[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

TankThread: Knicks host Heat for Part 1 of home and home
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

3/30/2017  9:56 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Good tank game - KP and Willy had their opportunities 20 points/8 boards/3 blocks and 12 points/9 boards and the team lost.
Got fortunate that Rose was out, with Rose this may have been a different game.
Also seems Hornachek is all in on the tank. He was playing full D-League lineups at various times in the game.
Melo also buys into something. The tank.

With this mentality from the coaching staff and Melo, I think we're good for maybe 1 or 2 more wins at bets rest of the way.

On the game

- While Ron is a much better defender than Rose, it's clear the huge difference in his abilities. He is not a starting level PG. He could not set up players or finish his drives. We need a PG bad if we let Rose go. KP, Willy can't play with a rookie PG or a backup PG next season. Not good for their development as the shots will get harder for them.

- KP is moving much better within the Triangle and gets the offense much better than others. I think KP has was telling guys where to go a few times. He also was looking to get into his spots in the paint very well. The team sucks at getting him the ball when he has his man sealed or his spins and gets open in the paint. It's so easy to throw that lob or pass but the team lacks the skill to do it. We need better passers around KP and Willy next year. I really see a huge improvement in KP's shot selection in the Triangle.

- Willy has great ability as a roller and his post moves are very fluid. He struggled in this game a little, but still he just looks so fluid in the paint. This guy has legit 15/10 ability. He should aim for tjose numbers next year.

- I'm not his biggest fan, nor do I believe he is a starter, but I think Chasson has more talent and NBA level skill than Ron. I would like to see both back next year, but as third string backups. On a good team, neither is a backup. Chasson is the better talent though.

all good points. not as down on baker. he has more talent as a shooter than we're seeing and I think he's better in a hybrid type roll. from what I saw he's a better catch-and-shoot shooter than we're seeing and i'm hoping they're patient with him. He should be on the team because he's a good egg. Agree re Chasson too

And also agree re quality 2-way pg. Can you imagine what KP and Willy would be like with a CP3. People wouldn't be harping on their defensive inadequacies so much because KP and Willy would be absolutely punishing the opponent on the offensive end.

fingers cross for next season. (And as an aside it seems to me that Phil is trying to build the team inside out, starting with front court players first -- similar to the way some football teams do same -- starting with the lines and then moving out [QB- excepted]

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Member: #6148

3/30/2017  11:08 AM
Hubie Brown weighed in on KP when Clyde asked him his opinion about KP said he's got unique skills for his size but now he has to put in the work to get stronger and play in the post. Agree completely, taking more jump shots is not going to make him a better shooter. Get stronger and play in the post and he'll reach his potential.

Then they showed highlights of Nurkic big game in POR, making an impact as a big man. Time for the Knicks to take KPs development seriously instead of fooling around improving his dribbling and tightening up his shooting mechanics.

reub
Member: #6227

3/30/2017  11:56 AM
Kemet wrote:Hubie Brown weighed in on KP when Clyde asked him his opinion about KP said he's got unique skills for his size but now he has to put in the work to get stronger and play in the post. Agree completely, taking more jump shots is not going to make him a better shooter. Get stronger and play in the post and he'll reach his potential.

Then they showed highlights of Nurkic big game in POR, making an impact as a big man. Time for the Knicks to take KPs development seriously instead of fooling around improving his dribbling and tightening up his shooting mechanics.

KP is not Nurcik and Nurcik is not KP. KP is not going to be a bruiser. He has great skills that must be utilized. Appreciate what we have and don't make him into something else.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/30/2017  11:57 AM
Kemet wrote:Hubie Brown weighed in on KP when Clyde asked him his opinion about KP said he's got unique skills for his size but now he has to put in the work to get stronger and play in the post. Agree completely, taking more jump shots is not going to make him a better shooter. Get stronger and play in the post and he'll reach his potential.

There's a lot to KP's improvement that has to do with his physical genetics. He's not a guy that puts on muscle easily. Some guys just naturally build muscle faster than others and KP is not one of those guys. We knew it was gonna take time for KP to physically develop.

KP worked on his handles and did improve and I'm sure he's going to target other weaknesses in his game this summer and continue that process the next summer. It takes TIME to work on skills and physical training to get stronger. Especially if you do it naturally!!!

Kemet

3/30/2017  12:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/30/2017  12:16 PM
reub wrote:

KP is not Nurcik and Nurcik is not KP. KP is not going to be a bruiser. He has great skills that must be utilized. Appreciate what we have and don't make him into something else.

Under Hubie Brown coaching .. KP would be a 55% FG shooter plus give a double-double game his first two season in the league, plus KP would not be dribbling the ball till his 3rd season in the NBA.

Kemet

3/30/2017  12:16 PM
nixluva wrote:

There's a lot to KP's improvement that has to do with his physical genetics. He's not a guy that puts on muscle easily. Some guys just naturally build muscle faster than others and KP is not one of those guys. We knew it was gonna take time for KP to physically develop.

KP worked on his handles and did improve and I'm sure he's going to target other weaknesses in his game this summer and continue that process the next summer. It takes TIME to work on skills and physical training to get stronger. Especially if you do it naturally!!!

KP dont know how to play WINNING-BALL .. having talent and not knowing how or when to use certain talent is KP biggest weakness.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/30/2017  12:26 PM
Kemet wrote:
nixluva wrote:

KP dont know how to play WINNING-BALL .. having talent and not knowing how or when to use certain talent is KP biggest weakness.

Not many 21 yr olds know how to win in the NBA! We all agree KP is in need of more development and he is WELL aware of this and has the work ethic to go and seek out help to learn what he needs to do.
I'm very happy about having KP and I look forward to watching him develop over the years!!!

Kemet

3/30/2017  2:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
Kemet wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Not many 21 yr olds know how to win in the NBA! We all agree KP is in need of more development and he is WELL aware of this and has the work ethic to go and seek out help to learn what he needs to do.
I'm very happy about having KP and I look forward to watching him develop over the years!!!

Its not bout age, its bout performing winning B.Ball down the stretch .. KP is clueless of tightening the defense for stops, plus KP is clueless of speeding up the tempo for a quick two pts, the two areas where a center and PG belong on the same-page down the stretch. The blame may go to the Knicks poor head-coaches Fisher/Rambis/Hornacek for not coaching winning B.Ball in the 4th quarter or during any of our close crunchtime games the past 2 seasons. The coaches mention never develope a defensive-lineup, nor did they create a lineup to score quickly under 10 seconds. When the head coach consistently DNP the team winning players (Lopez/Quinn/Noah/Sasha/Holiday/Jennings) from receiving playing-time in the 4th quarter .. Fans has to think Knicks are TANKING again.
KP development suppose to be 70% improvement during the season, and 30% training on weakness during the offseason. When u look at KP 2 year performance u see a 7.3 player with a few high-light moves in a game.

TankThread: Knicks host Heat for Part 1 of home and home

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy