[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maybe Gaynes told Phil Frank hast beast potential..
Author Thread
KP4Life
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6117
USA
3/27/2017  10:38 PM
So don't bothereally tanking. At least I hope..
AUTOADVERT
wargames
Member: #6053

3/27/2017  10:41 PM
No that was just another stupid win..... nothing more, nothing less
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/27/2017  11:06 PM
We aren't losing every game to finish the year. That's just not realistic.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/27/2017  11:32 PM
Knixkik wrote:We aren't losing every game to finish the year. That's just not realistic.

This is the Knicks man! It'll happen!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
mendoza1906
Member: #6464

3/28/2017  12:44 AM
This doesn't make sense. If this was the case we could have tried to tank and tried to get the best pick possible. And than find a trading partner (let's say somebody like the trail blazers) to trade down our pick to them for their pick and a early second round pick(s).
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/28/2017  1:15 AM
you guys are funny, you actually think this team was tanking..Tanking would mean starting baker, randle and ndour
ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/28/2017  3:36 AM
Knixkik wrote:We aren't losing every game to finish the year. That's just not realistic.

We don't need to- look at the tank standings, we only need to lose 1 or 2 games and we're at the 8th spot in the draft. 1 or 2 games- we'd better not risk it then?! What moron would do that?!, you say:

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/28/2017  9:12 AM
You can't tank against a team that is in free fall like the Pistons are.
They are just that bad at the moment.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/28/2017  9:25 AM
I hope Frank does. The more depth and talent up top the better. Workouts will be telling.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/28/2017  9:33 AM
Nalod wrote:You can't tank against a team that is in free fall like the Pistons are.
They are just that bad at the moment.

That's it. Don't worry though we probably won't win too much more

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/28/2017  10:48 AM
smackeddog wrote:

We don't need to- look at the tank standings, we only need to lose 1 or 2 games and we're at the 8th spot in the draft. 1 or 2 games- we'd better not risk it then?! What moron would do that?!, you say:

What does that even mean Jeff?

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

3/28/2017  10:59 AM
knicks1248 wrote:you guys are funny, you actually think this team was tanking..Tanking would mean starting baker, randle and ndour

It's amazing how many times it needs to be said that players and coaches do not tank and you can't blame them for that. I'm with everyone on wanting as high a pick as possible but i like what Hornachek said after the game that maybe the teams that do keep playing hard and not tank will get some good karma when the ping pong balls come up. We won 2 out of our last 3 games last year and ended up with KP.

newyorker4ever

3/28/2017  11:05 AM
fishmike wrote:I hope Frank does. The more depth and talent up top the better. Workouts will be telling.

A top 8 pick guarantees us one of:

M.Fultz
L.Ball
J.Jackson
D.Smith
D.Fox
F.Nitkilinajhjabshuem
J.Tatum
M.Monk

I'd be happy with any of them so we just need to stay in the top 8 and who knows how them ping pong balls will come up.

Even after those 8 there's still some strong looking players after that but not many of need for us after maybe J.Issac/M.Bridges cause the next guys are all big guys and we're more than good there.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/28/2017  11:06 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:you guys are funny, you actually think this team was tanking..Tanking would mean starting baker, randle and ndour

It's amazing how many times it needs to be said that players and coaches do not tank and you can't blame them for that. I'm with everyone on wanting as high a pick as possible but i like what Hornachek said after the game that maybe the teams that do keep playing hard and not tank will get some good karma when the ping pong balls come up. We won 2 out of our last 3 games last year and ended up with KP.

All jokes aside, i actually do think Ntilikina is the most likely pick for this team, if we don't draft in the top 3. Assuming we draft 6th or 7th, i see Ntilikina checking all of the boxes of what both Phil and Hornacek would want. Fox is amazing, but lacks the outside shooting, Monk is amazing but might lack the position on defense, and Smith is great but seems a lot like Rose. Ntilikina is a big guard, who can shoot, defend, and pass. It's rare to find a guy who has upside in all 3 areas. My biggest concern with him really is does he have star potential like the other guys? And will we have the patience for a player who is still 18 years old? But this player has the look of a Phil pick.

newyorker4ever

3/28/2017  11:29 AM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

All jokes aside, i actually do think Ntilikina is the most likely pick for this team, if we don't draft in the top 3. Assuming we draft 6th or 7th, i see Ntilikina checking all of the boxes of what both Phil and Hornacek would want. Fox is amazing, but lacks the outside shooting, Monk is amazing but might lack the position on defense, and Smith is great but seems a lot like Rose. Ntilikina is a big guard, who can shoot, defend, and pass. It's rare to find a guy who has upside in all 3 areas. My biggest concern with him really is does he have star potential like the other guys? And will we have the patience for a player who is still 18 years old? But this player has the look of a Phil pick.

I absolutely think they have Frank as a kid they'd love to get but i wouldn't count D.Fox or Monk out cause of their defense. Frank might not even make it to the 7th or 8th slot. The good thing is if we end up in the top 8 we will come away with a good player. I really like Tatum and know we need a PG but maybe Phil can shock everyone and sign Jrue Holiday this off season especially if we can get his brother to re-sign with us. I can't wait for the off season to get here and of course the draft.

smackeddog
3/28/2017  11:45 AM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/28/2017  12:27 PM
Wow, impressive scouting video. This kid looks great for us. Checks all the boxes, with an extra checkmark in the D box. Anything pick 6 or lower and he's a no-brainer. Picks 1-5 he probably won't be our guy.

1. Fultz/Ball
2. Ball/Fultz
3. JJ
4. Monk/Fox
5. Fox/Monk
6. Frank

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/28/2017  12:42 PM
I suppose its ok to ask about the credentials of the guy who put together the video?
competition looked kind of weak and labeling a video before the play is very convincing.
Sure the kid looked good, but we'll know more when he comes in for tryouts with teams.
The Euro's don't get hyped until later in the process. More to choose from.
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/28/2017  12:44 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

What does that even mean Jeff?

I was saying the exact thing in my head then scrolled down to your post..
ES
smackeddog
3/28/2017  1:15 PM
Nalod wrote:I suppose its ok to ask about the credentials of the guy who put together the video?
competition looked kind of weak and labeling a video before the play is very convincing.
Sure the kid looked good, but we'll know more when he comes in for tryouts with teams.
The Euro's don't get hyped until later in the process. More to choose from.

Not sure- they do work for draftexpress, which is the main draft website. Highlight vids always make them look good though- watch the video on 'weaknesses' and they suddenly look awful!

Maybe Gaynes told Phil Frank hast beast potential..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy