[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Damp for exempt? If not then who?
Author Thread
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
8/16/2004  6:40 PM
If Dampier doesnt pan out and we can get baker for the LLE, can we sign someone like Fizer to the entire MLE for one year? that way we can see how he works out, and if he isn't doing it, we can trade him like an expiring contract. If we cant sign him for one year i'd give him a 2 year deal - the more we sign him to, the more of an expiring contract he is, and it's not like we are going to get under the cap before TT and penny come off the books. I doubt a 2 year MLE is really gonna hurt dolan either
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
AUTOADVERT
RonRon
Member: #246
8/16/2004  7:05 PM
u guys make no sense.... how many PF do we have? what position does fizer play? antoher undersized pf... what does that do for our team?
Darius miles = athleticsm at 3. Darius miles is a higly athletic player with no shot... did u see this guy play with lebron in the begginign of the season? He can go easily 2-12 on any given night on shots? What we need is a Center. A post player, A shot blocker, a banger. We need a center desperatly and shot blocking 4s that are athletic a great too aka stro.

And for u all non dampier believers cause of ur "stats" theories. Take it from JO a player in the league. He knows what dampier can bring to the club and appreciates it. Allan houston hints of a dampier for a big man. take it from these players, they know what they need and dont doubt dampier because hes definately one of the better 5s out there.

the only ones better than him are

Ben Wallace
Shaq
Duncan
JO
Yao

The only ones that can match his strength and size are
Shak, Duncan, Ben wallace, yao? hes weak but still tall
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/16/2004  7:33 PM
try to read a bit slower. the thread is about "if we CANT get Dampier" what would u spend your money on? hopefully we can still get dampier for the mle. i reviewed the atlanta salary cap and im pretty sure that qualifying offer to Joel P is wrong. Joel P was close to signing with Portland yesterday.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/16/2004  7:36 PM
Posted by RonRon:

u guys make no sense.... how many PF do we have? what position does fizer play? antoher undersized pf... what does that do for our team?
Darius miles = athleticsm at 3. Darius miles is a higly athletic player with no shot... did u see this guy play with lebron in the begginign of the season? He can go easily 2-12 on any given night on shots? What we need is a Center. A post player, A shot blocker, a banger. We need a center desperatly and shot blocking 4s that are athletic a great too aka stro.

And for u all non dampier believers cause of ur "stats" theories. Take it from JO a player in the league. He knows what dampier can bring to the club and appreciates it. Allan houston hints of a dampier for a big man. take it from these players, they know what they need and dont doubt dampier because hes definately one of the better 5s out there.

the only ones better than him are

Ben Wallace
Shaq
Duncan
JO
Yao

The only ones that can match his strength and size are
Shak, Duncan, Ben wallace, yao? hes weak but still tall
I'd take Yao off that list and add Jamal Magloire to it. I agree with everything you said about Fizer

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/16/2004 19:37:17]
Bonn1997
USA
8/16/2004  7:39 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

try to read a bit slower. the thread is about "if we CANT get Dampier" what would u spend your money on? hopefully we can still get dampier for the mle. i reviewed the atlanta salary cap and im pretty sure that qualifying offer to Joel P is wrong. Joel P was close to signing with Portland yesterday.
I'd spend it on Baker and Keon Clark; ideally one of them would take the LLE and we'd still have a decent chunk of the MLE available after signing the other.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/16/2004  8:43 PM
Nothing wrong with getting young players with potential, but why get more PF's? We have Sweetney to develop.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/16/2004  8:56 PM
Posted by islesfan:

How can you have "The Key to the Deal" coming off the bench???

nazr is a good player, dont u remember the 20 pt 18 reb performance against toronto?
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/16/2004  9:04 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by EnySpree:

Well Isiah also said eh took a gamble trading Doleac cuz he figured he could pick him up again off waivers but Denver beat him to it.

Right, but you can't give him credit for taking a gamble that didn't pay off. I'm not saying I'd rather have Doleac & Van Horn over Nazr & Tim Thomas, as players, but I am saying that if neither Doleac or Nazr were going to be big minutes guys, that I might have liked keeping Van Horn. It's neither here nor there, though, I suppose. As for Nazr, if he ever learned to play some defense, he truly could be a starter in this league.

funny you say that because he has great hands and avg's a steal a game even tho he plays half the game.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
8/16/2004  9:06 PM
Did Zeke get this deal done yet??????????

[Edited by - PhilinLA on 08/16/2004 21:13:05]
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/16/2004  9:28 PM
Mohammed is def not a good defensive player, he looks lost out there at times. He is a great rebounder and a nice garbage collector aka scores without plays run for him. I always fealt like defense can be tought, especially if you have the athletism and strength that Nazi has. But he has been in the league for some time now, so I dunno. I'd love to replace him with a sure thing in Dampier.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/16/2004  10:10 PM
To stay in the fashion of the moment, Doleac and KVH were better shooters.

Talk all you want about Allan being too one dimentional, but TT's 4 rebounds per game avg. is Gazy.

Why is TT kick boxing? why not practice shooting!

Bonn1997
USA
8/16/2004  11:01 PM
Just because he's kickboxing doesn't mean he's not also working on his shooting or any other aspect of his game Nalod
Damp for exempt? If not then who?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy