[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What happened to Carmelo??
Author Thread
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
8/16/2004  2:42 PM
Why didnt larry brown play him that much yesterday, i think he is probly one of the best shooters on this team and he is used to the zone cause it was only a couple of years ago he was facing them at syracuse, i dont understand why he hardly played
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
8/16/2004  3:03 PM
Posted by NYK3:

Why didnt larry brown play him that much yesterday, i think he is probly one of the best shooters on this team and he is used to the zone cause it was only a couple of years ago he was facing them at syracuse, i dont understand why he hardly played

Yeah, well I guess Detroit fans can calm down about not drafting Melo. Apparently, Larry Brown wouldn't have used him either. I don't think Brown is doing a very good job over there. They need a full time coach for the USA program who knows how to beat a zone.
¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/16/2004  3:14 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by NYK3:

Yeah, well I guess Detroit fans can calm down about not drafting Melo. Apparently, Larry Brown wouldn't have used him either. I don't think Brown is doing a very good job over there. They need a full time coach for the USA program who knows how to beat a zone.

You beat the zone with dead eye shooters. Let me know who you would play to beat the zone.

Larry Brown is one of the best American coaches out there.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/16/2004  3:19 PM
I would start Carmelo over Jefferson
rojasmas
Member: #639
8/16/2004  6:56 PM
So would I. Jefferson doesn't belong as a starter.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
NYK3
USA
8/16/2004  7:31 PM
IMO Jefferson doesnt even belong on the team, Michael Redd should be there instead of him.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/17/2004  3:29 AM
blablabla...marbury sucks
blablabla...jefferson shouldn't be there
blablabla...this team is flawed
blablabla...should change the coach
blablabla...don't have shooters
blablabla...international rules sucks
blablabla...
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/17/2004  11:28 AM
here's some more pathetic stuff coming out of this "Dream Team":

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0817p2main0817.html
"It's a copout to say we didn't send our best team over there," he said. "They just don't know how to play. If these guys aren't scoring, they don't do anything else to help their team win."

It figures, since this is an NBA contingent and the league is dealing with the same issues. It's a league infested by stat rats - those interested only in their own box score.

"Of course, if you give a guy the ball and say score, he'll get some points," Barkley said. "But when you play with other good players, they're going to have the ball sometimes. You have to do other things.

"The other guys (complain) about playing time or shots and things like that because they can't do anything but score."

We offer Carmelo Anthony, who guaranteed gold before the Games, as Exhibit A.

"Three minutes," he told reporters of his playing time against Puerto Rico. "I came over here to help my team. I didn't come over to just come over for a great experience. Some guys came out and they were 0 for 8. I shot the ball three times."

That's a stat rat.

"I've said publicly before that I didn't enjoy 1996 as much as 1992," Barkley said. "In 1992 there were no complaints from anybody. In 1996, we had a couple of guys who didn't come to practice because they were unhappy about playing time.

"You know, all these young guys think us older guys are getting on their (cases) because we don't like 'em. That's not true.

"I'm hoping they'll still win the gold medal. We want them to do well. They just don't know how to play."

normally, i'm very critical of Sir Charles & his stupid comments, but this is 1 time i happen to fully agree w/everything he said...when you have guys like Carmelo Anthony complaining about minutes, you have a problem here...this team needs to get their priorities straight...did they join this team to get more worldwide exposure & earn more international marketing dollar revenue by putting up individual stats, or did they come here to win a damn MEDAL?!

hey Melo, time to shut your trap & play some TEAM BASKETBALL! & that goes for all your teammates as well!

[Edited by - TMS on 08/17/2004 11:31:46]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
8/17/2004  11:32 AM
Posted by TMS:

We offer Carmelo Anthony, who guaranteed gold before the Games, as Exhibit A.

"Three minutes," he told reporters of his playing time against Puerto Rico. "I came over here to help my team. I didn't come over to just come over for a great experience. Some guys came out and they were 0 for 8. I shot the ball three times."

That's a stat rat.

Maybe that's why detroit didnt pick carmelo - he might not have fit into their team game idea
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/17/2004  11:33 AM
let me clarify, i do agree that a guy who goes 0 for 8 needs to get his butt back to the bench & let the other guys play...but i don't like Carmelo complaining about it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
mattinNH
Member: #695
8/17/2004  11:39 AM
HAHA, does melo think he'll get more time by complaining about it to the press?? lol. I don't think he understands larry brown at all. =P
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
8/17/2004  5:09 PM
Unfortunately Melo is the face of the NBA today.Lots of flash,only out for himself,and not as good as he thinks he is.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/17/2004  5:26 PM
thats the difference between melo and bron... did you see bron's intensity, he didnt play that much either, but damn did he give the team some life, some quick baskets and tenacious Defense, while melo just bitched and shot long range bricks.
NYK3
USA
8/17/2004  5:36 PM
I agree timmyTtop...Lebron was hustling his *** off, he played with great intensity
What happened to Carmelo??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy