[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rose can flat out score but...
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/27/2017  10:31 PM
There is no way he can be the starting PG next season.

It's obvious that the best path towards long-term success is trying to find the pieces that fit with Porzingis. Willy fits alongside him offensively for sure, but defense is the question. I think it's worth letting them work together as starting PF/C, but in order for it to really work, they need to be complimented with defense, shooting, and ball movement. D Rose does none of the 3. As a 6th man, sure, bring him back for 6th man money. He can be great in that jamal crawford/lou Williams role if he embraces it.

Looking at our most likely draft scenarios, we probably finish in the 5-8 range. Let's assume we don't get #1 or 2. If we got lucky enough for 3 or 4, you draft Jackson and plug him into the 3 as a point forward/lock-down defender. He's probably the next Paul George. You trade Melo to LAC, with Rivers coming back as the significant piece. Starters: KP, Willy, Jackson, Lee, Rivers, 6th man Thomas. That surrounds KP and Willy with shooter, defenders, and ball movers.

If you draft Fox, which is more likely, you start him at the PG right away. KP, Willy, Thomas, Lee, and Fox, 6th man Rivers. Great defenders at all positions with Rivers coming off the bench as the ideal 3rd guard. If you draft Monk, you probably put Rivers in the line-up at PG and come off the bench with Monk until you figure out what his natural position is. Same with Ntilikina.

Just my 2 cents. I want to build towards the future with guys who fit well together. Willy is essentially a non-shooter at this point in his career (although he looks like he will get there), so we need the 3 other guys on the court to be able to make shots, defend, and pass. That is the only way to build moving forward. I don't see Rose fitting that equation, at least as a starter. Can't afford to have a position on the court that doesn't give you shooting, defense, or ball movement.

AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/27/2017  10:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  10:57 PM
I see next year as:

Hernangomez/Noah/Porzingis
Porzingis/Kuzminskas/Thomas
SF/Holiday/Kuzminskas
SG/Lee/Baker
PG/Vet PG/Randle

I see us needing to get three new young starters. One from the lottery pick. One from free agency. Other maybe a Melo trade. I also look to trade O'Quinn who has been really better this year, but we need to move him before he cashes in free agency a year from now. We also need more of a wing and stretch 4 than we need O'Quinn.

If Melo stays, I would look to regroup the team differently.

Athletic C/Hernangomez/Noah
Porzingis/Thomas
Melo/Kuzminskas
Lee/Hoiday/Baker
PG/Vet PG/Randle

Use the lottery pick for a PG or combo guard. Use free agency money to attain the best defensive big out there. Look to trade O'Quinn again in this scenario. Still need a vet PG because I can't trust Baker or Randle for a whole season as a backup PG, yet. If Melo is staying with KP, we need to find a starting big next to them that is supremely athletic that doesn't make the team slow or clumsy.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/27/2017  11:08 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I see next year as:

Hernangomez/Noah/Porzingis
Porzingis/Kuzminskas/Thomas
SF/Holiday/Kuzminskas
SG/Lee/Baker
PG/Vet PG/Randle

I see us needing to get three new young starters. One from the lottery pick. One from free agency. Other maybe a Melo trade. I also look to trade O'Quinn who has been really better this year, but we need to move him before he cashes in free agency a year from now. We also need more of a wing and stretch 4 than we need O'Quinn.

If Melo stays, I would look to regroup the team differently.

Athletic C/Hernangomez/Noah
Porzingis/Thomas
Melo/Kuzminskas
Lee/Hoiday/Baker
PG/Vet PG/Randle

Use the lottery pick for a PG or combo guard. Use free agency money to attain the best defensive big out there. Look to trade O'Quinn again in this scenario. Still need a vet PG because I can't trust Baker or Randle for a whole season as a backup PG, yet. If Melo is staying with KP, we need to find a starting big next to them that is supremely athletic that doesn't make the team slow or clumsy.

Completely agree except I see Lee and/or Thomas definitely starting next year. We will have to find replacements eventually but they will both be valued for their defense, shooting, and leadership, all of which will be needed if you have KP, willy, and a young pg.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/28/2017  7:35 AM
I'm open to Lee/Thomas starting because they are 3nD guys, but with KP/Willy still being very young, you want some shot creators around them. Lee nor Thomas can put much pressure on a defense.

Also Thomas/Lee their ceiling is reached. You'd like in a rebuild to get some players in who are younger and who can keep getting better in their role.

Rose can flat out score but...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy