[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Carmelo Anthony and wife La La separated after 7 years of marriage (TMZ)
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/17/2017  4:44 PM
http://teamstre.am/2oGMwgf

This might factor in on Melo decision... the Clippers still are a likely destination

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/17/2017  4:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2017  4:52 PM
The Knicks' disastrous season may have had an impact on the breakup.

So now they gonna blame phil for the breakup? That is weak as hell!!!
Is Fish tapping LA LA?
La La in Miami? Y'all laughed when I said it could be a destination?
I understand a bit why Melo didn't want to go anywhere. And, at least Phil kept his mouth shut about this. Waiting until after the season is no coincidence. Hate it for their kid, and Im sure Melo wants to keep him in his school, home, etc for domestic reasons. Hey, Melo might hold the ball, but he is not a bad person!

EnySpree

4/17/2017  4:54 PM
I was waiting for someone to highlight that footnote lol.... the ny media aint ****
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/17/2017  4:57 PM
Oh brother. What a year for Melo.

Well, to me this seals it - now he's free to move on somewhere. He should go to Cleveland and try to get a ring with Bron. Or the Clippers to try to get CP3 out of the second round.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/17/2017  5:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2017  5:02 PM
OR maybe this will lead Melo and Phil to bond about their breakups this year, do some sticky ganja in the wilds of Montana with Joakim Noah, and Phil will re-sign Melo to an extension.

See EnySpree - you say it's hard to be a Knicks fan right now, you're right, but jesus look at the toll it takes on the guys in the spotlight. Fisher divorced while here, Phil broke up with Jeanie, now Melo and Lala.

One thing I will say - if y'all think Melo didn't give a **** and was only out for himself, I think this is some evidence that isn't true. This season WORE him down. He may not understand how to play the type of basketball Phil wants, he may be too stubborn about doing it his way (vs Phil who is stubborn about doing it his way)... but the guy wanted to succeed here. Just sad all around.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/17/2017  5:05 PM
I saw this and was sorry to hear it. I hate to see families break up. Been married for 29 years and it's never good to hear of a marriage on the rocks. Hopefully they can reconcile at some point.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

4/17/2017  5:37 PM
Went thru divorce myself last year. It's tough, but can definitely lead to a happier place for both. Wish him well. While I want him traded, I have always liked Melo. He's been professional and communicative as long as he's been here.
wargames
Member: #6053

4/17/2017  6:05 PM
One of the main hold ups was he had to go to either a contender or somewhere where LaLa could maximize her career. The problem was all those options were stretches based on cap space or team dynamics. Now after this I wouldn't be surprised if Melo has opened up his options.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/17/2017  6:19 PM
On the bright side, there are two less distractions for Melo to deal with....
She was showing signs of age anyway. She needed to be traded to a team with win-now aspirations. It's time to start looking at younger cheaper talent.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/17/2017  6:22 PM
wargames wrote:One of the main hold ups was he had to go to either a contender or somewhere where LaLa could maximize her career. The problem was all those options were stretches based on cap space or team dynamics. Now after this I wouldn't be surprised if Melo has opened up his options.

Divorces are unfortunate especially when children are involved...I still believe his son will play a role in his options. If LaLa remains in NY, Melo may still want to be close to his son...Something to think about.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/17/2017  8:57 PM
crzymdups wrote:OR maybe this will lead Melo and Phil to bond about their breakups this year, do some sticky ganja in the wilds of Montana with Joakim Noah, and Phil will re-sign Melo to an extension.

See EnySpree - you say it's hard to be a Knicks fan right now, you're right, but jesus look at the toll it takes on the guys in the spotlight. Fisher divorced while here, Phil broke up with Jeanie, now Melo and Lala.

One thing I will say - if y'all think Melo didn't give a **** and was only out for himself, I think this is some evidence that isn't true. This season WORE him down. He may not understand how to play the type of basketball Phil wants, he may be too stubborn about doing it his way (vs Phil who is stubborn about doing it his way)... but the guy wanted to succeed here. Just sad all around.

Yea agree.. I didnt realize Eny posted this already as I started a foot in mouth thread. I feel bad for the dude. Life is tough. He's young though. I was about the same age so he can def bounce back.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/17/2017  8:57 PM
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:One of the main hold ups was he had to go to either a contender or somewhere where LaLa could maximize her career. The problem was all those options were stretches based on cap space or team dynamics. Now after this I wouldn't be surprised if Melo has opened up his options.

Divorces are unfortunate especially when children are involved...I still believe his son will play a role in his options. If LaLa remains in NY, Melo may still want to be close to his son...Something to think about.

which is why I think it continues to be LA
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree

4/17/2017  10:11 PM
Melo supposedly had a kid outside of their marriage and has had unfaithful spells... lala supposedly had routine affairs with a few guys throughout the years as well. Marriage is tough but both of them have brought their own bottle to the bbq. It's hard when you are broke and your spouse changes the locks on you with nowhere to go. When you are rich and have money for lawyers its not as bad. They'll be ight
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/17/2017  10:15 PM
Knicks kill marriages, Larry had to do press in the street, Marbury did Vaseline, Walsh lost his legs, MDA needed a new Knee.....
Isaiah lost his mind over Anucha, Marbles got in the back of the truck, Felton got fried by a law student, Cleanthony got shot, and Eddy.....Oh, never mind.
This place is tough.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/17/2017  10:19 PM
Got divorced about 18 yrs ago...marriage a little shorter than Anthony's.

Luckily no kids for me...something which will make Melo's life more difficult.

Of course, I was never a public figure...No TMZ moments.

Not impossible that the Knicks' drama took a toll on his marriage...he and she might have had different ideas regarding the stay or go issue he was facing with the Knicks.

Seems that he will leave the Knicks...but this makes his end as a Knick even more difficult for him.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mlby1215
Member: #6486

4/17/2017  10:51 PM
 It is so sad to hear this.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/17/2017  11:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2017  11:08 PM
LaLa was an ain't **** bitch anyway. It seemed that so much of Melo's decision-making had to accomodate her, her vanity and her non-existent career at a time when she should've been grateful to have the opportunity to raise her 10 year old son without ever having to worry for want. More likely than not, she'll get rodded out by a couple dudes that won't give dusty **** about her, then pull a Larsa Pippen (Scottie Pippen's wife) and go back to the "good wife" act...if Melo allows her to come back.
NardDogNation

4/17/2017  11:17 PM
crzymdups wrote:Oh brother. What a year for Melo.

Well, to me this seals it - now he's free to move on somewhere. He should go to Cleveland and try to get a ring with Bron. Or the Clippers to try to get CP3 out of the second round.

...if the Clippers flounder I wouldn't ve surprised to see CP3 bolt to SAS this offseason. If that happens....I'm not even sure there'd even be much of a market left for Melo.

crzymdups
USA
4/17/2017  11:21 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Oh brother. What a year for Melo.

...if the Clippers flounder I wouldn't ve surprised to see CP3 bolt to SAS this offseason. If that happens....I'm not even sure there'd even be much of a market left for Melo.

That's true. I dunno. I think I could see CP3 rather playing with Melo in LA than going to San Antonio... but no real clue where CP3's head is. I've heard some theories the Clips would trade for Melo and also try to move Blake in a different deal to get another piece and shake things up.

I wonder if the Wizards might be an option again.

They're staring at maxing out Otto Porter and having very limited flexibility to improve, capwise. Melo's from Baltimore, could sell it as a pseudo return home.

¿ △ ?
NardDogNation

4/17/2017  11:28 PM
EnySpree wrote:Melo supposedly had a kid outside of their marriage and has had unfaithful spells... lala supposedly had routine affairs with a few guys throughout the years as well. Marriage is tough but both of them have brought their own bottle to the bbq. It's hard when you are broke and your spouse changes the locks on you with nowhere to go. When you are rich and have money for lawyers its not as bad. They'll be ight

Melo's rich. LaLa does cameos in TV shows and movies. If they do formalize that seperation, Melo will be the one getting screwed when his assets get divided between the two.

Carmelo Anthony and wife La La separated after 7 years of marriage (TMZ)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy