[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

what about something like
Author Thread
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
8/17/2004  11:14 AM
Portland trades: SF Travis Outlaw (1.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.1 apg in 2.4 minutes)
SF Qyntel Woods (3.6 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 10.8 minutes)
PG Damon Stoudamire (13.4 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 6.1 apg in 38.0 minutes)
Portland receives: PG Moochie Norris (3.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 12.8 minutes)
C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.9 minutes)
C Nazr Mohammed (7.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +4.0 ppg, +8.7 rpg, and -2.7 apg.

New York trades: PG Moochie Norris (3.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 12.8 minutes)
C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.9 minutes)
C Nazr Mohammed (7.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20.1 minutes)
New York receives: SF Qyntel Woods (3.6 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 62 games)
C Dale Davis (4.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.0 apg in 76 games)
C Evan Eschmeyer (4.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.0 apg in 76 games)
Change in team outlook: -14.0 ppg, -7.8 rpg, and -2.5 apg.

Golden State trades: C Dale Davis (4.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.0 apg in 22.1 minutes)
C Evan Eschmeyer (4.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.0 apg in 22.1 minutes)
Golden State receives: SF Travis Outlaw (1.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.1 apg in 8 games)
PG Damon Stoudamire (13.4 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 6.1 apg in 82 games)
Change in team outlook: +10.0 ppg, -0.9 rpg, and +5.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

substitute dampier for dale davis with the same type of salary

NY does it because we get dampier and woods who has potential, plus we get rid of moochie and clear up the playing time a little bit

GS does it because they get damon's expiring contract and get rid of eschmeyer. outlaw is a good HS prospect

POR does it because KT and nazr make them one of the deepest and strongest teams in the league at the 4 and 5. KT can back up PF and center, coming off the bench behind randolph. nazr is well above average for a backup center and ratliff is one of the best centers when healthy. They lose an expiring contract and have to take on moochie, but their front court is set, even after they lose SAR. if they don;t wanna trade outlaw, they can substitute stepania, who is another expirign deal.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/17/2004  11:40 AM
since Dale Davis was traded once, can he be traded again? I think you have to wait until Dec.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyballer
USA
8/17/2004  11:43 AM
Posted by martin:

since Dale Davis was traded once, can he be traded again? I think you have to wait until Dec.

I only put dale davis into the checker to make sure it worked, since damp is a free agent - substitute davis with dampier, giving dampier a contract that starts at 9 mil
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/17/2004  11:43 AM
60 day wait i think
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/17/2004  11:45 AM
POR doesn't do that trade...they'll keep Stoudamire's expiring contract & those young players over taking on KT, Moochie & Nazr's extended deals, especially when they already have Ratliff & Randolph over there...

i understand your point that it would make them a deeper team, but i think if i were them, i'd rather keep Damon's contract & see what develops at the trade deadline, or if not, simply let his contract come off the books & take the cap relief.

also, i don't think GS makes that deal either, because they need Dale Davis to back up Foyle...they would be very thin in the frontcourt if they made that trade...if they need a PG, i think they'd try & get a trade going w/the Celtics for the rights to Gary Payton.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/17/2004  11:56 AM
Posted by TMS:

POR doesn't do that trade...they'll keep Stoudamire's expiring contract & those young players over taking on KT, Moochie & Nazr's extended deals, especially when they already have Ratliff & Randolph over there...

i understand your point that it would make them a deeper team, but i think if i were them, i'd rather keep Damon's contract & see what develops at the trade deadline, or if not, simply let his contract come off the books & take the cap relief.

also, i don't think GS makes that deal either, because they need Dale Davis to back up Foyle...they would be very thin in the frontcourt if they made that trade...if they need a PG, i think they'd try & get a trade going w/the Celtics for the rights to Gary Payton.
I agree; I can't imagine Portland or GS making that trade
nyballer
USA
8/17/2004  12:04 PM
Posted by TMS:

also, i don't think GS makes that deal either, because they need Dale Davis to back up Foyle...they would be very thin in the frontcourt if they made that trade
i only put dale davis in because i needed a similar salary for the trade checker - the real trade would be dampier and eschmeyer - davis stays on golden state
it is:

NY: trades KT, nazr, moochie
receives: dampier, eschmeyer, woods

GS trades: dampier, eschmeyer
receives: stoudamire, outlaw

POR trades: Outlaw, Stoudamire, Woods
POR gets: KT, Nazr, moochie

I understand Portland not doing it, but i think it's a nobrainer for GS. they said they wont do a sign and trade unless we take eschmeyer, and they want an expiring deal - they get a huge one in stoudamire, and they get rid of eschmeyer.

[Edited by - nyballer on 08/17/2004 12:05:59]
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/17/2004  12:26 PM
Posted by martin:

don't you remember rasheed wallace.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/17/2004  12:50 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:
Posted by martin:

Yes, but Rasheed wasn't traded as part of a package. I'm pretty sure you can send them out if they are by themselves or with another player who was previously traded with them.
nyballer
USA
8/17/2004  12:52 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by timmyTtop:
Posted by martin:

Yes, but Rasheed wasn't traded as part of a package. I'm pretty sure you can send them out if they are by themselves or with another player who was previously traded with them.
either way, dale davis isnt in the proposal
TMS
USA
8/17/2004  1:04 PM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by TMS:

also, i don't think GS makes that deal either, because they need Dale Davis to back up Foyle...they would be very thin in the frontcourt if they made that trade
i only put dale davis in because i needed a similar salary for the trade checker - the real trade would be dampier and eschmeyer - davis stays on golden state
it is:

I understand Portland not doing it, but i think it's a nobrainer for GS. they said they wont do a sign and trade unless we take eschmeyer, and they want an expiring deal - they get a huge one in stoudamire, and they get rid of eschmeyer.

i think there's even LESS of a chance GS makes that deal if you do a sign & trade of Dampier...they'd be better served by simply allowing his contract to come off their books than taking on the $15 million owed to Damon Stoudamire next season.

if you could figure out a way to trade Dampier & Esch to a team w/cap space, like Charlotte, who can take back more salary than give up, then i think you have a good shot...but otherwise, unless the Warriors can get themselves a player who they are high on & think can help form a nucleus to bring them towards a better future, i don't think a sign & trade of Dampier is a realistic possibility anymore.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
nyballer
USA
8/17/2004  1:12 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by TMS:

it is:

i think there's even LESS of a chance GS makes that deal if you do a sign & trade of Dampier...they'd be better served by simply allowing his contract to come off their books than taking on the $15 million owed to Damon Stoudamire next season.

if you could figure out a way to trade Dampier & Esch to a team w/cap space, like Charlotte, who can take back more salary than give up, then i think you have a good shot...but otherwise, unless the Warriors can get themselves a player who they are high on & think can help form a nucleus to bring them towards a better future, i don't think a sign & trade of Dampier is a realistic possibility anymore.
GS has to sign richardson and murphy next summer, and they aren't signing anyone now, so dampier off the books this year doesnt help them much. now, if we can take eschmeyer, who they have been trying to unload desperately, and give them a contract that expires next summer, then it seems they would be in a better position - they would make up whatever money they pay stoudamire in the money they don't have to pay eschmeyer. basically we are giving them more cap relief for the following summer, when they are going to need/use it, by adding salary for one year
TMS
USA
8/17/2004  1:25 PM
if they were so concerned that re-signing J. Rich & T. Murph next year would be a problem, then why would they sign Derek Fisher to his longterm contract, or Adonal Foyle to his in the first place...even if they don't unload Eschmeyer's contract, they will still have enough cap room to re-sign both those guys & then some...i really don't think that they feel they HAVE to trade Dampier & unload Eschmeyer...it's only a given that if they decide that Dampier is going to be traded, that Eschmeyer's contract will be a part of the package.

[Edited by - TMS on 08/17/2004 13:26:54]
nyballer
USA
8/17/2004  1:38 PM
Posted by TMS:

if they were so concerned that re-signing J. Rich & T. Murph next year would be a problem, then why would they sign Derek Fisher to his longterm contract, or Adonal Foyle to his in the first place...even if they don't unload Eschmeyer's contract, they will still have enough cap room to re-sign both those guys & then some...i really don't think that they feel they HAVE to trade Dampier & unload Eschmeyer...it's only a given that if they decide that Dampier is going to be traded, that Eschmeyer's contract will be a part of the package.

[Edited by - TMS on 08/17/2004 13:26:54]
I can start by saying I have no idea what Chris Mullin is doing signing foyle and fisher to those kind of contracts, but I still don't see why GS wouldnt do the deal. It's like they have a choice: either dampier comes off the books this year and eschmeyer stays on for another 3 years, or dampier AND eschmeyer come off the books next year. They don't need the cap relief this year, so i don't see why they wouldnt juts take more cap relief next year
TMS
USA
8/17/2004  1:57 PM
my point was that they don't HAVE to make that deal...they already have enough cap space next year to re-sign their young players if they so choose...so w/that in mind, you have to consider how the deal benefits them from an overall financial standpoint...

Damon Stoudamire stands to make $15,750,000 this season...the overall salary figure for Eschmeyer over the last 3 years of his contract totals to roughly $10 million...so in essence, you're asking GS to take on $5.75 million MORE in contract value AND on top of that, accomodate the Blazers by signing their allstar C to a contract extension & trading him to them in the process? why? do they value Damon Stoudamire so much that they would make a trade like this? who knows? i certainly can't say i understand why any team would sign Adonal Foyle to his contract either, but that's beside the point...there HAS to be something OTHER than simple cap relief to motivate the Warriors to do a sign & trade of Dampier, otherwise they'd simply allow Dampier to come off their books rather than have to pay for a player they don't want or need...

if you were to throw in some draft picks & a blue chip young talent, then i can see the justification, but otherwise, i don't see them making the deal...Travis Outlaw doesn't have much trade value imho because he's still a major project player & he's on the books for over $5 million for the next 4 years...a team like GS who already has their own projects doesn't need to add another one...they will be looking for players who can contribute right now & who bring good value contract wise along w/maybe some picks if they can get them for the future if not an immediate impact bigname player who brings marketability to their franchise.

[Edited by - TMS on 08/17/2004 13:59:32]
what about something like

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy