TankThread: Knicks @ Heat for Part II of home and home
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/31/2017  10:37 PM
magicTs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I'm a diehard knick fan but we must be the dumbest organization in sports since 2001

Not just in the US either, GLOBALLY. I literally have no idea what the **** they are doing. We are a rudderless ship and there is zero chance of us improving with these people in charge.

I understand the frustration but you can't tell kids playing to STAY in the NBA not to try. They played hard and beat a team straight up. We just have to see how the rest of the season plays out. I had a feeling something like this might happen. The kids actually execute and play hard on D. The Heat aren't that strong they just get by with hustle so there's always a chance you can beat them.
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
franco12 wrote:April fools day came a day early!
Its everyday at msg.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I'm a diehard knick fan but we must be the dumbest organization in sports since 2001

Not just in the US either, GLOBALLY. I literally have no idea what the **** they are doing. We are a rudderless ship and there is zero chance of us improving with these people in charge.

They haven't had any idea what they are doing for three years. Things aren't changing.

I'm just as confused as KP

ES
blkexec
Member: #748
3/31/2017  10:39 PM
This proves that they listen to the coach and the ball hogs negative impact. coach said they should play like the heat. that's an insult to them and they responded with a win. don't forget how upset y'all were when Fisher went on a winning streak. it resulted in KP. RELAX
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/31/2017  10:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:

They haven't had any idea what they are doing for three years. Things aren't changing.

Well one thing is for Sure KP probably wishes he had Baker/Randle playing with him instead of rose
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/31/2017  10:40 PM
magicTs wrote:What a complete ****ing joke. Thats the breaking point for me. The people running this franchise are completely clueless and years more turgid bull**** awaits. We have a golden opportunity to tank and lose out but no, lets win some meaningless bull**** games and pad our wins. What a shambolic joke we are.

They are tanking. Melo and rose sat. All teams that tank don't lose on purpose, they just play their young guys. We have good enough young guys where we will win some games still.

magicTs
Member: #5564

3/31/2017  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/31/2017  10:47 PM
nixluva wrote:
magicTs wrote:

I understand the frustration but you can't tell kids playing to STAY in the NBA not to try. They played hard and beat a team straight up. We just have to see how the rest of the season plays out. I had a feeling something like this might happen. The kids actually execute and play hard on D. The Heat aren't that strong they just get by with hustle so there's always a chance you can beat them.

You don't ask them to lose but you certainly help them lose. Sit KP. Sit Willy. Sit Lee. Make sure we lose after the good efforts of the first 3 quarters. We are ****ing up the draft position when nobody needs help like we do. It just an unbelievably bad tactical decision and its starts with Jackson. So Kp gets a nothing win in Miami as the 2016-17 season comes to a close. Great. How does that best help us get another franchise changing piece to play beside him over the next decade. The whole franchise has rocks for brains.

nixluva
USA
3/31/2017  10:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:

The more these kids play without Melo and Rose the more they'll develop and adapt to more minutes. It's bound to happen. I think the Knicks see this as more important than more Ping Pong Balls. I can't blame them for wanting to see the kids develop.

Knicks are tied for 6th at this point and the TWolves are 2 games better. Knicks are 1 game behind the Sixers for the 5th spot. You all know what's probably going to happen. That last game may decide it all for the 5th spot.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

3/31/2017  10:46 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
magicTs wrote:What a complete ****ing joke. Thats the breaking point for me. The people running this franchise are completely clueless and years more turgid bull**** awaits. We have a golden opportunity to tank and lose out but no, lets win some meaningless bull**** games and pad our wins. What a shambolic joke we are.

If you watch all the other teams in our tank position (Orlando, Sac, Philly) they are not TRYING to lose games. We did the right thing tonight. Sat Melo and Rose. Played the young guys. They played great?

No offense but that makes no sense. Yes I'm a fan of our young guys BUT winning at this point ONLY hurts us. if this was say 20 games ago I would agree. However you do understand that we are ****ing up our draft position. Its a good draft but the more we win the tougher it gets to nab a possible cornerstone player. "Sticking it" to riley in a meaningless games does us no favors

1) Never get offended

2) It's not realistic to expect to lose all the rest of the season.

3) Organization did the right thing: played the young guys. That's tanking. No Melo or Rose. You can't expect these kids to try to lose. They played great on O and D and won.

4) The rest of our schedule is brutal--worst among all Tank teams. We will lose. We will get a top 6 pick.

5) It's all about habits. Developing good habits. All good habits from all our young/role players in this game. That's how you build. You don't want these guys playing like ****.

SocraticBallin22

3/31/2017  10:47 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:

The more these kids play without Melo and Rose the more they'll develop and adapt to more minutes. It's bound to happen. I think the Knicks see this as more important than more Ping Pong Balls. I can't blame them for wanting to see the kids develop.

Knicks are tied for 6th at this point and the TWolves are 2 games better. Knicks are 1 game behind the Sixers for the 5th spot. You all know what's probably going to happen. That last game may decide it all for the 5th spot.

Right on, NIX. I'd be royally pissed if we played Melo and Rose monster minutes (like we've been doing) and won the game. We did the right thing and still won the game. Can't bitch about that.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

3/31/2017  10:49 PM
Wow, just got back to see this. Great effort by the yoots. Hard to blame them. Think organazation is jinxed though. Everyone who is more of a Phil fan and Melo, Rose hater than a true Knick fan must love this win. Keep in mind Miami shot 8 for 32 from 3pt. line. If you think these set of guys are going to beat anyone but teams that shoot that poorly, your sadly mistaken. Not a fan of tanking but amazing how Knicks continue to be jinxed. Orlando up big on OKC and lose. Up on Boston and lose. And our sorry asses are pulling out meaningless wins. Smh. Hopefully its fate and it leads us to a player that makes a difference.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
SocraticBallin22

magicTs wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

If you watch all the other teams in our tank position (Orlando, Sac, Philly) they are not TRYING to lose games. We did the right thing tonight. Sat Melo and Rose. Played the young guys. They played great?

Yeah I'm so happy our young players (several of whom will never be good enough to play game in game out or at least substantial minutes) won us a game that could have repercussions for many seasons. Just thrilled.

Disagree. KP and Willy are the cornerstone of our future--both played great. Lee,Holiday are good role players will be here next year. Baker bounced back from a ****ty game and played a nice all-around game after users were running him out of town. He can be a rotation player. Same with Randle.

nixluva
USA
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

No offense but that makes no sense. Yes I'm a fan of our young guys BUT winning at this point ONLY hurts us. if this was say 20 games ago I would agree. However you do understand that we are ****ing up our draft position. Its a good draft but the more we win the tougher it gets to nab a possible cornerstone player. "Sticking it" to riley in a meaningless games does us no favors

1) Never get offended

2) It's not realistic to expect to lose all the rest of the season.

3) Organization did the right thing: played the young guys. That's tanking. No Melo or Rose. You can't expect these kids to try to lose. They played great on O and D and won.

4) The rest of our schedule is brutal--worst among all Tank teams. We will lose. We will get a top 6 pick.

5) It's all about habits. Developing good habits. All good habits from all our young/role players in this game. That's how you build. You don't want these guys playing like ****.

I think people are having flashbacks and going thru PTSD from the many other times we blew the draft by one game. I don't think that's the case this time. As you say the Knicks have some tough games coming up. Even after this win they are still close enough to the 5th spot to still get it. No panic just gotta see what happens. I'm more upset with the win we got with Melo that wasn't necessary. He could've just stayed in street clothes.

Kemet
Member: #6148

3/31/2017  10:53 PM
Sasha veteran-leadership came with hustle and communication .. plus much better than Melo/Rose leadership put together! We shouldve made Sasha our 6th man at the start of the season rather than DNP him for the season
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/31/2017  10:53 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
magicTs wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Yeah I'm so happy our young players (several of whom will never be good enough to play game in game out or at least substantial minutes) won us a game that could have repercussions for many seasons. Just thrilled.

Disagree. KP and Willy are the cornerstone of our future--both played great. Lee,Holiday are good role players will be here next year. Baker bounced back from a ****ty game and played a nice all-around game after users were running him out of town. He can be a rotation player. Same with Randle.

Holiday is a free agent. It will be interesting to see if they bring him back. He is a bit older and probably gets paid. But if the Knicks see him as a Lance type player then they should bring him back. If Holiday is back do you trade Lee?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
magicTs
Member: #5564

3/31/2017  10:55 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
magicTs wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

We are going to need a hell of a lot more than that. Miami shot terribly, our young players played hard. Every one of these meaningless games won are killing our lottery pick and ensuring further seasons of no play off basketball never mind the delusional idea we might actually compete into June! The stupidity of the decision makers in charge of this franchise literally knows no bounds.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/31/2017  10:59 PM
Why are knicks fans still trying to draw conclusions from wins? This team has won and played close with many different line ups and it never leads to anything. The team looked pretty good offensive against a mediocre team who didn't shoot well from 3.
nixluva
USA
3/31/2017  11:02 PM
magicTs wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
magicTs wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

We are going to need a hell of a lot more than that. Miami shot terribly, our young players played hard. Every one of these meaningless games won are killing our lottery pick and ensuring further seasons of no play off basketball never mind the delusional idea we might actually compete into June! The stupidity of the decision makers in charge of this franchise literally knows no bounds.

You've gotta look at the rest of the Knicks schedule which isn't easy. Just gotta see how it goes.

APRIL	        OPPONENT	
Sun, Apr 2 vs Boston

Tue, Apr 4 vs Chicago

Thu, Apr 6 vs Washington

Fri, Apr 7 @ Memphis

Sun, Apr 9 vs Toronto

Wed, Apr 12 vs Philadelphia

Right now the Knicks are still right there in a decent spot and with the Lottery you just never know. Our greatest Odds are to stay right where we're at if we end the season tied for 6.

nixluva
USA
3/31/2017  11:04 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Why are knicks fans still trying to draw conclusions from wins? This team has won and played close with many different line ups and it never leads to anything. The team looked pretty good offensive against a mediocre team who didn't shoot well from 3.

Actually the Heat are scrappy defensive team. The Knicks were executing and playing hard on D. Now the Heat aren't great offensively but for these kids it was a good showing and they looked more CONFIDENT and in sync than we've seen them minus Melo and Rose.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/31/2017  11:05 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Why are knicks fans still trying to draw conclusions from wins? This team has won and played close with many different line ups and it never leads to anything. The team looked pretty good offensive against a mediocre team who didn't shoot well from 3.

You're right that we shouldn't read too much into this game, but I disagree about how we won. It was more about what the Knicks were doing than what the Heat werent. Some of the best ball movement Ive seen all season. Heat had some quality players on the floor, even without Waiters. And it was an away game against a team that really needed a W. Good team win.

TankThread: Knicks @ Heat for Part II of home and home

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy