4/9/2017  1:38 PM
Q3 4:13
NYK 67 TOR 62
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

franco12 wrote:just think if Phil had not wasted everyone's time with Noah & Rose - and we had kept Lopez and everyone else.
exactly. Those were two big errors by phil no doubt
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Baker already has 3 assists...and 1/2 missed shots by teammates that would have added to this total.

Not sure anyone expected him to be such a good distributor...he continues to amaze with the assists, just as he disappoints with his shooting.

I do think he'll fix his shooting, which means we will have a player who at the very least will be a solid backup PG.

Im liking the bank shot off the high glass he's been making lately, and Baker is shooting in the flow of the offense, as opposed to most of the season where he would only shoot because time was running out.

Baker is finally playing instinctively and with confidence. This is more like he looked in College. He's always been a better offensive player than he had shown earlier.

I could be wrong, but I believe he was drafted initially for his 3pt shooting, the PG skills are bonus. Now he is starting to gradually show that 3.

Showed hints of what he could do as a distributor in SL...have to admit that I was surprised at this aspect of his game. Even when it seems like he's dribbling too much, he ALWAYS has his head up and is looking for a teammate.

You're right, I kept waiting for the 3pt shooting, lol. But he was running the point efficiently, even back then.

He was kinda bad running the point in summer league. It wasn't until Randle came in that the offense hummed. But he has picked it up since then. He's a smart player. He's really got develop his mid-range game and long-range consistency. Look forward to seeing him next year. Wow! Didn't know he had those hops.

Baker was running the point well enough to be kept around, in spite of no offense to speak of.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/9/2017  1:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Baker already has 3 assists...and 1/2 missed shots by teammates that would have added to this total.

Not sure anyone expected him to be such a good distributor...he continues to amaze with the assists, just as he disappoints with his shooting.

I do think he'll fix his shooting, which means we will have a player who at the very least will be a solid backup PG.

Im liking the bank shot off the high glass he's been making lately, and Baker is shooting in the flow of the offense, as opposed to most of the season where he would only shoot because time was running out.

Baker is finally playing instinctively and with confidence. This is more like he looked in College. He's always been a better offensive player than he had shown earlier.

I could be wrong, but I believe he was drafted initially for his 3pt shooting, the PG skills are bonus. Now he is starting to gradually show that 3.

Showed hints of what he could do as a distributor in SL...have to admit that I was surprised at this aspect of his game. Even when it seems like he's dribbling too much, he ALWAYS has his head up and is looking for a teammate.

You're right, I kept waiting for the 3pt shooting, lol. But he was running the point efficiently, even back then.

He was kinda bad running the point in summer league. It wasn't until Randle came in that the offense hummed. But he has picked it up since then. He's a smart player. He's really got develop his mid-range game and long-range consistency. Look forward to seeing him next year. Wow! Didn't know he had those hops.

Baker was running the point well enough to be kept around, in spite of no offense to speak of.

Baker can score!

ScoreBot
4/9/2017  1:40 PM
Q3 3:09
NYK 69 TOR 64
GustavBahler

StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:If we win this, we're likely falling all the way down to 9th (assuming we win vs the Sixers)

I get the feeling we're going to do well in this draft, ping pong balls aside.

hopefully but falling down multiple spots in the final 2 games isnt ideal

Of course it isn't. I still have a feeling that something good is going to happen.

nixluva
USA
StarksEwing1 wrote:
franco12 wrote:just think if Phil had not wasted everyone's time with Noah & Rose - and we had kept Lopez and everyone else.
exactly. Those were two big errors by phil no doubt

Let's just hope it leads to a STUD in the draft.

GustavBahler

4/9/2017  1:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Baker can score!

Talking about in SL.

ScoreBot
4/9/2017  1:42 PM
Q3 2:17
NYK 73 TOR 70
StarksEwing1

4/9/2017  1:43 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:If we win this, we're likely falling all the way down to 9th (assuming we win vs the Sixers)

Of course it isn't. I still have a feeling that something good is going to happen.

nothing ever good happens to us. Yes we did get KP but we missed out on Towns by winning that game at the buzzer that year
GustavBahler

4/9/2017  1:44 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

nothing ever good happens to us. Yes we did get KP but we missed out on Towns by winning that game at the buzzer that year

I know, and I usually don't feel this way. Just a feeling.

nixluva
USA
4/9/2017  1:44 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Baker can score!

Talking about in SL.

Gotcha. The staff realized Baker was trying to transition to PG. It was going to take time for him to get acclimated and I think he's done a good job.

ScoreBot
4/9/2017  1:46 PM
Q3 42.3
NYK 73 TOR 74
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

So which team on the court is looking to lock up an IMPOERANT playoff position in this game?

One note to all of those who hate the Triangle... Our replacement warriors are showing that the offense can work if EVERYONE buys into it, and if you take a look at the # of 3s taken today...we are shooting as many as Toronto 18 to 20 at this moment.

I know KP likes the offense because he was scoring better before his back issue...more midrange shots...

Just seems to me that if there is a will to play it, it can work.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
StarksEwing1

GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I know, and I usually don't feel this way. Just a feeling.

im not trying to be negative ive just seen thibs same movie so many times. We always miss out by one spot. Obviously we got a consolation with KP but it hasnt happened often
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/9/2017  1:47 PM
Good Job!!! Now give Lee, Hernangomez and Baker the rest of the game off....
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/9/2017  1:48 PM
Baker actually looking like a potential backup guard tonight. Still skeptical, but looks promising.
The Future is Bright!
ScoreBot
Q3 0.0
NYK 75 TOR 76
StarksEwing1

I thought for sure holiday was gonna hit that 3. We need the raptors to go on a run
nixluva
USA
4/9/2017  1:49 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:So which team on the court is looking to lock up an IMPOERANT playoff position in this game?

One note to all of those who hate the Triangle... Our replacement warriors are showing that the offense can work if EVERYONE buys into it, and if you take a look at the # of 3s taken today...we are shooting as many as Toronto 18 to 20 at this moment.

I know KP likes the offense because he was scoring better before his back issue...more midrange shots...

Just seems to me that if there is a will to play it, it can work.

YUP! You've gotta buy in. Also these guys are so unselfish which is what you need. Notice that for the most part the ball doesn't stop.

Tank Thread: Raptors visit the Garden

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy