[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Phil's press conference
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/14/2017  4:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2017  4:22 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:He said he thought the players at the end of the year was successful...They played hard defense...He gets sucked in by Admunson, Galloway, Baker, Plumlee and N'Dour trying to stick in the NDA..These guy can't win games...

So I don't get a comment like this. Phil was obviously talking about playing team ball and what that takes. Max effort and moving and passing and defense. And in those terms he found it better.

Winning/not winning, that may be a product of all of those things plus talent.

But he has to recognize who these guys are and why they are playing that way...They are trying to stick...Vets manage their time and minutes of the year..I think KP perfectly illustrates this...last year KP went all out and was flying all over the place..I thought this year, after playing a full season, he tried to manage his time and effort to be fresh over the course of a year..He go injured and didn't work out but vets won't do that game in and game out...Ball movement I get but the defense like that is taxing...

AUTOADVERT
holfresh

4/14/2017  4:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2017  4:25 PM
The thing is Dolan has to recognize Phil is out of his depths...Phil sounded like a coach not the leader of an organization..He think he has to mentor more...Which is telling you he doesn't think Hornacek and Rambis are ready for the job as coach...
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/14/2017  4:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Rose wants to come back, Phil says he respects his attitude about redeeming himself.

I hope we're not just replacing Melo's $25 mil a year with Rose on a max or near max contract. That's even worse.

I hear ya.

Yup...and you know this is Rose's last big contract- he will not give us much of a break.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

4/14/2017  4:30 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about bringing back Rose.

I don't know if we can get a guy like Jrue Holiday, Teague, or George Hill in FA though.

Don't think Phil wants him back...no way.

He is not even a player that moves well without the ball, so if he is an off guard he will still have to do his normal thing.

If Rose had great court vision I'd put up with his defensive deficiencies, but perimeter D is essential.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

4/14/2017  4:32 PM
crzymdups wrote:I wonder if Courtney Lee will ask to be traded, too.

I thought Lee did pretty well in the Triangle...Rose and Melo are the guys who truly dislike it, IMO.
holfresh

4/14/2017  4:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2017  4:34 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I don't know if we can get a guy like Jrue Holiday, Teague, or George Hill in FA though.

He is not even a player that moves well without the ball, so if he is an off guard he will still have to do his normal thing.

If Rose had great court vision I'd put up with his defensive deficiencies, but perimeter D is essential.

He said Rose plays well with Noah...I think he brings Rose back so Noah doesn't die on the vine..

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/14/2017  4:33 PM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:He said he thought the players at the end of the year was successful...They played hard defense...He gets sucked in by Admunson, Galloway, Baker, Plumlee and N'Dour trying to stick in the NDA..These guy can't win games...

So I don't get a comment like this. Phil was obviously talking about playing team ball and what that takes. Max effort and moving and passing and defense. And in those terms he found it better.

But he has to recognize who these guys are and why they are playing that way...They are trying to stick...Vets manage their time and minutes of the year..I think KP perfectly illustrates this...last year KP went all out and was flying all over the place..I thought this year, after playing a full season, he tried to manage his time and effort to be fresh over the course of a year..He go injured and didn't work out but vets won't do that game in and game out...Ball movement I get but the defense like that is taxing...

WTF is that mean? The defense like that is taxing?

Max effort and team ball. You don't guy into that, get off the team. I understand playing smartly so as to not get injured but that's not really the point. The point is not taking plays off on one side of the court.

But he has to recognize who these guys are and why they are playing that way...They are trying to stick...Vets manage their time and minutes of the year

I don't get this either? You don't think Phil understand or recognize who these guys are? That they are fighting for jobs? Of course man. They are also playing the right way. Max effort and team ball. Get with the program or get out.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire

4/14/2017  4:34 PM
crzymdups wrote:I wonder if Courtney Lee will ask to be traded, too.

He should have some trade value...good contract...decent player...seems like a good locker room guy, too.

martin
USA
4/14/2017  4:35 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

He said Rose plays well with Noah...I think he brings Rose back so Noah doesn't die on the vine..

Man you take everything out of context or are not really paying attention. I think the statement was about previous to this year. That those guys had played together and maybe that would help the team and both of them out. It was quite clear to me that Rose is going to be an afterthought going forward.

holfresh

4/14/2017  4:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2017  4:44 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:

Max effort and team ball. You don't guy into that, get off the team. I understand playing smartly so as to not get injured but that's not really the point. The point is not taking plays off on one side of the court.

But he has to recognize who these guys are and why they are playing that way...They are trying to stick...Vets manage their time and minutes of the year

I don't get this either? You don't think Phil understand or recognize who these guys are? That they are fighting for jobs? Of course man. They are also playing the right way. Max effort and team ball. Get with the program or get out.

We could actually discuss this at length..First off Melo is not a 3..He is a 4 and the best defender at the position on this team...Are the Knicks willing to do that????..They won't do it because of KP...

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/14/2017  4:41 PM
I went into the press conference assuming Phil was done with Rose, but imho I think he did leave the door open a little to bringing him back. He mentioned working with him one on one. I think it's unlikely, but there might be a chance if the Knicks strike out in FA and Rose can't get a good offer elsewhere. I could see it happening, honestly.
¿ △ ?
holfresh

4/14/2017  4:43 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Man you take everything out of context or are not really paying attention. I think the statement was about previous to this year. That those guys had played together and maybe that would help the team and both of them out. It was quite clear to me that Rose is going to be an afterthought going forward.

Rose an after thought??...Michael kay was just discussing this with horror on 98.7 ESPN..You can go listen, I'm sure you can go back..They thought he indicated Rose is in play too...
martin
USA
4/14/2017  4:46 PM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:

We could actually discuss this at length..First off Melo is not a 3..He is a 4 and the best defender at the position on this team...Are the Knicks willing to do that????..They won't do it because of KP...

I don't want to discuss it at length.

MAX EFFORT. TEAM BALL. NO TAKING PLAYS OFF.

I have no clue what you want to talk about.

martin
USA
4/14/2017  4:46 PM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Rose an after thought??...Michael kay was just discussing this with horror on 98.7 ESPN..You can go listen, I'm sure you can go back..They thought he indicated Rose is in play too...

Who cares what Michael Kay thinks. I am just going by what was just spoken by Phil

holfresh

4/14/2017  4:47 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

You know what..I don't have the energy at the moment...We can pick this up later...The Organization is lost with Phil is what I took from that press conference..He has no plan...

WaltLongmire

4/14/2017  4:48 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I'll go gentleman's bet with you on that.

Think about the contract Rose would want at this point...and after all is said and done he ended the season yet with another leg injury.

Not going to lie...it is amazing how he can take it to the basket at will, and I don't care that he can't shoot well from 3 because his midrange Js are so efficient.

BUT his D is lame- he shows no scrappiness on that end, and you see him missing open looks all the time.

I'll be stunned if Phil offers him the 4y/$100M type contract he will be looking for.

holfresh

4/14/2017  4:49 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Who cares what Michael Kay thinks. I am just going by what was just spoken by Phil

So am I and others too..He definitely left the door open, I'm not sure what you heard, wishful thinking..But I don't think Rose returns anyway...

holfresh

4/14/2017  4:52 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Think about the contract Rose would want at this point...and after all is said and done he ended the season yet with another leg injury.

Not going to lie...it is amazing how he can take it to the basket at will, and I don't care that he can't shoot well from 3 because his midrange Js are so efficient.

BUT his D is lame- he shows no scrappiness on that end, and you see him missing open looks all the time.

I'll be stunned if Phil offers him the 4y/$100M type contract he will be looking for.

If that is your position then this should concern you...He will be looking for a player to replace Melo..He said he isn't rebuilding like Chicago because they have been doing it since 1999..

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/14/2017  4:52 PM
stupid contradicting statements like "MELO PLAYED GREAT IN HIS ROLE FOR US HE PRETTY MUCH CARRIED THE LOAD, BUT WE CAN'T WIN WITH HIM. that should have been followed up with , "And we have zero shot without him"
ES
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/14/2017  4:56 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Yeah no one is saying that though. No one will give Rose that money, particularly after his most recent injury. I think it is very fair to say Phil specifically left the door open for a Rose return. I think the circumstances would have to be - the Knicks strike out in FA and Rose doesn't get a good offer from anywhere else, the Knicks may make him a modest offer. I don't know if it's likely. But I could certainly see it happening. Phil definitely left the door open if you watch him talking about Rose.

¿ △ ?
Phil's press conference

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy