Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

4/14/2017  11:18 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

It's really amazing how some people here don't get that Phil and Dolan are straight up reviled around the league.

Right..Harvey Araton who hates Melo said earlier that all the Knick players hate Phil..But many here like to pretend it's just a Melo/Phil thing...And Melo is the only guy resistant to the triangle..I believe Melo was the spokeman during the infamous meeting where they told Phil they wanted to move away from the triangle..So Phil is probably lying in the presser saying the guys at the top(Melo) was resistant..But it was the entire team...Phil want to make an example of Melo I think...

Lying like that is how you lose KP's loyalty....

PLEASE! KP said he likes the Triangle and thinks the team should've focused on it from day one. THe Kids all seemed to love playing Team Ball in the Motion Offense. I just don't think the narrative you want to be true is supported by the facts.

“We’re starting to learn it now the way we should [and] we should have been playing from the beginning of the season,” Porzingis said “So we’re a little behind. But every game we’re getting a little better. Hopefully, I don’t know when, we can start using it properly and making some impact playing it.”

“I like the triangle,” Porzingis said. “My first season, the whole first season we played nothing but the triangle so I know it pretty well. I like the offense. It can only work if everybody believes in it and everybody executes it the right way.”

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/kristaps-porzingis-a-fan-of-the-knicks-triangle-offense-1.13193523

I admire your unwavering loyalty to Knicks management, but KP just skipped the exit interview. That's not a sign that he loves anything about playing here.

This is the toxic Melo influence on Porzingis. He's beginning to act like a prima donna [like melo].

Earlier in the season, Porzingis looked like he sprained an ankle in a game and the crowd reacted like all Knicks fans are conditioned to and gasped expecting the worst. Later, Porzingis could be seen on the bench joking about the fan reaction saying something to the effect of "Did you see them all holding their breath".

Nothing wrong with it per se but to me it signals a self-awareness of his own value to the team. If that's channeled into growing into a mature leader that will be great. but if it is channeled into becoming another self-centered, self-serving Melo character - trade him now. The Knicks need a Tim Duncan and not an ego-centric attention sink.

Porzingis has to be careful not to devolve into a NY train wreck by surrounding himself with a bad crowd. Whoever advised him to skip the exit interview is a bad crowd.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/14/2017  11:27 PM
fwk00 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

It's really amazing how some people here don't get that Phil and Dolan are straight up reviled around the league.

Right..Harvey Araton who hates Melo said earlier that all the Knick players hate Phil..But many here like to pretend it's just a Melo/Phil thing...And Melo is the only guy resistant to the triangle..I believe Melo was the spokeman during the infamous meeting where they told Phil they wanted to move away from the triangle..So Phil is probably lying in the presser saying the guys at the top(Melo) was resistant..But it was the entire team...Phil want to make an example of Melo I think...

PLEASE! KP said he likes the Triangle and thinks the team should've focused on it from day one. THe Kids all seemed to love playing Team Ball in the Motion Offense. I just don't think the narrative you want to be true is supported by the facts.

“We’re starting to learn it now the way we should [and] we should have been playing from the beginning of the season,” Porzingis said “So we’re a little behind. But every game we’re getting a little better. Hopefully, I don’t know when, we can start using it properly and making some impact playing it.”

“I like the triangle,” Porzingis said. “My first season, the whole first season we played nothing but the triangle so I know it pretty well. I like the offense. It can only work if everybody believes in it and everybody executes it the right way.”

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/kristaps-porzingis-a-fan-of-the-knicks-triangle-offense-1.13193523

I admire your unwavering loyalty to Knicks management, but KP just skipped the exit interview. That's not a sign that he loves anything about playing here.

This is the toxic Melo influence on Porzingis. He's beginning to act like a prima donna [like melo].

Earlier in the season, Porzingis looked like he sprained an ankle in a game and the crowd reacted like all Knicks fans are conditioned to and gasped expecting the worst. Later, Porzingis could be seen on the bench joking about the fan reaction saying something to the effect of "Did you see them all holding their breath".

Nothing wrong with it per se but to me it signals a self-awareness of his own value to the team. If that's channeled into growing into a mature leader that will be great. but if it is channeled into becoming another self-centered, self-serving Melo character - trade him now. The Knicks need a Tim Duncan and not an ego-centric attention sink.

Porzingis has to be careful not to devolve into a NY train wreck by surrounding himself with a bad crowd. Whoever advised him to skip the exit interview is a bad crowd.

The bad crowd must have told him to make the top down comment as well. Do you see him as someone who isn't an independent thinker?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
4/14/2017  11:29 PM
fwk00 wrote:
buddapaw wrote:Even with cap space, top tier stars will never come here. If Phil didn't like the packages he was offered before, wait until he sees the offers he will get next time. He has to sell low because the world knows he wants to get rid of Melo. That's why I am pissed about his antics because he is undercutting the value of Melo, which is ****ing stupid. Sales 101. He put the Knicks in a even lower position of weakness in trading melo. I would lowball him all day. Jeff never ran the triangle, how the holy hell he is supposed to coach a system that he has no experience with? That's why they were a little better under Fisher

If you watched the press conference Phil talked about Red Holzman always saying, "It's not rocket science." It's about doing the right thing on the court. Movement, passing, taking the correct shot. When that stuff is formalized it becomes a system, call it what you want.

Hornacek, in his presser, said the Knicks didn't play defense and the team could use one or two who know how so that it becomes contagious. Is that hard to understand? Is there an excuse that Phil doesn't talk to the press that changes that?

But, but, but - MELO "WANTS TO WIN!!!!!!!"

I'm not a basketball coach but I think if you score more points and hold the opposition to fewer - you, well WIN. How does refusing to play for a coach and undermining what he's trying to accomplish qualify Melo to say, "I WANT TO WIN, THAT'S ALL."

It seems pretty obvious doesn't it? Others just don't get it eh?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/14/2017  11:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

The bad crowd must have told him to make the top down comment as well. Do you see him as someone who isn't an independent thinker?

Players talk all the time and he may be influenced by Melo's thinking on things. This isn't far fetched at all. Melo is an idol for KP and who knows what Melo has been saying to KP all year. I doubt it's positive and constructive stuff about Phil.

fwk00

4/14/2017  11:44 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Players talk all the time and he may be influenced by Melo's thinking on things. This isn't far fetched at all. Melo is an idol for KP and who knows what Melo has been saying to KP all year. I doubt it's positive and constructive stuff about Phil.

This is a real concern. Porzingis follows Melo around like a puppy dog and seems to mimic the pseudo-street behavior he sees. This is the usual juvenile stuff but Porzingis has become psychologically dependent on melo in a disturbing way.

A summer with Dirk would be a very good thing.

wargames
Member: #6053

4/14/2017  11:47 PM
fwk00 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

This is a real concern. Porzingis follows Melo around like a puppy dog and seems to mimic the pseudo-street behavior he sees. This is the usual juvenile stuff but Porzingis has become psychologically dependent on melo in a disturbing way.

A summer with Dirk would be a very good thing.

I think you guys are overthinking this

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
fwk00

4/15/2017  12:17 AM
http://www.msgnetworks.com/2017/04/14/jackson-delivers-on-melo-questions/
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/15/2017  12:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2017  12:36 AM
It is tough to realize for many fans that we should get behind the team which is just starting the rebuilding process.
After many years of going nowhere, dreadful drama, and endless losing Knicks fans think they deserve better.
And this is fair thinking.
But life is not fair, in fact life is a bitch.
It is very convenient to place the blame on the messenger who happens to be Phil.
This is the main thing he was paid for - to have moral authority and guts to step up and make a point that this team sucks.
And that it is time to start from the ground up and for once do it right.
So if you want continue to be a fans of Knicks team it is time to get used to new reality, reality of rebuilding, players development, many new young faces and groving pains. Otherwise it is time to start looking for new team together with Melo. And it is nothing wrong with it.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
dwiley20
Member: #5755

4/15/2017  3:15 AM
Thank you Phil for keeping in real " we can't win with Carmelo". Finally let's move on from him
wargames
Member: #6053

4/15/2017  3:19 AM
arkrud wrote:It is tough to realize for many fans that we should get behind the team which is just starting the rebuilding process.
After many years of going nowhere, dreadful drama, and endless losing Knicks fans think they deserve better.
And this is fair thinking.
But life is not fair, in fact life is a bitch.
It is very convenient to place the blame on the messenger who happens to be Phil.
This is the main thing he was paid for - to have moral authority and guts to step up and make a point that this team sucks.
And that it is time to start from the ground up and for once do it right.
So if you want continue to be a fans of Knicks team it is time to get used to new reality, reality of rebuilding, players development, many new young faces and groving pains. Otherwise it is time to start looking for new team together with Melo. And it is nothing wrong with it.

I agree with this. ALao he doesn't need to trade Melo but it would make the rebuild easier. It's about time

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/15/2017  3:39 AM
dwiley20 wrote:Thank you Phil for keeping in real " we can't win with Carmelo". Finally let's move on from him

Exactly- I don't get what those blasting Phil disagree with

Melo holds the ball
Melo has aged
We haven't won with Melo
We can't build a winner in melo's time frame
Melo needs to be traded
We want team ball
We want players who are skilled and play defense all game
We want unselfish players who play a team game
We need to rebuild

How is he wrong? Didn't like his comments on Rose at all, but the general thrust of what he was saying is what we've all been saying.

smackeddog
4/15/2017  3:45 AM
Loved Phil's response to media asking why he criticized Melo- said he didn't criticizes him, he said melo holding the ball- thats not a criticism, thats a FACT, and (this is the bit the media hasn't tweeted, "The person better be able to take that if they're going to be coached, or else they can't be part of this organization... if you're a basketball player, you've got to be able to be coached"

+100000000000000000000000000000000000

smackeddog
4/15/2017  3:58 AM
holfresh wrote:

I think thats particularly directed at the BS Phil was saying about how he immediately approached Melo after all that heat about the Ding article, and that things were very cordial between them and that he never criticized him

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

4/15/2017  9:32 AM
these are basically my thoughts exactly

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/15/2017  10:38 AM
callmened wrote:these are basically my thoughts exactly

I know its a a lot of pages on this thread...but I posted this on page 8, I believe...

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

4/15/2017  10:40 AM
Uptown wrote:
I know its a a lot of pages on this thread...but I posted this on page 8, I believe...

oh geez sorry man!

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/15/2017  10:42 AM
callmened wrote:
Uptown wrote:

oh geez sorry man!

No problem...Francesa's comments reflect my own and have for some time...

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/15/2017  10:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:Thank you Phil for keeping in real " we can't win with Carmelo". Finally let's move on from him

Melo holds the ball
Melo has aged
We haven't won with Melo
Melo needs to be traded
We want team ball
We need to rebuild

How is he wrong? Didn't like his comments on Rose at all, but the general thrust of what he was saying is what we've all been saying.

Phil should really sit down and have a talk with the guy who gave Melo the largest contract in the league at the time and threw in the trade kicker and NTC.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/15/2017  10:48 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Melo holds the ball
Melo has aged
We haven't won with Melo
Melo needs to be traded
We want team ball
We need to rebuild

Phil should really sit down and have a talk with the guy who gave Melo the largest contract in the league at the time and threw in the trade kicker and NTC.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/15/2017  10:49 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Melo holds the ball
Melo has aged
We haven't won with Melo
Melo needs to be traded
We want team ball
We need to rebuild

I recently heard that that guy had a talk with Melo to reassure him that he went be dumped anywhere and that they would work together to find a contending team to help better his career. Now that's a good G.M. Who wouldn't want a guy like that to talk to a player who he gave a ntc like he doesn't have a ntc.

Phil's press conference

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy