[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA playoffs Thread
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/11/2017  9:22 AM
Thomas handles the ball with spatulas. You can hit him with a palming violation almost every time.
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/11/2017  7:19 PM
kawhi is out tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/11/2017  9:17 PM
LMAO @ Jalen Rose...He said the Rockets need to get Harden out of that sunken place..
Uptown

5/11/2017  9:18 PM
In an elimination game, how do you as a possible MVP of the league only take two shots?! Harden has more turnovers than pts in the first half...
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/11/2017  9:26 PM
Uptown wrote:In an elimination game, how do you as a possible MVP of the league only take two shots?! Harden has more turnovers than pts in the first half...

Seems like that rejection by Manu to close the last game really got inside his head. Looks gun shy.

sidsanders
Member: #2426

5/11/2017  10:23 PM
SA minus 2 key players, 5-22 from 3, 7-13 ft, wins by almost 40 -- it helped houston was dreadful from 2 (only made 9 non 3s) and poor from 3 as well.
GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
GustavBahler

5/11/2017  10:23 PM
I'm sure Nix will be the first to agree that this stunning defeat by Mike D'Antoni's Rockets (at home) shall live on in shame long after the NBA is no more.
Uptown

5/11/2017  10:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:In an elimination game, how do you as a possible MVP of the league only take two shots?! Harden has more turnovers than pts in the first half...

Seems like that rejection by Manu to close the last game really got inside his head. Looks gun shy.

The Rockets didn't have much energy at all...No sense of urgency for an elimination game....

CrushAlot
USA
5/11/2017  10:40 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

The Rockets didn't have much energy at all...No sense of urgency for an elimination game....

Yeah and they couldn't even go on a run when they came out to start the third.
GustavBahler

5/11/2017  10:51 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Harden's teammates feed off of his aggressiveness. He took one shot in a quarter and a half, which really threw them off, and they never recovered. Harden has a history of these kinds of collapses in big games going back to OKC.

If Westbrook wasnt a lock for MVP, pretty sure he is now.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/12/2017  11:17 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Harden's teammates feed off of his aggressiveness. He took one shot in a quarter and a half, which really threw them off, and they never recovered. Harden has a history of these kinds of collapses in big games going back to OKC.

If Westbrook wasnt a lock for MVP, pretty sure he is now.

MVP is already voted on. And if anything, wins matter and Rockets did beat OKC. Harden is not superhuman, either he is hurt or cooked.
Team and system play create chemistry that usually beats supestars. Go ask old timey Laker and Chamberlin fans about that. Celtics were awesome team. Bill Russell was no stat superstar but he was the glue of an incredible team. Lakers, pre/post chamberlin could not beat them!!

Showtime and Triangle era's made up for a lot of finals disappointments.

The logo won only a single championship in 9 trips to the finals. 1-8. They were 1-2 against the knicks!

CrushAlot
USA
5/12/2017  10:45 PM
Great game. Great shot by Wall. Can't wait for game 7.
Uptown

5/13/2017  3:23 PM
Hours after you get knocked out of the playoffs, and you literally choke the game away, you go clubbin'? Not a good look for the beard...

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/12/james-harden-club-rockets-playoffs-mvp-chant/

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

5/13/2017  3:42 PM
What is Harden supposed to be doing instead? Flogging himself publicly with a rubber hose? Or quietly sobbing in some corner of his home's attic?
Uptown

5/13/2017  4:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/13/2017  4:46 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:What is Harden supposed to be doing instead? Flogging himself publicly with a rubber hose? Or quietly sobbing in some corner of his home's attic?

Nah....but poppin' bottles after you get knocked out of the playoffs is not a good look and its a slap in the face of your teammates and franchise. People are built different and I get that. Magic stayed secluded in his hotel room crying like a baby after he let down his teammates when they lost to the Celts.

Harden looked disinterested the whole game. His body language was off, his play was uninspiring, his team gets smashed at home without its star player and you play your worse game all year and you wanna go clubbin' after? I think you lay low for a while....seems selfish considering his teammates...

GustavBahler

5/13/2017  4:46 PM
Uptown wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:What is Harden supposed to be doing instead? Flogging himself publicly with a rubber hose? Or quietly sobbing in some corner of his home's attic?

Nah....but poppin' bottles after you get knocked out of the playoffs is not a good look and its a slap in the face of your teammates and franchise. People are built different and I get that. Magic stayed secluded in his hotel room crying like a baby after he let down his teammates and lost to the Celts.

Harden looked disinterested the whole game. His body language was off, his play was uninspiring, his team gets smashed at home without its star player and you play your worse game all year and you wanna pop bottles hours after? Again, it looks like a slap in the face to his teammates, etc...

I agree. Harden looked hesitant to shoot from the tip off, looked like he was still trying to shake off the previous loss.

Harden's teammates were probably asking themselves WTF Harden was doing during the game, and asking the same thing about his trip to the club. If Harden went out fighting, I doubt the club hopping would have the same bad optics.

Uptown

5/13/2017  4:50 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Nah....but poppin' bottles after you get knocked out of the playoffs is not a good look and its a slap in the face of your teammates and franchise. People are built different and I get that. Magic stayed secluded in his hotel room crying like a baby after he let down his teammates and lost to the Celts.

Harden looked disinterested the whole game. His body language was off, his play was uninspiring, his team gets smashed at home without its star player and you play your worse game all year and you wanna pop bottles hours after? Again, it looks like a slap in the face to his teammates, etc...

I agree. Harden looked hesitant to shoot from the tip off, looked like he was still trying to shake off the previous loss.

Harden's teammates were probably asking themselves WTF Harden was doing during the game, and asking the same thing about his trip to the club. If Harden went out fighting, I doubt the club hopping would have the same bad optics.

This....I caught a piece of Jalen and Jacoby this morning (I rarely watch this show) and they found a clip in game 3, I believe, where Harden was knocked down by a Spurs player. Gordon and Nene rushed over to help him up and Harden refused to allow them to. Nene reached down and grabbed Harden by the wrist and Harden yanked his hand away from Nene. Jalen and Jacoby wondered if there is something going on behind the scenes with the team...

GustavBahler

5/13/2017  5:06 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:

This....I caught a piece of Jalen and Jacoby this morning (I rarely watch this show) and they found a clip in game 3, I believe, where Harden was knocked down by a Spurs player. Gordon and Nene rushed over to help him up and Harden refused to allow them to. Nene reached down and grabbed Harden by the wrist and Harden yanked his hand away from Nene. Jalen and Jacoby wondered if there is something going on behind the scenes with the team...

That is bizarre. Would have to see the clip to know if it was possibly more than a missed assignment. Its going to be a weird summer in Houston, weird way for the season to end with Harden's disappearing act. Especially since the Spurs were missing their MVP candidate, and their future HOF PG. Harden should have been licking his chops.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/14/2017  6:13 PM
Heartbreaking loss for the Spurs. To push GS to the Marx without Parker and half a game from Kwahi is some effort.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Uptown

5/14/2017  6:20 PM
Sucks that Kawhi went down...Spurs were in control of the game when he went out! Spurs offense went into the tank when he left the floor. Yes, the Warriors were making a run regardless, but I think the Spurs hang on if Kawhi doesn't get get injured.
2017 NBA playoffs Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy