[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tank Thread: Raptors visit the Garden
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/9/2017  1:50 PM
TPercy wrote:Baker actually looking like a potential backup guard tonight. Still skeptical, but looks promising.

Don't worry Baker is gonna be fine. He's got the BB IQ and great size for the job.

AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/9/2017  1:50 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:So which team on the court is looking to lock up an IMPOERANT playoff position in this game?

One note to all of those who hate the Triangle... Our replacement warriors are showing that the offense can work if EVERYONE buys into it, and if you take a look at the # of 3s taken today...we are shooting as many as Toronto 18 to 20 at this moment.

I know KP likes the offense because he was scoring better before his back issue...more midrange shots...

Just seems to me that if there is a will to play it, it can work.

Offense looks good considering the circumstances. Keep in mind, most of the bottom feeder teams have been playing much better as the season winds down considering the top teams are resting, or playing half speed as they gear up for the playoffs. The Nyets have looked good the last 1o games or so...So have the Lakers and Suns....

ScoreBot
4/9/2017  1:52 PM
Q4 10:56
NYK 75 TOR 81
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:If we win this, we're likely falling all the way down to 9th (assuming we win vs the Sixers)

I get the feeling we're going to do well in this draft, ping pong balls aside.

hopefully but falling down multiple spots in the final 2 games isnt ideal

Of course it isn't. I still have a feeling that something good is going to happen.

nothing ever good happens to us. Yes we did get KP but we missed out on Towns by winning that game at the buzzer that year

Did we miss out on Towns or did we luck out by not grabbing Russell or Okafor? Perspective man! Of course I want us to maximize our position, but gotta be a lil more positive.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
Why have so many playoff teams battling for playoff positioning looked like trash vs us? What happened to the days of scrub of the game?!
ScoreBot
4/9/2017  1:54 PM
Q4 9:26
NYK 80 TOR 84
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/9/2017  1:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/9/2017  1:55 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:So which team on the court is looking to lock up an IMPOERANT playoff position in this game?

One note to all of those who hate the Triangle... Our replacement warriors are showing that the offense can work if EVERYONE buys into it, and if you take a look at the # of 3s taken today...we are shooting as many as Toronto 18 to 20 at this moment.

I know KP likes the offense because he was scoring better before his back issue...more midrange shots...

We're seeing what Hornacek talked about early in the season. Triangle and P&R. Ive seen more P&R these last few games than Ive seen since Phil got here. Giving the players something more familiar, instinctive, in addition to the Triangle, makes the transition for new players, rookies, easier.

If the Triangle isnt clicking, there's a plan b. Also makes things less predictable. Its when the Triangle was overemphasized that things got complicated. It will be easier to attract players to NY IMO if they dont feel like they have to learn an entirely new language. Especially those on short term deals.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

4/9/2017  1:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/9/2017  1:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:If we win this, we're likely falling all the way down to 9th (assuming we win vs the Sixers)

I get the feeling we're going to do well in this draft, ping pong balls aside.

hopefully but falling down multiple spots in the final 2 games isnt ideal

Of course it isn't. I still have a feeling that something good is going to happen.

nothing ever good happens to us. Yes we did get KP but we missed out on Towns by winning that game at the buzzer that year

Did we miss out on Towns or did we luck out by not grabbing Russell or Okafor? Perspective man! Of course I want us to maximize our position, but gotta be a lil more positive.
you are jumping too conclusions on what i meant. I said IM HAPPY with drafting KP. However other years we missed out on curry and westbrook
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/9/2017  1:55 PM
Uptown wrote:

Offense looks good considering the circumstances. Keep in mind, most of the bottom feeder teams have been playing much better as the season winds down considering the top teams are resting, or playing half speed as they gear up for the playoffs. The Nyets have looked good the last 1o games or so...So have the Lakers and Suns....

Yeah, the Frank Williams and Mardy Collins of the world step it up down the stretch, so you have to everything with a grain of salt. Still, it's always good to see some improvement.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ScoreBot
4/9/2017  1:56 PM
Q4 8:29
NYK 80 TOR 88
nixluva
USA
4/9/2017  1:58 PM
Uptown wrote:

I'm watching the execution and effort level. The decision making. Obviously these guys aren't expected to be the primary players but we need these guys to hold their own next year and I think they're showing they have the ability.

The key is to continue to develop these guys and also upgrade the starting talent.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/9/2017  1:59 PM
Uptown wrote:

True...except we are playing guys who don't usually get all this playing time...and they are players who don't have the ability of a Melo or Rose to disregard the Triangle and play their own style.

You can see the difference in the flow of our offense...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
ScoreBot
4/9/2017  2:00 PM
Q4 7:04
NYK 82 TOR 90
nixluva
USA
4/9/2017  2:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

We're seeing what Hornacek talked about early in the season. Triangle and P&R. Ive seen more P&R these last few games than Ive seen since Phil got here. Giving the players something more familiar, instinctive, in addition to the Triangle, makes the transition for new players, rookies, easier.

If the Triangle isnt clicking, there's a plan b. Also makes things less predictable. Its when the Triangle was overemphasized that things got complicated. It will be easier to attract players to NY IMO if they dont feel like they have to learn an entirely new language. Especially those on short term deals.

It's something that was always an option but it's up to the coach to decide how to implement it into the flow. Tex had PnR like this in his playbook and the Lakers used it as well.

ScoreBot
4/9/2017  2:02 PM
Q4 6:21
NYK 82 TOR 92
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

4/9/2017  2:03 PM
Now we can breathe
nixluva
USA
4/9/2017  2:03 PM
This is why I wasn't panicking. I figured the Raps would have a late run at some point.
ScoreBot
4/9/2017  2:04 PM
Q4 5:36
NYK 82 TOR 98
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/9/2017  2:04 PM
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I'm watching the execution and effort level. The decision making. Obviously these guys aren't expected to be the primary players but we need these guys to hold their own next year and I think they're showing they have the ability.

The key is to continue to develop these guys and also upgrade the starting talent.

Its also the Lakers, Nyets, Suns, and Wolves goal as well...The question for us is how many of these guys will still be around in a couple of years? We thought we were developing guys last year (Grant, Thanisis, Galloway) and the year before (Larkin, Shved and Early) and all of them are elsewhere.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/9/2017  2:05 PM
thank goodness the Raptors second unit step up. Really though it looked like the entire team were just sleep walking the whole game and knew they could turn it on any time they wanted
Tank Thread: Raptors visit the Garden

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy