He loves Noah...hahahahaha
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/14/2017  3:41 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:It was a good press conference. May not agree with everything but he was honest.

I disagree and thought it was terrible and lame. He didn't seem to take ownership for his mistakes at all.

he did say the buck stops here so he did indicate that he hasnt done the job. I do agree he should have definetly taken ownership for the noah signing

Before he said the bucks stops here he said something to the affect that he didn't take a single dribble or make any substitutions and then said but the bucks stop with him. That is not taking ownership. That's saying its not my fault but I will claim its my fault in front of the media but like I said I didn't do anything wrong.

The dude is not a leader at all.

U saw that...

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/14/2017  3:42 PM
crzymdups wrote:Reactions from press folks who used to cover the Knicks but work elsewhere and no longer have to be impartial

Like I said before Phil is a walking contradiction.

Gudris
Member: #6213

4/14/2017  3:45 PM
holfresh wrote:It's crazy that he endorses Noah and Rose and dumps on Melo...Amazing

He needs coachable players, not big ego stars who are resisting, look at spurs, no big ego players there, they team EGO not personal

yellowboy90

4/14/2017  3:45 PM
holfresh wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:It was a good press conference. May not agree with everything but he was honest.

I disagree and thought it was terrible and lame. He didn't seem to take ownership for his mistakes at all.

he did say the buck stops here so he did indicate that he hasnt done the job. I do agree he should have definetly taken ownership for the noah signing

Before he said the bucks stops here he said something to the affect that he didn't take a single dribble or make any substitutions and then said but the bucks stop with him. That is not taking ownership. That's saying its not my fault but I will claim its my fault in front of the media but like I said I didn't do anything wrong.

The dude is not a leader at all.

U saw that...

I had the quote wrong but here it is.

holfresh

4/14/2017  3:46 PM
What you saw is a guy who shouldn't be the President of Basketball Operations...Phil doesn't know how to lead an organization..He is a coach at heart...
yellowboy90

4/14/2017  3:48 PM
Gudris wrote:
holfresh wrote:It's crazy that he endorses Noah and Rose and dumps on Melo...Amazing

He needs coachable players, not big ego stars who are resisting, look at spurs, no big ego players there, they team EGO not personal

If that's the case he really needs to talk to the man in charge about the personnel he is bringing in.

holfresh

4/14/2017  3:49 PM
Phil was actually talking against a full rebuild...He said look at Chicago and they started in 1999 and still haven't done anything...he said he is trying to win now...
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/14/2017  3:51 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Gudris wrote:

If that's the case he really needs to talk to the man in charge about the personnel he is bringing in.

Phil has cycled through 70 players in 3 years. There's only 450 in the league. So in another 15 we should know the ones who can play the triangle.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

4/14/2017  3:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2017  3:55 PM
He said he thought the players at the end of the year was successful...They played hard defense...He gets sucked in by Admunson, Galloway, Baker, Plumlee and N'Dour trying to stick in the NBA..These guy can't win games...
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

4/14/2017  3:55 PM
holfresh wrote:Phil was actually talking against a full rebuild...He said look at Chicago and they started in 1999 and still haven't done anything...he said he is trying to win now...
yeah i didnt like that. We need to continue to focus on younger players. Yes its important to get veterans to fill around but they shouldnt be the focus
StarksEwing1

4/14/2017  3:56 PM
holfresh wrote:He said he thought the players at the end of the year was successful...They played hard defense...He gets sucked in by Admunson, Galloway, Baker, Plumlee and N'Dour trying to stick in the NBA..These guy can't win games...
baker is a keeper though. Not saying he is great but he sure ran the offense better than rose and played d
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/14/2017  3:56 PM
holfresh wrote:He said he thought the players at the end of the year was successful...They played hard defense...He gets sucked in by Admunson, Galloway, Baker, Plumlee and N'Dour trying to stick in the NDA..These guy can't win games...

So I don't get a comment like this. Phil was obviously talking about playing team ball and what that takes. Max effort and moving and passing and defense. And in those terms he found it better.

Winning/not winning, that may be a product of all of those things plus talent.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1

4/14/2017  3:57 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:He said he thought the players at the end of the year was successful...They played hard defense...He gets sucked in by Admunson, Galloway, Baker, Plumlee and N'Dour trying to stick in the NDA..These guy can't win games...

So I don't get a comment like this. Phil was obviously talking about playing team ball and what that takes. Max effort and moving and passing and defense. And in those terms he found it better.

Winning/not winning, that may be a product of all of those things plus talent.

good post martin
crzymdups
USA
4/14/2017  3:58 PM

Phil was a lunch pail type player. So was Rambis. I read someone say that their theory is that guys in the NBA once they manage, they look for guys who play like they did. I kinda think that's what Phil is good at. The problem is selling his system to stars. As a coach he could do it. As a president he has not been able to do so. We think KP buys in for now. But it will be interesting to see where that goes. Let's not forget that KP has said over and over he wants Melo here because he's aware Melo shields him from criticism and draws a lot of attention on the court. With Melo gone, KP will have a big bullseye on his back in the press and on the floor. Especially if Phil is saying they want to be competitive. It'll be interesting.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

4/14/2017  3:58 PM
He said his agreement with Dolan was not to win a Championship but to create a culture like New England, Spurs, etc...
StarksEwing1

4/14/2017  4:00 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Phil was a lunch pail type player. So was Rambis. I read someone say that their theory is that guys in the NBA once they manage, they look for guys who play like they did. I kinda think that's what Phil is good at. The problem is selling his system to stars. As a coach he could do it. As a president he has not been able to do so. We think KP buys in for now. But it will be interesting to see where that goes. Let's not forget that KP has said over and over he wants Melo here because he's aware Melo shields him from criticism and draws a lot of attention on the court. With Melo gone, KP will have a big bullseye on his back in the press and on the floor. Especially if Phil is saying they want to be competitive. It'll be interesting.

KP isnt the type of guy who would say he wants someone gone so that doesnt mean we should keep him. Regardless it looks like melo wants out
crzymdups
USA
4/14/2017  4:10 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

KP isnt the type of guy who would say he wants someone gone so that doesnt mean we should keep him. Regardless it looks like melo wants out

Yes, of course it's time to move on from Melo. Next year will be very interesting to observe the development of the culture here.

¿ △ ?
Phil's press conference

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy