, Knicks management didnt want to approve this

"But the 21-year-old is to hold a press conference in his hometown of Liepaja next week and is sure to be asked about his possible involvement with Latvia at FIBA EuroBasket (August 31 - September 17)."

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/18/2017  8:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2017  8:13 AM
Our little Kristaps is kicking up and sneaking out at night playing EuroBasket.
Reports say Kristaps was not wearing a helmet when biking and when asked about his relationship with phil he was quoted:"Dude, Im a grown ass man!! Phil is not my pops, I do what what I want now!!! I play the Rectangle, Square, and Triangle if I feel like it!!!" KP then pulled out a pack of Marboro's, lit one, BLEW SMOKE INTO REPORTERS FACE and said: "Tell phil I blow smoke up his ass if I feel like it", see you in September Bytch!" KP pull out a flask of Vodka, took a pull and rode off with his brother laughing about getting a Laker Tatoo and never using a condom again!!! He was seen later that night riding a skateboard with no protection and blood oozing form his elbows.
holfresh
Member: #1081

4/18/2017  8:17 AM
Nalod wrote:Our little Kristaps is kicking up and sneaking out at night playing EuroBasket.
Reports say Kristaps was not wearing a helmet when biking and when asked about his relationship with phil he was quoted:"Dude, Im a grown ass man!! Phil is not my pops, I do what what I want now!!! I play the Rectangle, Square, and Triangle if I feel like it!!!" KP then pulled out a pack of Marboro's, lit one, BLEW SMOKE INTO REPORTERS FACE and said: "Tell phil I blow smoke up his ass if I feel like it", see you in September Bytch!" KP pull out a flask of Vodka, took a pull and rode off with his brother laughing about getting a Laker Tatoo and never using a condom again!!! He was seen later that night riding a skateboard with no protection and blood oozing form his elbows.

JesseDark
Member: #467
4/18/2017  9:06 AM
Another FU to Phil;
Bring back dee-fense
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/18/2017  9:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2017  10:17 AM
"Long flight to Latvia"...
Media translation: he's leading a mutiny. All the cards are in his pocket. Phils going to jail now!
Reality: that flight to Latvia is long as ****... at least 10 hours. There's no direct flight from NY to Latvia... the flight could be a couple hours longer depending on the layover.

"Kp won't come back to the states til training camp.."
Media translation: oh snap Phil done did it now. KP won't be back because he's so mad at that triangle.
Reality: KP is playing in the European championships this summer... that's going to take up most of the summer training and doing promotion.

Fyi KP is still in NY... riding bikes and eating honey nut cheerios

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/18/2017  9:31 AM
I agree with what Byron Scott said on NBA Jump last night that KP hasn't earned the right to be skipping any meeting and he needs to get his young butt to any meeting he's supposed to go to. He hasn't proven anything in this league yet that gives him any right to be skipping any meeting that the team asks him to go to and he also said they should fine his azz big time for skipping that meeting. I'm as big or a bigger fan of KP as anyone can be but he's setting a bad example for any of the other players especially the young guys.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/18/2017  9:33 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:I agree with what Byron Scott said on NBA Jump last night that KP hasn't earned the right to be skipping any meeting and he needs to get his young butt to any meeting he's supposed to go to. He hasn't proven anything in this league yet that gives him any right to be skipping any meeting that the team asks him to go to and he also said they should fine his azz big time for skipping that meeting. I'm as big or a bigger fan of KP as anyone can be but he's setting a bad example for any of the other players especially the young guys.

Byron Scott was fired from coaching the Lakers because he was terrible at communicating with young players.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/18/2017  9:54 AM
KP should play in this. Huge for him. Let him get his mojo on and build up some positive vibes
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/18/2017  9:56 AM
fishmike wrote:KP should play in this. Huge for him. Let him get his mojo on and build up some positive vibes

Completely agree. Title is misleading though. He is not guaranteed to play, he just said he hopes to play.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/18/2017  10:44 AM
Unicorns don't have to be at exit meetings. When a unicorn leaves, there is nothing to talk about!
Phil should take a Sojourn to Latvia and hug it out.
That, or KP's mom should grab him by the ear and make him apologize to Phil and Steve.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/18/2017  10:45 AM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:KP should play in this. Huge for him. Let him get his mojo on and build up some positive vibes

Completely agree. Title is misleading though. He is not guaranteed to play, he just said he hopes to play.

fixed

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

4/18/2017  11:30 AM
Nalod wrote:Our little Kristaps is kicking up and sneaking out at night playing EuroBasket.

I vote this one for funniest Nalod post of the year!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/18/2017  11:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2017  11:48 AM
This reminded me of that movie...

KP6 - Phil, I have the bad crap coming over..
Phil - Yawn, drop and give me 50

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/18/2017  12:03 PM
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/18/2017  12:58 PM
If it helps Porzingis with his low post game, great. Hope he spends as much time working on his post game as he can.
teamsport72
Member: #6172

4/18/2017  5:12 PM
Hey, do not dismiss this. This is huge. I thought this would be the biggest news around here.

Well, you have to understand that several months ago there was ZERO chance KP would play for our national team. That is the consensus view here, in our bball community. Everyone knows that he doesn't care. Neither he ever mentioned it as a real possibility. ZERO chance.

The twist here must be that between two players who don't play much D (M and R), one is KPs friend, the other a nobody. With PJ throwing KPs friend off the wagon, and likely to keep the boneheaded one - you can start to understand where this national pride of KP stems from. Of course, both M and R should be released/dealt away, but if PJ has decided to keep one of them - it is not the one KP wants.

On a different note - R is more than happy to stay around, put up around 40 shots with M gone, and be the biggest star in the city, while playing little D.

Anyways, thank you PJ for KPs sudden national pride!

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/18/2017  9:55 PM
I've been a KP guy all along but if he plays euro ball over the summer and either gets injured or fails to build up his strength significantly I'm going to go after him hard.

He should do whatever Phil/Staff tells him -- if not it's on you KP.

Gudris
Member: #6213

4/24/2017  8:18 AM
http://www.tvnet.lv/sports/basketbols/657499-porzingis_pazino_savu_lemumu_spelesu_latvijas_izlase

KP press conference: Says he will play in Eurobasket 100%

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/24/2017  9:42 AM
LivingLegend wrote:I've been a KP guy all along but if he plays euro ball over the summer and either gets injured or fails to build up his strength significantly I'm going to go after him hard.

He should do whatever Phil/Staff tells him -- if not it's on you KP.

Have always supported him...has to come back physically stronger...this is a must.

For what it is worth he did say he was going to do this.

One silver lining is the possibility that he emerges as a leader on the Latvian team. People should not discount this. I'm hoping he takes such a role.

Euro ball is also, in general, much more team oriented...this can't be a bad thing, I would think.

In general, I'm against playing on a national team because of injury, but understand why players do it, of course.

Big thing for me...he comes back stronger, and with some automatic go to moves in the post.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
4/24/2017  9:56 AM
good for him, chance to experience winning basketball
Porzingis is going to play in European Championship this summer(?)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy