[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

TankThread: Knicks host Bulls
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/5/2017  8:15 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Should have sat down Anthony, Baker and Lee the 4th quarter.

This was just an f'n stupid victory.

I know the Bulls were just terrible, but you have to manage this game to lose...sorry.

Maybe just tell the basketball players not to play basketball? This was the Bulls game to win. We played rookies for 114 minutes and Melo gave us his usual 9-25 and we still one. Silly to hold people accountable for not losing games.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

4/5/2017  8:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2017  8:20 AM
I don't get how this is stupid or Hornachek's fault.
The team has been playing young players. Two D Leaguers started for us. They are not even proven NBA players. They are rookies trying to make it in the league.

But NDour and Baker played like two way starters in this game. Both have good defensive ability but questionable NBA level offense capability. In this game, we saw Baker play like a high IQ smart PG. NDour was effective on offense, something in the past 10 times I've seen him he has failed to show. Just last week he has airballed almost all the shots he's taken.

Can't hate on the Knicks when they are actually doing what needs to be done. If the D League and young talent plays so hard and well and other teams don't show up, what can we do? What some are asking is not realistic. We've been sitting many of our top 3 players.

The system looks good for Baker, Holiday, Kuz, Willy, O'Quinn. They're getting good looks in it. Nothing one can do, but to use that as evidence that next year they need to bring those players back in the rotation, knowing the offense well. NDour has finally shown why Gaines is so high on him. Give the younger players some time. They're showing good things for how cheap their contracts are and how little investment was made in them (Not a single player I mentioned was a first round pick for us, none of those guys make more than $4M and most of them closer to $2M). We need a new starting point guard, we need a guard/wing combo if Melo is traded, and we need to draft the best talent available. Just move forward and don't look back, don't question the players, coaching or system. Fully buy in and invest and see where they are at the end of the 2017-2018 season. It does look like we have some players who can be rotation guys on a good team. I don't think an overhaul is needed. We need some more talent, some better fitting higher level starters than we had last year. Rose has to be replaced. Melo may be traded for a younger wing/guard. We may need to move Lee to a bench role. Whatever it is, we do have some player I think are worth bringing back next year.

fishmike
USA
4/5/2017  8:22 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:I don't get how this is stupid or Hornachek's fault.
The team has been playing young players. Two D Leaguers started for us. They are not even proven NBA players. They are rookies trying to make it in the league.

But NDour and Baker played like two way starters in this game. Both have good defensive ability but questionable NBA level offense capability. In this game, we saw Baker play like a high IQ smart PG. NDour was effective on offense, something in the past 10 times I've seen him he has failed to show. Just last week he has airballed almost all the shots he's taken.

Can't hate on the Knicks when they are actually doing what needs to be done. If the D League and young talent plays so hard and well and other teams don't show up, what can we do? What some are asking is not realistic. We've been sitting many of our top 3 players.

The system looks good for Baker, Holiday, Kuz, Willy, O'Quinn. They're getting good looks in it. Nothing one can do, but to use that as evidence that next year they need to bring those players back in the rotation, knowing the offense well. NDour has finally shown why Gaines is so high on him. Give the younger players some time. They're showing good things for how cheap their contracts are and how little investment was made in them (Not a single player I mentioned was a first round pick for us, none of those guys make more than $4M and most of them closer to $2M). We need a new starting point guard, we need a guard/wing combo if Melo is traded, and we need to draft the best talent available. Just move forward and don't look back, don't question the players, coaching or system. Fully buy in and invest and see where they are at the end of the 2017-2018 season. It does look like we have some players who can be rotation guys on a good team. I don't think an overhaul is needed. We need some more talent, some better fitting higher level starters than we had last year. Rose has to be replaced. Melo may be traded for a younger wing/guard. We may need to move Lee to a bench role. Whatever it is, we do have some player I think are worth bringing back next year.

100% exactly. We played D league guys. 114 minutes for rookies. They won the game. Cant tell basketball players not to play basketball. We pick where we pick. We did everything right. Bulls couldnt win.
KnicksFE
Member: #3561

4/5/2017  9:57 AM
fishmike wrote:

I know the Bulls were just terrible, but you have to manage this game to lose...sorry.

Maybe just tell the basketball players not to play basketball? This was the Bulls game to win. We played rookies for 114 minutes and Melo gave us his usual 9-25 and we still one. Silly to hold people accountable for not losing games.

How wrong this is, at this point is not about winning is about putting the franchise in the best position possible to be successful going forward, this is not on the players, this is in the management for not winning when they had to and not losing when they had to. Why was Melo and Lee playing over 30 minutes? I guess after 20 years of the same pathetic result some people will never learn.

fishmike
USA
4/5/2017  10:34 AM
KnicksFE wrote:
fishmike wrote:

How wrong this is, at this point is not about winning is about putting the franchise in the best position possible to be successful going forward, this is not on the players, this is in the management for not winning when they had to and not losing when they had to. Why was Melo and Lee playing over 30 minutes? I guess after 20 years of the same pathetic result some people will never learn.

because you cant sit them every game. What would you have done? Call the coach? Demand he plays only centers? Honestly how would you approach this?
reub
Member: #6227

4/5/2017  10:43 AM
KnicksFE wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Melo was our only hope of losing.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
4/5/2017  11:18 AM
Honestly we've gotten to see what some of our players are capable of with the triangle going forward. Great experience that will translate to better play next year AND an easier transition for our draft pick and FA's. When most of the team is familiar with the offense and how to run it it makes it a lot easier to get and help the new players buy in. I doubt we win another game and maybe we lose to Philly since they'll likely have nothing to lose for by then.
TankThread: Knicks host Bulls

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy