[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Ali had frazier but first beat Liston, Knicks need to tank and not beat Piston!!!
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

3/27/2017  9:40 PM
It's games like this is why I once wanted Knicks to look at keeping Rose
They just won't get a better player in free agency

But I still don't see him ever playing like tonight on a consistent basis

AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
3/27/2017  9:42 PM
Q4 2:40
NYK 104 DET 88
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

nyknickzingis wrote:It's games like this is why I once wanted Knicks to look at keeping Rose

EXACTLY. You cant trust him to be consistent plus his injury history is another issue. Like I said maybe I would tolerate a 1 year del BUT giving him a big contract is basically redoing the Noah signing
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
nyknickzingis wrote:It's games like this is why I once wanted Knicks to look at keeping Rose

Why not try to gain some continuity? I dunno, I go back and forth. I can see both sides.

¿ △ ?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/27/2017  9:43 PM
Detroit is awful - don't mistake our success with our competence.
StarksEwing1

3/27/2017  9:43 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Why not try to gain some continuity? I dunno, I go back and forth. I can see both sides.

Continuity is fine but it has to be the right type. You cant wait for game 73 and say Rose is moving the ball lets give him a big contract. tahst the reason why we have been in such a mess since 2000
ScoreBot
3/27/2017  9:44 PM
Q4 1:44
NYK 108 DET 94
StarksEwing1

3/27/2017  9:44 PM
franco12 wrote:Detroit is awful - don't mistake our success with our competence.
Exactly. Lets be honest Detroit didn't come to play tonight.
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

3/27/2017  9:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  9:45 PM
crzymdups wrote:

How about if we resign Rose (so long it's not a MAX contract) and still draft a point guard and have Rose play more off the ball next year. If we just let him walk, there is no one in free agency to replace his value or talent.

ScoreBot
3/27/2017  9:46 PM
Q4 1:01
NYK 108 DET 95
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

crzymdups wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Not gonna lie - rooting for the team to lose this one...
Most of us are. However we knew they were gonna win some down the stretch.

The tank seems like it will be denied tonight.

Also - I feel like I have noticed a lot more pick and roll tonight from DRose particularly... have they gone away from the Triangle again?

Dont say that too loud. You will ruin the " This is the way the Triangle should go" talk for the night. But then again, they have already learned to ignore any PnR success.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Our starters are shooting 27-41!!!! dammit. Time for some strategic tankery.

Still think Triangle or the system is the problem?
We just need to move the ball
Melo came with a passing mindset early as did Rose
All game we have moved the ball exceptionally well

Just a shame they rarely play with this mentality

So I guess Melo isn't the problem anymore either, huh?

I think we've said from day one that if Melo gets back to being DadMelo that it's a much different story. Rose has been much more in the flow of the offense lately too. Ball Movement and some effort on D is all we've been asking for.

I thought they were selfish, terrible pieces of trash and this whole season was their fault and the franchise was doomed until they left?

This only shows what has been obvious from day 1
KP needed Rose and Melo to play like this all the time
Doesn't matter system or anything

Melo n Rose their mentality has not been like this most of the season

crzymdups
USA
3/27/2017  9:47 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Continuity is fine but it has to be the right type. You cant wait for game 73 and say Rose is moving the ball lets give him a big contract. tahst the reason why we have been in such a mess since 2000

Isn't this the way the team was playing in December before Phil started publicly trashing Melo? Then they had some injuries, some close loses, lost confidence, etc.

Continuity and team play isn't something that happens overnight in the NBA. I dunno... like I said, I go back and forth and can see both sides. Obviously, we're never winning a championship with Melo and Rose as our featured offensive players.

¿ △ ?
ScoreBot
3/27/2017  9:48 PM
Q4 1:01
NYK 109 DET 95
crzymdups
USA
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Our starters are shooting 27-41!!!! dammit. Time for some strategic tankery.

I think we've said from day one that if Melo gets back to being DadMelo that it's a much different story. Rose has been much more in the flow of the offense lately too. Ball Movement and some effort on D is all we've been asking for.

I thought they were selfish, terrible pieces of trash and this whole season was their fault and the franchise was doomed until they left?

That's a flaming pile of baloney and I hope you know it.

¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Member: #582
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Yeah its nice that they are doing it but they have to do it for more than 1 game and haven't been this year. Look I'm fine with melo being here because he is still under contract. However I'm not shelling out big money for Rose who besides tonight hasn't moved the ball well all year

he's been the go to scorer on the bulls for much of his career, is that all suppose to change in 1 chaotic season

Well I guess when he becomes a all-star next year on another team you can say I was wrong then

Possible, but why didn't they waive him like jennings, especially after the rubio drama. My guess is they really wanted to get a look at him in the triangle. I'll give him his market value, he has impress to some degree

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
As much as it's encouraging to see Rose playing better I think it might be smarter to go with younger CHEAPER players that can do similar things and maybe more D and 3pt Shooting. I don't know if it makes sense to invest in Rose at this point. If they did bring him back on a reasonable contract I would not be upset. He's been steadily getting better which has to be noted.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

And KP has not played this much within 20 feet, all year.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
ScoreBot
3/27/2017  9:50 PM
Q4 8.6
NYK 109 DET 95
crzymdups
USA
3/27/2017  9:51 PM
#TankFail
¿ △ ?
Game thread: Ali had frazier but first beat Liston, Knicks need to tank and not beat Piston!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy