[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Damp for exempt? If not then who?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/16/2004  12:58 PM
Posted by TLover:

We can sign a guy like Marcus Fizer who is still young and has a somewhat similar game to Sweetney's

He's a decent guy to look at since the Knicks need more skill than anything. Fizer always plays well when healthy and getting the minutes....Yeah he's similiar to Sweetney but at least he's good....and proven that he can score and rebound in this league.....

Detroit signed McDyess for what? He gives Rasheed a breather and Detroit shouldn't miss a step.

I'm all for signing Fizer.....maybe if Dampier can't come they should split that exemption with Baker and Fizer......or if Damp comes in a trade the Knicks could still split the exemption on Baker and Fizer to fill out the roster.

Thing with that the Knicks have to burn KT.....why can't the Knicks do a trade like the Nets did and just trade KT for something stupid like someones 5 mill exemption, which you can do.....

Fizer, Baker, Swift, and Clark are still out there.....what ya'll think?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/16/2004  1:07 PM
Karl Malone's still out there too. Heck, I'd rather have him than Nazy start at center.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
8/16/2004  1:12 PM
How can you have "The Key to the Deal" coming off the bench???
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Bonn1997
USA
8/16/2004  1:37 PM
Posted by islesfan:

The player he replaced came off the bench too. Having Nazy come off the bench instead of Doleac is still a significant upgrade in our bench
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
8/16/2004  1:43 PM
I would want a true center if we could find one. Otherwise Kurt is probably a better option than signing Fizer. I doubt Malone would want to play here and he has but 1 or 2 years left in him. Unless you guys know of any centers still out there that are available I think we should just stand pat is Dampier doesn't sign here.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
8/16/2004  1:50 PM
Posted by Andrew:

I would want a true center if we could find one. Otherwise Kurt is probably a better option than signing Fizer. I doubt Malone would want to play here and he has but 1 or 2 years left in him. Unless you guys know of any centers still out there that are available I think we should just stand pat is Dampier doesn't sign here.

If Lenny and Zeke think that Keon Clark has anything left in the tank, he wouldn't be a bad addition. We need a shot-blocker. It'd be nice to draft the next Dalembert one of these years...
¿ △ ?
Andrew
USA
8/16/2004  1:56 PM
HoopsHype list of FA Centers:

Mengke Bateer, Chris Burgess, Eric Chenowith, Kip Christianson, Keith Closs, Peter Cornell, Nigel Dixon, Robb Dryden, John Edwards, Greg Foster, Steve Goodrich, Paul Grant, Thomas Hamilton, Ben Handlogten, Ken Johnson, Nate Huffman, Steven Hunter, Jonathan Kerner, Lari Ketner, Travis Knight, James Lang, Kris Lang, Chris Marcus, Dan McClintock, Jelani McCoy, Geoff Owens, Olden Polynice, Livan Pyfrom, Eric Riley, Stanley Roberts, Ron Rollerson, Shawnelle Scott, Nick Sheppard, Michael Smith, Seth Sundberg, Slavko Vranes, Sonny Watson and Joe White

Not a good list to choose from.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
USA
8/16/2004  1:58 PM
Anyone think Steven Hunter is worth a shot?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/16/2004  2:08 PM
A look for a large trade exemption and offer to buy it and offer stromile swift a full 6 years

B. go cheap and try to sign 1-2 rookie FA or young players like Marcus Douthit

C. use half of the MLE to acquire darius miles
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/16/2004  2:09 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

A look for a large trade exemption and offer to buy it and offer stromile swift a full 6 years

B. go cheap and try to sign 1-2 rookie FA or young players like Marcus Douthit

C. use half of the MLE to acquire darius miles

D break it up on two young promising players like marcus fizer and rodney white
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/16/2004  2:11 PM
anything to get Swift works for me... you know where I stand on that.

We dont have roster spaces

Miles is a RFA and balked at Portland's offer which was in the MLE range. They will match any MLE offer (gladly). He's looking for a deal like Crawford just got and will play for the QO next year rather than settle.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/16/2004  2:39 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Anyone think Steven Hunter is worth a shot?
yeah, steven hunter and/or James Lang are both great options - let Agguire work with them.

sign them for 3 years at the minimum-level salary, unguaranteed contract.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/16/2004  2:47 PM
How about that HS kid from 2 drafts ago. James Lang. A young one to mold. He definately has the mass to throw around Shaq. I would also consider Mengke Bateer. He is a big dude with 6 fouls that can annoy Shaq.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/16/2004  3:23 PM
there aren't any good bigmen available that would be worth using the MLE on...if Isiah can't sign Dampier, then i think he should just stand pat unless he can sign either Rodney White or Keon Clark w/a portion of the MLE.

another player i like is Dan Gadzuric, but has he already signed somewhere?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/16/2004  4:07 PM
Posted by islesfan:

That comment, on the other hand, is fair. The majority argued that Van Horn was significantly better than Tim Thomas, but they liked the trade because we got two starters for the price of one. If Nazr isn't a starter anymore, can you guys honestly say you really like the trade more than being a wash (aka: lateral move)? I think TT has been okay, in fairness, but his poor rebounding, sometimes lax/uninspired defense (and his comments about K-Mart in the playoffs) got to me a bit. If Nazr is a 24+ mpg guy, then I agree with it. If Nazr becomes a 15-20 mpg guy and loses most of his trade value, was this trade still worth it? Just wondering.

[Edited by - Solace on 08/16/2004 16:08:42]
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/16/2004  4:15 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by islesfan:

That comment, on the other hand, is fair. The majority argued that Van Horn was significantly better than Tim Thomas, but they liked the trade because we got two starters for the price of one. If Nazr isn't a starter anymore, can you guys honestly say you really like the trade more than being a wash (aka: lateral move)? I think TT has been okay, in fairness, but his poor rebounding, sometimes lax/uninspired defense (and his comments about K-Mart in the playoffs) got to me a bit. If Nazr is a 24+ mpg guy, then I agree with it. If Nazr becomes a 15-20 mpg guy and loses most of his trade value, was this trade still worth it? Just wondering.

[Edited by - Solace on 08/16/2004 16:08:42]

I still like that trade. TT has impressed me more than KVH did. I'll bring up that Milwaukee game one final time. Both had similar stats, but TT came through when we needed it, while KVH choked. I also like the fact that Timmy has more of a post game.
I don't really have an oppinion on the Nazr/Doleac part of the deal. It wouldn't have mattered to me if we kept Doleac or if we traded for Nazr. But if we don't find a starting center, I feel more comfortable with Nazr in the paint.
Bonn1997
USA
8/16/2004  4:19 PM
To me it was worth it, Solace, for the following reasons:

(a) I never viewed Nazy as the key to the trade and who knows (or cares) why Isiah *told the media* that he was the key. Maybe he was just being polite to Keith by shifting the focus to Nazy and Doleac.

(b) I prefer having TT than Van Horn anyway because I think they're about equal players now (the one and only advantage Van Horn has is rebounding). The biggest difference to me is that I think Van Horn has reached his peak, while TT hasn't.

(c) I think the kickboxing TT's doing this summer will be great for his game. It was great for Kobe's game and anyone who's ever done kickboxing (as I have) knows that it's a *fantastic* work out for your entire body.

(d) Even if Nazy was actually the key to the trade in Isiah's mind, I still think he's a better player than Doleac. I don't mind if the "key to the trade" simply meant a big improvement in our bench by ugrading backup C while upgrading or at least not sacrificing SF in my view.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/16/2004  5:12 PM
Well Isiah also said eh took a gamble trading Doleac cuz he figured he could pick him up again off waivers but Denver beat him to it.

Rodney White and Marcus Fizer would be great if Isiah could get both.....It seems like there has already be a hand shake deal with Baker. I'd rather have Fizer now that we've been talking about him.

Well technically Rodney White would be a waste since we have Penny and Damndum.

Fizer and Baker.....
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/16/2004  5:54 PM
why do you need Fizer when you already have Sweetney, KT, JYD & Baker at the PF & Tim Thomas, Penny, Shandon & Ariza at the SF?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/16/2004  6:29 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Well Isiah also said eh took a gamble trading Doleac cuz he figured he could pick him up again off waivers but Denver beat him to it.

Right, but you can't give him credit for taking a gamble that didn't pay off. I'm not saying I'd rather have Doleac & Van Horn over Nazr & Tim Thomas, as players, but I am saying that if neither Doleac or Nazr were going to be big minutes guys, that I might have liked keeping Van Horn. It's neither here nor there, though, I suppose. As for Nazr, if he ever learned to play some defense, he truly could be a starter in this league.
Damp for exempt? If not then who?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy