TankThread: Knicks host Celtics for afternoon game
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/2/2017  8:29 PM
Kemet wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The Knicks never gave veteran Sasha any playing-time at the start of the season to build a working system .. every time Baker, Holiday, and Kuz were given playing time over Sasha the first 30 games of the season .. Tanking-mode was in session.
Sasha's veteran experience should have been our 6th man off the bench at the start of the season tandem with Jennings as our 2nd unit backcourt to create chemistry.
Last season the lineup of Sasha/Galloway/Grant with D.Will & Quinn were 3 to 1 at outscoring more opponents than our starting lineup.

1) Plumlee took advantage of the little playing time he receive by stealing the ball twice that lead him to scoring 5 pts.
2) Baker is proving he is a backup PG on a D.League team.
3) Kuz 6.9 performance is so weak on the defensive end and on the glass its a crying shame Kuz receive more playing time in the season than Plumlee & Sasha put together.
4) WHG had a better 2 way performance game in November than he do in March & April, all the playing time WHG received in lineups with KP, Melo, Rose, Lee, and Baker has made his performance weak and useless.
5) KP doesn't have a game winning talent in his body .. great for highlights tho.
That's my conclusion of Owner Dolan's white-boy rookie fantasy in the 2016-17 season .. they receive poor development throughout the season .. the game we just watch showed how clueless each one of our rookies and KP are on Team-Defense. Great defensive development by our head-coaches Hornacek and Rambis SMH
Hornacek & Rambis must be fired at end of season!!!

If it weren't for phil, Sasha wouldn't be in the NBA...He deserves playing time over no-one...

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

4/2/2017  8:32 PM
Kemet wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The Knicks never gave veteran Sasha any playing-time at the start of the season to build a working system .. every time Baker, Holiday, and Kuz were given playing time over Sasha the first 30 games of the season .. Tanking-mode was in session.
Sasha's veteran experience should have been our 6th man off the bench at the start of the season tandem with Jennings as our 2nd unit backcourt to create chemistry.
Last season the lineup of Sasha/Galloway/Grant with D.Will & Quinn were 3 to 1 at outscoring more opponents than our starting lineup.

1) Plumlee took advantage of the little playing time he receive by stealing the ball twice that lead him to scoring 5 pts.
2) Baker is proving he is a backup PG on a D.League team.
3) Kuz 6.9 performance is so weak on the defensive end and on the glass its a crying shame Kuz receive more playing time in the season than Plumlee & Sasha put together.
4) WHG had a better 2 way performance game in November than he do in March & April, all the playing time WHG received in lineups with KP, Melo, Rose, Lee, and Baker has made his performance weak and useless.
5) KP doesn't have a game winning talent in his body .. great for highlights tho.
That's my conclusion of Owner Dolan's white-boy rookie fantasy in the 2016-17 season .. they receive poor development throughout the season .. the game we just watch showed how clueless each one of our rookies and KP are on Team-Defense. Great defensive development by our head-coaches Hornacek and Rambis SMH
Hornacek & Rambis must be fired at end of season!!!

is this sarcasm? No offense but sasha is one of the worst players in the league. Its kinda weird to see a big fan of his since its very rare but thats your right. But let me put it this way sasha isnt gonna win you games
buddapaw
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #1101

4/2/2017  9:33 PM
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
buddapaw wrote:
franco12 wrote:
buddapaw wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
buddapaw wrote:If we are playing the kids why is Sasha getting minutes? Why is he here anyway?

Sources have said a few times that he's a great worker and practice player so this is rewarding him

Chucking up 10 shots is not helping, especially if you're not making them. Shouldn't the same logic of sitting Melo to look at the kids apply? So why the **** is Sasha playing then?

Cause Sasha knows the triangle, and since we're going to run the triangle moving forward, you do need someone out there that knows it and can facilitate play of everyone else.

That may be true but he is ridiculously ineffective. My major gripe with this team is that upper management is dictating the coaching philosophy, if Phil wants to coach then ****ing coach, if you want to be a GM leave the team philosophy to Jeff. This is the reason why this team will never win ****.

I think you are right. I hope Phil moves on soon but I think he can stay as long as he wants no matter what he does.

I'm terrified at the thought of this....

Jeff and Phil seem to be in sync at this point so I don't see a real issue here. The TALENT is the bigger concern. Just draft well, continue to develop and make smarter FA signings from now on!!!

It may seem that way, but think about this, Jeff is trying to teach a system he had no prior experience with and trying to win. Phil cut his balls off and signing Noah to that ridiculous contract was another thing as well. Fuck the Knicks!! They brought in the guy who cause them ****ing years of heartache as a saviour, are you ****ing kidding me? Then he gave Fisher the head coaching who had no ****ing experience, then Rambis to teach defense. Tired of you mofos sucking on Phil's balls when he is only in to say he tried and collect a check. If he was committed then he would be coaching
"Low Percentage Shots r US, these are our Knicks" "NY KNICKS the cure for basketball fanatic"
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/2/2017  10:39 PM
buddapaw wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
buddapaw wrote:
franco12 wrote:
buddapaw wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
buddapaw wrote:If we are playing the kids why is Sasha getting minutes? Why is he here anyway?

Sources have said a few times that he's a great worker and practice player so this is rewarding him

Chucking up 10 shots is not helping, especially if you're not making them. Shouldn't the same logic of sitting Melo to look at the kids apply? So why the **** is Sasha playing then?

Cause Sasha knows the triangle, and since we're going to run the triangle moving forward, you do need someone out there that knows it and can facilitate play of everyone else.

That may be true but he is ridiculously ineffective. My major gripe with this team is that upper management is dictating the coaching philosophy, if Phil wants to coach then ****ing coach, if you want to be a GM leave the team philosophy to Jeff. This is the reason why this team will never win ****.

I think you are right. I hope Phil moves on soon but I think he can stay as long as he wants no matter what he does.

I'm terrified at the thought of this....

Jeff and Phil seem to be in sync at this point so I don't see a real issue here. The TALENT is the bigger concern. Just draft well, continue to develop and make smarter FA signings from now on!!!

It may seem that way, but think about this, Jeff is trying to teach a system he had no prior experience with and trying to win. Phil cut his balls off and signing Noah to that ridiculous contract was another thing as well. Fuck the Knicks!! They brought in the guy who cause them ****ing years of heartache as a saviour, are you ****ing kidding me? Then he gave Fisher the head coaching who had no ****ing experience, then Rambis to teach defense. Tired of you mofos sucking on Phil's balls when he is only in to say he tried and collect a check. If he was committed then he would be coaching

This is the closest we've come to having a young core with high draft picks at the heart of it. You can hate on Phil all you want but if this draft works out for this team they'll have a very good base to build on that will be mostly home grown. No reason to be all bent out of shape if that happens.

TankThread: Knicks host Celtics for afternoon game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy