[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA playoffs Thread
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
5/1/2017  10:39 PM
MDA has the Rockets going all SSOL on the Spurs plus playin D! Hell has frozen over!
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/1/2017  11:05 PM
nixluva wrote:MDA has the Rockets going all SSOL on the Spurs plus playin D! Hell has frozen over!

If the Rockets get by the Spurs--and its early--weve seen this in sports before--and give a good show against GS==then Fultz will go #1. The James Harden model --the big scoring PG will be the hit.

The Spurs have too many older players--a few too many.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
5/1/2017  11:49 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:MDA has the Rockets going all SSOL on the Spurs plus playin D! Hell has frozen over!

If the Rockets get by the Spurs--and its early--weve seen this in sports before--and give a good show against GS==then Fultz will go #1. The James Harden model --the big scoring PG will be the hit.

The Spurs have too many older players--a few too many.

The Rockets are actually punking the Spurs which is crazy 😜

Spurs gotta figure something out cuz the Rockets will be happy to keep playing uptempo on them.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/2/2017  12:07 AM
I'm rooting for MDA. Just goes to show how that system really works when players buy in.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/2/2017  12:09 AM
Vmart wrote:I'm rooting for MDA. Just goes to show how that system really works when players buy in.

buy in, play defense, and make good shot selections...

Vmart
USA
5/2/2017  12:16 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:I'm rooting for MDA. Just goes to show how that system really works when players buy in.

That is so true. I think you can say that about all systems including triangle. What is the common component for it to not work?

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/2/2017  12:44 AM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

That is so true. I think you can say that about all systems including triangle. What is the common component for it to not work?

Not having a top 5 player running your system?

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
5/2/2017  12:57 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Having your best player buy in along with the entire team. Having your Prez and GM 100% behind you and giving you the players you need to run your system. MDA hasn't changed but his management has faith in him and worked with him and not against him.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/2/2017  1:07 AM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Having your best player buy in along with the entire team. Having your Prez and GM 100% behind you and giving you the players you need to run your system. MDA hasn't changed but his management has faith in him and worked with him and not against him.

So you're saying the reason the Spurs lost tonight is that their best player wasn't buying in? I wonder if Kawhi is on the block...

¿ △ ?
GustavBahler

5/2/2017  9:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/2/2017  9:39 AM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Defense is more important now, so is shot selection. With the Knicks, players were just jacking up shots the second they got behind the three point line, didnt matter if someone was covering them.

Please dont pretend that D'Antoni hasn't altered his game plan at all. He learned how to become a more effective coach, no shame in that.

Vmart
USA
5/2/2017  9:46 AM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

So you're saying the reason the Spurs lost tonight is that their best player wasn't buying in? I wonder if Kawhi is on the block...

WTF

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/2/2017  10:07 AM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

crzymdups, this is the type of posting that really hurts you and any other who suddenly turn that way and the forums in general. It's obvious that the full conversation was about the team and organization, why go for the obvious low blow?

Can we pick up the tenor of the conversation and just run with that instead of trying to be spiteful?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
USA
5/2/2017  10:13 AM
I'm feeling bad for the Raptors, not because they got beat by the Cavs more because the Pacers did nothing. They didn't extend the series and put wear and tear on the Cavs. It's not like Cavs were on their A game too. All they did was give the Cavs rest heal from any nagging injuries they might have.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

5/2/2017  3:43 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

If Houston does somehow make it to the WCF, they will be doing it with a Batman sans Robin. Not sure you can make a case for any player in Harden's supporting cast even deserving consideration for an All-Star or All-NBA 3ed team vote.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/2/2017  5:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/2/2017  5:06 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Is Kwahi not top 5?
When you get past first round of the playoffs, aren't most good teams kind of have better players, and if so, aren't they buying in?
Are you saying that if you don't have a top 5 player, don't run a system at all?
At some point, isn't a top 5 player himself "THE SYSTEM"? Lebron does what he does and makes others better. Harden took it up a notch with MDA, but he was pretty darn good before.
Yes, Knicks need better players. System or not. We get it.

GustavBahler

5/2/2017  10:51 PM
Give Isaiah the MVP. Wow, what a season.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/2/2017  10:54 PM
Bradley clearly grabbed Walls hand on that steal...typical Boston Garden BS....I hate the F***** Celtics!
TPercy
Member: #5748

5/2/2017  11:33 PM
teams complaining about bad calls? I could only wonder how that feels.

These playoffs justfify how important guard play is. A guard who can consistently damage the defense in multiple ways.

The Future is Bright!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/4/2017  11:18 AM
I still dont get how Harden gets away with this.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/4/2017  3:24 PM

We need to add "MeloShaming" to the list?

2017 NBA playoffs Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy