[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA playoffs Thread
Author Thread
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

5/30/2017  6:27 PM
We get a long week rest from the boring WCF and the boring ECF.
Once upon a time the best NBA playoff series were the WCF and the ECF .. What happen???
AUTOADVERT
Kemet

5/31/2017  3:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/31/2017  3:57 PM
The NBA Finals are this week and all i been hearing from NBA sports announcers n writers are the Lebron vs MJ comparison.
Its hard and difficult to compare players from different era's .. It was hard to compare who was better between the two super-stars Magic Johnson vs Larry Bird in the 1980's era which had a career high of the most elite star players all around the NBA league, teams back then needed 4 star players on a team to win a playoff championship the fact n proof were in the Pistons Bad Boys consecutive championship.

In the 1990's NBA era the elite star level of players decrease in the NBA by 50% handing the Chicago Bulls MJ and Pippin and Cartwright/Rodman the title over two star-player teams like Utah Jazz Stocton and Malone vs Rockets Olyjuwon and Drexler vs Knicks Ewing and Starks vs Suns Barkley and K.Johnson, NBA teams in the 90's only needed 3 star players on a team to win a playoff championship.

In the 2000's era NBA teams only needed two star players to win a NBA playoff championship like the LA Lakers Shaq and Kobe vs Spurs Duncan and Parker, because the elite star level of players around the league has decrease (Big-Time) from the 1980's era to the 2000's era by 75% .. SAD!

In 2008. three of the NBA star players joined the Boston Celtics team to win a championship title having a Big-3 team making half of the NBA fans highly upset. Why? Because the other 29 NBA teams in the league were INFERIOR.
In 2010 three NBA star FA players signed up to join the Miami Heat team making 90% of NBA fans angry/mad/and HATERS of the BIG-3 on Miami Heat team.
In 2015-16 the GS Warriors elite roster won the most games in the history of the NBA regular season 73 wins, but GS Warriors couldn't win the championship title.
In the 2016 offseason the GS Warriors elite roster added one of the NBA Top-3 super-star players (Durant) to their roster. Not one peep of anger from any NBA fan. The 2016-17 GS Warriors super-elite roster SWEPT all three playoff series to make it to the FINALS

JabStepDagger7
Member: #7497

6/1/2017  10:30 AM
Game 1: Cavs
Game 2: Warriors
Game 3: Warriors
Game 4: Cavs
Game 5: Warriors
Game 6: Cavs
Game 7: Cavs
Kemet

6/1/2017  9:44 PM
Ok Lebron Haters .. I got $5 bucks say the Cavs win the first game of the FINALS .. who got me?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/2/2017  7:05 AM
It's not a good sign for the Cavs that Draymond and Klay shot 6 for 28 and they still got blown out.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/2/2017  10:25 PM
I got the Warriors in 5...Warriors won 73 last yr, and the Cavs had the greatest comeback in finals history on the backs of 3 straight heroic games from Kyrie and LeBron. Warriros add the second best player in the world to their already stacked roster and the Cavs are supposed to compete with that? I dont see it....I'd be shocked if the Cavs were to win this series...
Kemet

6/4/2017  5:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/4/2017  5:59 PM
Uptown wrote:I got the Warriors in 5...Warriors won 73 last yr, and the Cavs had the greatest comeback in finals history on the backs of 3 straight heroic games from Kyrie and LeBron. Warriros add the second best player in the world to their already stacked roster and the Cavs are supposed to compete with that? I dont see it....I'd be shocked if the Cavs were to win this series...

I would not be shocked if the Cavs won this FINALS in 7 games so the network could make back the money they loss on the WEAK conference Finals .. last year i was upset angry and shocked at the NBA officials in the OKC vs GS series when Green got his shot block and kicked Steven Adams in the groin.
OKC lead the series vs GS Warriors 3-1 .. Westbrook/Durant/Adams/Ibaka/and Kanter outplayed n outsmarted the GS Warriors the first four games of the series. The next 3 games OKC BUM Coach Billy Donovan played small-ball vs a SSOL GS team giving GS 3 straight wins so the network could get great ratings on a rematch GS vs Cavs in the FINALS.
If u dont understand .. Thursday game the Cavs played small-ball by giving Triston Thomas 20 minute of playing-time, plus never let the frontcourt trio of Triston/Love/Jefferson dominate the paint area from Green in the 2nd half of the game.

Sinix
Member: #7495

6/4/2017  6:33 PM
Wonder if Lebron has a pre planned excuse for tonight's inevitable blow out.

Maybe his cramps will act up again.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/4/2017  8:36 PM
Cavs need to get younger, faster. Maybe more 30 somethings on the roster than they should have against such a fast team like GS.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/4/2017  10:22 PM
It must be nice to use your 7ft sf as a 4 when your 6'7 pf has foul trouble.
Bonn1997
USA
6/5/2017  7:48 AM
It's really exciting to watch these 3 all-time greats go at it. KD is making a case that he's just as good as Lebron. Lebron might still be giving a little more production (especially with the assists) but he also has to since he doesn't have as strong a supporting cast. That sequence where KD blocked Love and then made that off balance shot was crazy. Love has played pretty well actually. He can't be expected to keep up with KD. Irving has been a disappointment. Love is Lebron's only teammate that's shown up.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/5/2017  10:04 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:It's really exciting to watch these 3 all-time greats go at it. KD is making a case that he's just as good as Lebron. Lebron might still be giving a little more production (especially with the assists) but he also has to since he doesn't have as strong a supporting cast. That sequence where KD blocked Love and then made that off balance shot was crazy. Love has played pretty well actually. He can't be expected to keep up with KD. Irving has been a disappointment. Love is Lebron's only teammate that's shown up.

Strong a supporting cast? LeBron has three all stars on his team.

Bonn1997
USA
6/5/2017  11:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/5/2017  11:21 AM
Vmart wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:It's really exciting to watch these 3 all-time greats go at it. KD is making a case that he's just as good as Lebron. Lebron might still be giving a little more production (especially with the assists) but he also has to since he doesn't have as strong a supporting cast. That sequence where KD blocked Love and then made that off balance shot was crazy. Love has played pretty well actually. He can't be expected to keep up with KD. Irving has been a disappointment. Love is Lebron's only teammate that's shown up.

Strong a supporting cast? LeBron has three all stars on his team.

The Warriors have 4 all-stars and 2 MVPs. I didn't say Lebron had a weak supporting cast. It's pretty good actually but it's not as strong as KD's. Without KD, the Warriors are still very good. Without Lebron, I'm not sure the Cavs even make the playoffs.
yellowboy90

6/5/2017  9:06 PM
I feel Kawhi would look as good as Durant if he was on the warriors which is why I am not going to overeact like other people about what Durant is doing so far.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/5/2017  9:26 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I feel Kawhi would look as good as Durant if he was on the warriors which is why I am not going to overeact like other people about what Durant is doing so far.

Less pressure to have a monster game every night. They were monsters before Durant got there.

Bonn1997
USA
6/5/2017  9:40 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I feel Kawhi would look as good as Durant if he was on the warriors which is why I am not going to overeact like other people about what Durant is doing so far.

A 28 year old Michael Jordan also would look great on the Warriors. It doesn't negate what Durant is doing. I don't think Kawhi is quite the scorer that KD is though and I definitely don't see him adding 5 blocks in a game.

yellowboy90

6/6/2017  1:32 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

A 28 year old Michael Jordan also would look great on the Warriors. It doesn't negate what Durant is doing. I don't think Kawhi is quite the scorer that KD is though and I definitely don't see him adding 5 blocks in a game.

It doesn't negate it but I think it amplifies it just a bit. He is in the top 3 of best players but I think people are overreacting by putting him at one. Kawhi might not be the scorer Durant is but it is getting close and I think he is a better defender despite Leonard having a down year and Durant having a good year.

Kemet

6/6/2017  10:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/6/2017  10:23 PM
Durant called out Lebron for going to MIA.... then he did the same. If he played like this in last year WCF, OKC wouldn't have blown a 3-1 lead.

Would somebody protect the rim and send somebody into the cameramen?

Still.... Game 3 will be the critical test. I expected this to go 6 or 7, and I figured most games would be laughers.... the team who won cruised to victory. We'd probably get 1 close, back and forth in the fourth, compelling game.

The role and bench players normally shine brighter at home in these playoff games. Boistered by their fans, it's normally the home bench that wins.... With that said, this means that in CLE,
Watch JR, Jefferson, Deron and the bunch start raining 3s.....

It's not a series until the home team loses.... I do believe GSW is the better team.... 4 all-stars vs Lebron .. I just wonder if the will of Lebron supersedes that avalanche of talent?

This year, however, CLE must win both Games 3 and 4.... if GSW splits, the Warriors close this out Game 5.

Bonn1997
USA
6/7/2017  9:17 AM
I'd say 7 blocks counts as protecting the rim. The league doesn't want the kind of physical play you're talking about (and I don't either actually). There's boxing, football, and hockey for that.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/7/2017  10:32 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:I'd say 7 blocks counts as protecting the rim. The league doesn't want the kind of physical play you're talking about (and I don't either actually). There's boxing, football, and hockey for that.

Football has gotten less physical also for safety reasons. I like some physical play in NBA but not when physical play is used to take advantage of the superior teams. Charles Oakley, Rick Mahorn are perfect example of scrubs using physical play to stick around in the league. The so called enforcers/ goons.

There is a fine line between good defense and physical play. I think JVG said it best in the post you can get away with so much contact but on the perimeter all the player has to do is wave the hand and it's a shooting foul. The disparity is huge between post play and perimeter play because of this even bigs are now moving out to the perimeter. That is the part that has me more disappointed in the league they are totally destroying post play. Post play to me is an art getting position getting a shot off. The turn around jumper is all but a lost art gone the way of the hook shot.

Now it's a barrage of jumpers and threes and a wide open lane for layups and dunks. Now if there is a contact with a player going to the basket it's almost a toss up for a flagrant at the interpretation of the ref. Another thing I don't like is players are not allowed to be emotional they can slap a player with a T for it.

One thing that needs to come back is hand checking they need to bring it back.

2017 NBA playoffs Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy