Member: #11
USA
3/31/2017  11:23 PM
nixluva wrote:
magicTs wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
magicTs wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
magicTs wrote:What a complete ****ing joke. Thats the breaking point for me. The people running this franchise are completely clueless and years more turgid bull**** awaits. We have a golden opportunity to tank and lose out but no, lets win some meaningless bull**** games and pad our wins. What a shambolic joke we are.

If you watch all the other teams in our tank position (Orlando, Sac, Philly) they are not TRYING to lose games. We did the right thing tonight. Sat Melo and Rose. Played the young guys. They played great?

Yeah I'm so happy our young players (several of whom will never be good enough to play game in game out or at least substantial minutes) won us a game that could have repercussions for many seasons. Just thrilled.

Disagree. KP and Willy are the cornerstone of our future--both played great. Lee,Holiday are good role players will be here next year. Baker bounced back from a ****ty game and played a nice all-around game after users were running him out of town. He can be a rotation player. Same with Randle.

We are going to need a hell of a lot more than that. Miami shot terribly, our young players played hard. Every one of these meaningless games won are killing our lottery pick and ensuring further seasons of no play off basketball never mind the delusional idea we might actually compete into June! The stupidity of the decision makers in charge of this franchise literally knows no bounds.

You've gotta look at the rest of the Knicks schedule which isn't easy. Just gotta see how it goes.

APRIL	        OPPONENT	
Sun, Apr 2 vs Boston

Tue, Apr 4 vs Chicago

Thu, Apr 6 vs Washington

Fri, Apr 7 @ Memphis

Sun, Apr 9 vs Toronto

Wed, Apr 12 vs Philadelphia

Right now the Knicks are still right there in a decent spot and with the Lottery you just never know. Our greatest Odds are to stay right where we're at if we end the season tied for 6.

As long as we stay top 7 it will be fine. We will get a good player.

AUTOADVERT
ESOMKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6064

4/1/2017  1:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2017  1:24 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
magicTs wrote:What a complete ****ing joke. Thats the breaking point for me. The people running this franchise are completely clueless and years more turgid bull**** awaits. We have a golden opportunity to tank and lose out but no, lets win some meaningless bull**** games and pad our wins. What a shambolic joke we are.

If you watch all the other teams in our tank position (Orlando, Sac, Philly) they are not TRYING to lose games. We did the right thing tonight. Sat Melo and Rose. Played the young guys. They played great?

No offense but that makes no sense. Yes I'm a fan of our young guys BUT winning at this point ONLY hurts us. if this was say 20 games ago I would agree. However you do understand that we are ****ing up our draft position. Its a good draft but the more we win the tougher it gets to nab a possible cornerstone player. "Sticking it" to riley in a meaningless games does us no favors

1) Never get offended

2) It's not realistic to expect to lose all the rest of the season.

3) Organization did the right thing: played the young guys. That's tanking. No Melo or Rose. You can't expect these kids to try to lose. They played great on O and D and won.

4) The rest of our schedule is brutal--worst among all Tank teams. We will lose. We will get a top 6 pick.

5) It's all about habits. Developing good habits. All good habits from all our young/role players in this game. That's how you build. You don't want these guys playing like ****.

Not to say that if a team on the floor is deliberately looking to lose, it becomes pretty obvious and could lead to league sanctioning us. Imagine us trying hard to lose and looking ridiculous on the floor, and then Silver punishing us by making us forfeit our high pick.

I'd rather end up at #5 or #6 than try hard for top 3. Somehow don't care much for Fultz or Ball.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/1/2017  3:06 AM
We put ourselves on position to lose, so I will restrain myself from freaking out
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/1/2017  8:39 AM
The only problem with the schedule I see is some of those teams may choose to rest their key players heading into the playoffs. Washington and Toronto come to mind, and I think we win our final game at home against Philly.

So that's maybe 3 more wins at most, but it could happen.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/1/2017  8:52 AM
We were in tank/rebuild mode in this game, though, We gave NDour minutes. Anytime you give a guy like him minutes to shoot airballs you are open to losing. I don't think Hornachek is pressing wins. He is pressing player development which means you want your players in good spots on the floor and to compete the rght way. He is not going to abandon player development. KP, Willy, Baker, Holiday maybe, Randle, all likely back next year. You want to give them minutes that are worthwhile. If they're being killed every time and losing by 30 and playing horrible offense that is not good for them. The games are meaningless. Instead you want to see them compete. You want to see them be in positins where you can take a look at them and see if they can actually become reliable players in that role.

We've had a long look at Willy as a starting 5. We see the pro's and cons. We are seeing KP in the Melo/man role a little bit. Again we see the pros and cons. We're seeing Baker getting to set the Triangle up and run the offense. More sense of what he can do. Justin Holiday. Is he worth re-signing? Randle? Lee is likely back. We're seeing him in the offense.

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving these players a chance now and the players showing they are going to compete and see if they can fill a spot on next year's team. If we win a few games, so be it. It's a good thing because basketball is a team sport. There is no Lebron James in this draft. There is no Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis, either. Even if we lost every game since it became obvious it wasn't working out for this year, we would have drafted no higher than 4. So if we draft 7 instead of 4 or 5, to me it is worth it because these wins and type of competitive games you get out of KP/Willy will go a long way for their development, You want KP and Willy to learn how to play WINNING basketball. Not just put up numbers. The team played the right way on both ends. I can't complain. It's not like we relied on Melo and Rose to win. This was like the Orlando win. We relied on rookies, sophmores and our 1st year players with the team (like Holiday, Baker) to get the W. It sits well with me when we can compete with a rebuild.

Also even in a rebuild you will start some vets. No rebuild should be 8 rookies on a team in a rotation. You will see horrible execution. You want to have 4-5 young players and 3 vets. It balances out the situation to get some better execution.

I just wish we had found a way to deal Rose at deadline, and Melo as well. It would have given us an even better perspective on where our holes are without them and what to attain in the offseason.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/1/2017  2:49 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:We were in tank/rebuild mode in this game, though, We gave NDour minutes. Anytime you give a guy like him minutes to shoot airballs you are open to losing. I don't think Hornachek is pressing wins. He is pressing player development which means you want your players in good spots on the floor and to compete the rght way. He is not going to abandon player development. KP, Willy, Baker, Holiday maybe, Randle, all likely back next year. You want to give them minutes that are worthwhile. If they're being killed every time and losing by 30 and playing horrible offense that is not good for them. The games are meaningless. Instead you want to see them compete. You want to see them be in positins where you can take a look at them and see if they can actually become reliable players in that role.

We've had a long look at Willy as a starting 5. We see the pro's and cons. We are seeing KP in the Melo/man role a little bit. Again we see the pros and cons. We're seeing Baker getting to set the Triangle up and run the offense. More sense of what he can do. Justin Holiday. Is he worth re-signing? Randle? Lee is likely back. We're seeing him in the offense.

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving these players a chance now and the players showing they are going to compete and see if they can fill a spot on next year's team. If we win a few games, so be it. It's a good thing because basketball is a team sport. There is no Lebron James in this draft. There is no Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis, either. Even if we lost every game since it became obvious it wasn't working out for this year, we would have drafted no higher than 4. So if we draft 7 instead of 4 or 5, to me it is worth it because these wins and type of competitive games you get out of KP/Willy will go a long way for their development, You want KP and Willy to learn how to play WINNING basketball. Not just put up numbers. The team played the right way on both ends. I can't complain. It's not like we relied on Melo and Rose to win. This was like the Orlando win. We relied on rookies, sophmores and our 1st year players with the team (like Holiday, Baker) to get the W. It sits well with me when we can compete with a rebuild.

Also even in a rebuild you will start some vets. No rebuild should be 8 rookies on a team in a rotation. You will see horrible execution. You want to have 4-5 young players and 3 vets. It balances out the situation to get some better execution.

I just wish we had found a way to deal Rose at deadline, and Melo as well. It would have given us an even better perspective on where our holes are without them and what to attain in the offseason.

Great post!

I also think this gives Jeff a chance to try different things. To see what the plays are supposed to look like without someone breaking off the play before it gets thru all the options.
The younger Players are looking to move and pass the ball much more.

Phil and Jeff need to see what they have and what they need so this can be very educational.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
4/1/2017  3:27 PM
Our future is brighter than it's been in a LONG time. Top 7 pick in a monster draft class. A lot of cap space and a potentially huge bargaining chip to trade. Some really solid low salary role players that have had a year+ with the system and seem to be getting it. I know I'll get flack for this but Noah actually excels in ball movement team basketball and can slow down these big 5's that have been pounding Willy down low. If we make the right pick, sign a player or two and trade Melo or have the right team mentality to turn him back into DadMelo, we could have a nice looking future going forward.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
4/1/2017  3:34 PM
nixluva wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:We were in tank/rebuild mode in this game, though, We gave NDour minutes. Anytime you give a guy like him minutes to shoot airballs you are open to losing. I don't think Hornachek is pressing wins. He is pressing player development which means you want your players in good spots on the floor and to compete the rght way. He is not going to abandon player development. KP, Willy, Baker, Holiday maybe, Randle, all likely back next year. You want to give them minutes that are worthwhile. If they're being killed every time and losing by 30 and playing horrible offense that is not good for them. The games are meaningless. Instead you want to see them compete. You want to see them be in positins where you can take a look at them and see if they can actually become reliable players in that role.

Great post!

I also think this gives Jeff a chance to try different things. To see what the plays are supposed to look like without someone breaking off the play before it gets thru all the options.
The younger Players are looking to move and pass the ball much more.

Phil and Jeff need to see what they have and what they need so this can be very educational.

Great posts guys, fully agree.

Also, deep down I've been thinking that Frank Ntilikina lol is the steal of the draft but our brass wouldn't be comfortable drafting him top 5. So if we do stay in the 6-9 range we're taking less a risk on bringing him in.

TankThread: Knicks @ Heat for Part II of home and home

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy