[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Carmelo Anthony and wife La La separated after 7 years of marriage (TMZ)
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/18/2017  8:56 PM
Haven't confirmed but there saying this is the young woman.

AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/18/2017  8:56 PM
Supposedly the story of Melo knocking up a stripper is not true. I heard that on the Michael Kay show.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

4/18/2017  9:18 PM
nixluva wrote:Haven't confirmed but there saying this is the young woman.

dont she kinda look like his wife?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/18/2017  10:06 PM
dacash wrote:

Yup! He's got a type!

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

4/18/2017  10:31 PM
Melo just another Fugazy.

Mr Family man....Mr Goodguy...Mr Team Leader....just another fugazy...KG and the Cheerios comments make me laugh more now.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/18/2017  10:44 PM
Narddog. I said alleging.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/18/2017  11:51 PM
nixluva wrote:
dacash wrote:

Yup! He's got a type!

Lol nixluva doesn't believe a thing the media says until it's about Melo's side piece. Shameful.

¿ △ ?
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/19/2017  12:03 AM
nixluva wrote:
dacash wrote:

Yup! He's got a type!

Timeout. The twitter pics ain't LaLa?

NardDogNation

4/19/2017  12:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2017  12:09 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Melo just another Fugazy.

Mr Family man....Mr Goodguy...Mr Team Leader....just another fugazy...KG and the Cheerios comments make me laugh more now.

....you are aware this came AFTER allegations of LaLa cheating with rapper, Maino (via twitter commemts from his wife), right?

And you are aware that as a dude with a **** and balls, **** happens? You can love your family and still sleep with women outside the marriage. I recall seeing stats that about 40% of men admit to stepping out of their marriage. But you can keep pretending you are holier than thou. I'm sure you're beating away 10s left and right on the daily.

NardDogNation

4/19/2017  12:08 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Now I feel stupid for defending and feeling bad for Melo. Knocking up another girl isn't gonna get you much sympathy anymore

Who are you to judge his situation?

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/19/2017  1:55 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Now I feel stupid for defending and feeling bad for Melo. Knocking up another girl isn't gonna get you much sympathy anymore

He's entitled not to feel sorry for someone for choosing to cheat on their wife and possibly not using a condom and so putting her at risk of an STI as well as getting the other woman pregnant. Im not judging him as a human being, but what he did was ****ty and so no, I don't feel sorry for him either.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2017  7:18 AM
NardDogNation wrote:

....you are aware this came AFTER allegations of LaLa cheating with rapper, Maino (via twitter commemts from his wife), right?

And you are aware that as a dude with a **** and balls, **** happens? You can love your family and still sleep with women outside the marriage. I recall seeing stats that about 40% of men admit to stepping out of their marriage. But you can keep pretending you are holier than thou. I'm sure you're beating away 10s left and right on the daily.

I suppose there are those of us who have never strayed from the marital bed, and those who have.
In a knick forum, I wouldn't want to be judged either.

For all we know both of them might have been moving away from their marriage but TV shows, books and for the sake of their son have kept a more private profile. At some point that gets harder and harder. What we don't know is does this women entrapped melo or was his spawn a planned pregnancy?

When you live and profit from being a public figure with a reality TV show and endorse products based on an image, you kind of are fair game to judgement when you prove less than genuine. DR. J was called out when it became known he had a child out of wedlock all the while he was the first black cross over athlete on a national basis to endorse products as he was promoted as a family man. This came out during divorce proceedings after his son died and his marriage became unworkable as many do after the death of a child.
Dr J's image has been restored much in the aftermath but the hypocrisy was not lost on some when the news came out.

Jordan was the king of endorsements but kept to a large extent his family life out of the public realm. His marriage and kids were not part of his public persona so when he and his wife had a private split, he was not called out on it.

This will tarnish Melo's image a bit and would make it very hard to continue in New York UNLESS HE AND THE TEAM WERE TO BE SUCCESSFUL BY SOME DEFINITION! If not he would lose some support. The divorce is one thing, but even if consensual to have an open marriage, Melo and La La sold books as a loving couple, had a tv show and promoted themselves as a family. That is on them, not "JUDGEMENT".

NardDogNation

4/19/2017  9:42 AM
smackeddog wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

He's entitled not to feel sorry for someone for choosing to cheat on their wife and possibly not using a condom and so putting her at risk of an STI as well as getting the other woman pregnant. Im not judging him as a human being, but what he did was ****ty and so no, I don't feel sorry for him either.

Context is always important. We don't know what the context is, which is why I'm a little hesitant to assign him blame especially given the allegations LaLa was cheating well before.

We also don't know anything about the alleged woman he got pregnant. For all we know, she's wife-material and he fell in love knowing his marriage was already over. They are describing her as someone with a Masters degree, which is some indication that she's not a jump-off/useless bitch, though there are plenty of ratchet women that come from pedigree. It is reckless to get her pregnant given the circumstances but Melo ain't out here like Dwight Howard having 8 different kids with 8 different baby-mama's. Dwight's a hypocritical, piece of **** *******; Melo is yet to be determined but has a long way to go before reaching that kind of status.

NardDogNation

4/19/2017  9:51 AM
Nalod wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I suppose there are those of us who have never strayed from the marital bed, and those who have.
In a knick forum, I wouldn't want to be judged either.

For all we know both of them might have been moving away from their marriage but TV shows, books and for the sake of their son have kept a more private profile. At some point that gets harder and harder. What we don't know is does this women entrapped melo or was his spawn a planned pregnancy?

When you live and profit from being a public figure with a reality TV show and endorse products based on an image, you kind of are fair game to judgement when you prove less than genuine. DR. J was called out when it became known he had a child out of wedlock all the while he was the first black cross over athlete on a national basis to endorse products as he was promoted as a family man. This came out during divorce proceedings after his son died and his marriage became unworkable as many do after the death of a child.
Dr J's image has been restored much in the aftermath but the hypocrisy was not lost on some when the news came out.

Jordan was the king of endorsements but kept to a large extent his family life out of the public realm. His marriage and kids were not part of his public persona so when he and his wife had a private split, he was not called out on it.

This will tarnish Melo's image a bit and would make it very hard to continue in New York UNLESS HE AND THE TEAM WERE TO BE SUCCESSFUL BY SOME DEFINITION! If not he would lose some support. The divorce is one thing, but even if consensual to have an open marriage, Melo and La La sold books as a loving couple, had a tv show and promoted themselves as a family. That is on them, not "JUDGEMENT".

This idea of Melo selling the public image of being a "family-man" with conservative "family values" is fictious. Guys like Stephen Curry does that with all his godly quotes, unncessary inclusion of his wife in public affairs, bringing his kid to the podium after games,etc.

Melo, on the other hand, has never followed this model. LaLa has had a public profile but that was established (and largely fizzled out) before she met Melo. And have you seen Melo dragging his kid around public as a prop? Does every other picture on his Instagram contain LaLa in it? Are they doing commericals together like Steph and Ayesha? For the most part, it seems those two have tried to keep their family life private.

Nalod
USA
4/19/2017  1:08 PM
La La's Full Court Life is an American reality television series on VH1.[1] The series debuted on August 22, 2011, and is the follow up series to La La's Full Court Wedding.[2] La La's Full Court Life chronicles the life of Alani Vasquez aka La La as she experiences married life with the professional basketball player Carmelo Anthony, evolving from being the fiancée of a basketball player to being a basketball wife and how she manages her life while keeping her career in check.[3][4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_La%27s_Full_Court_Life

This is about them having problems and finding time for each other........and she spends time in Miami. 60 second intro tell you this.
They had nearly 50 episodes of this show which started when he came to NY. You tell me he wanted to be in NY from Denver and didn't want the public life? its all on TV. Its mostly her, but its La La and Melo.
https://vimeo.com/46946433

Nalod
USA
4/20/2017  9:54 AM
http://pagesix.com/2017/04/20/carmelo-and-la-la-signed-a-prenup-but-are-his-millions-protected/

This is going more public. Also, they split about three years ago. I'd say this is not weighing heavy on Melo's mind as they have been at this for some time.
From everything written, this has not been a great marriage for some time. That matters because if it was a more recent event and it messed with him it could matter regarding "fixing" his head and and his game going forward.
but if this is been the case where she is off doing movies, him doing his thing then the emotional bonds thin out and people move on.

Melo, like many athletes should not marry as the temptations of what he is presented with being an attractive and super wealthy young man is way beyond what most can comprehend.
For that I don't "Blame him or judge him". IM not condoning or condemning him. Man has an obligation to his contract to his employer and fellow employees to perform. Thats his coach, players and training staff down to the guy that mops the floor!

But when you live a public life, sell that as an endorsement, then you give up certain rights to privacy. Celebrities pay a price for their fame. Thats their choice.

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

4/20/2017  11:48 PM
Funny how press and Knick fans absolutely lit up Fisher for dating the "divorced" wife of an ex teammate but at the same time Mr Knick "Melo" our blanking phonie Melo Brand Fugazy is walking around blanking broads all over the country while married and press has never said a peep until past few days and in most aspects they are going easy on this fake ass Jack-ass. Get the f out of here Melo and let this team play for each other - not your a-hole brand.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

4/21/2017  12:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2017  12:43 AM
I also don't get it why Fisher got so much flak for dating an already divorced woman, even if she divorced someone he knew.

I also agree that while having extramarital affairs is despicable, we should not rush to judge Melo, since it is not yet clear whether it was he or LaLa who cheated first.

wargames
Member: #6053

4/21/2017  1:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2017  1:26 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:I also don't get it why Fisher got so much flak for dating an already divorced woman, even if she divorced someone he knew.

I also agree that while having extramarital affairs is despicable, we should not rush to judge Melo, since it is not yet clear whether it was he or LaLa who cheated first.

Cause Barnes beat him up and it made him a joke and the NY media and ESPN loved it. Tony Parker slept with Brent Barry's wife, there was a lot of rumors a player, slept with and impregnated Steve Nash's ex wife before they got divorced. Scott Stiles might have between 6 - 9 kids out of wedlock and nobody talks about it.

Barnes really is the reason it blew up into a big thing. In Melo's case this blew up because it came out in the middle of the "Philgate" scandal so he was already under a lot of Media scrutiny and this gave the story a whole new life so why not promote it as news when it's really Gossip.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Nalod
USA
4/21/2017  8:42 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:I also don't get it why Fisher got so much flak for dating an already divorced woman, even if she divorced someone he knew.

Not sure that really matters, Seems like press kept it private until they officially separated. Decent.
As for who cheated first, seems like they by many accounts have not been a couple for some time. Personally I don't care about either of them cheating, its just another distraction.

As for Fish, he was a family guy who had a daughter who was very ill but got better. Fish divorced his wife in a devastating manner from what I read. He sort of just bailed on her with little warning to her. I don't have any details or knowledge. The Govan thing was he told team he was going back west to be with his kids. Nothing wrong with who and what he does, but to have a high profile incident was embarrassing on a lot of levels. But "embarrassing" is not a crime or reason to be fired.

MY take was a players life is about taking care of business on the court and taking care of your body. A coach has a more cerebral job and it seems he just did not make the transition from being a player to that. I think he would be a good coach someday and this experience will help him. I would think he'll get another chance but he might have to be an assistant first, which sucks after being top dog in his first gig! I think phil could over look much of this short comings as he had just retired as a player. Phil had played the game, and then became a coach. HE gets it. I think the thing in my opinion was if your not a finished product, and not open to being mentored as he was, then its a problem for Phil. Just guessing. Team was losing and if fish was messing with players girls then he was cooked and not coming back from that.

Carmelo Anthony and wife La La separated after 7 years of marriage (TMZ)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy