[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade Ideas with the Knicks pick........
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/27/2017  8:07 AM

Its a subject that all teams in the lottery have to kick around and field offers.
Not to say they act on it but sometimes it makes sense for a team in transaction.

My wacky out there thought of the day is:

Rose, our no. 1 pick to Minny. They draft Tatum or Josh Jax.

We take Wiggins, Rubio and another asset. Why?
Have to look at it from Minny's perspective might be that Wiggins and Thibs won't get it together and thins would want to groom his own stud. Rose gives them a NOW player, while Tatum/Jax is molded in Thibs image.

Wiggins Then becomes Phil's Kobe stud Triangle dude. he has enough NBA experience to perhaps be accepting of the commitment. Jordan and Kobe needed time before they were able to give them selves over to the "Force". Rubio is a temporary fix at the guard position. Im generally not in favor of trading picks for many reasons, salary is of them (this is attractive to Minny)but this is about Wiggins being the alpha ball stud over anyone else in the draft.

Just kicking it around. Anyone else have any other trade ideas? Nutty or not, all teams will entertain them at the very least.

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

3/27/2017  8:56 AM
They would want more than that. Secondly im really against trading picks especially lottery picks because we always regret it
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/27/2017  8:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  8:57 AM
can we trade rose?

My thought would be if we landed back at 8-10- and not sure we can still the way we're tanking- you perhaps trade back to acquire more picks.

Now, looking at how many players we have under contract for next year (10)- not sure that really makes sense.

Now, maybe we land a top 5 pick and Boston has pick #1 and you trade our pick, our 2nd rounders, KOQ for that #1 pick. Don't know that makes sense, but could be a scenario.

wargames
Member: #6053

3/27/2017  10:18 AM
we can do a sign and trade for Rose, but cannot outright trade him because he is an expiring
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/27/2017  10:36 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:They would want more than that. Secondly im really against trading picks especially lottery picks because we always regret it

Financially rookie contracts make a lot of sense and carry value.
Im basically for NOT trading picks but from a fans perspective the unknown is always better than the known.

Im not a studant on Andrew Wiggins but for sure he has not carried the Franchise as once thought and as some point he gets paid.
At some point one has to judge or risk losing him and his potential. Likewise another team has to pay him as well, and the perspective of value and his potential has to be judged.
"can he rise to the level of Westbrook, Harden, Kobe, or the like? Im not putting him in potential Lebron-Jordan range.
He has been vetted to some extent at the NBA level which would give some tangible knowledge than a kid performing at the college level. Nobody is standing head above another in this draft. Its deep, full of risk, which gives it great opportunity. Someone can walk away with a gem at the 8th pick while the second might be a bust.

Rose gives teams the ability to have scoring now. For instance (Just a concept), Rose and our pick for Dragic and Justise Winslow. If Knicks thought Winslow at his very young age has a ton of potential and triangle wise will do very well, its makes sense. Dragic gives us a great guard in his very prime. The trade is imbalanced, as our pick for winslow is not even, but Dragic for free agent rose is lopsided as Rose is pending free agent. Gives us two starters and a wing for the future. Again, im not lobbying hard for this but its just some skin scratching stuff.

Miami has done very well this year without Winslow. There is the risk Riley drafts a stud, no doubt it has risks. If Winslow can return and put his career back on a trajectory that is excellent its intriguing at the very least. An early injury in a career can really mature a kid and make him realize what it takes to be a professional.

Just kicking around stuff here, just looking at concepts. Rose might have some value. We might just resign him.
Im wondering if Knicks and Minny were looking at a bigger deal and just decided to wait until the off season.

wargames

3/27/2017  11:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  11:21 AM
Right now I think the pick is Fox......

However the only trade I would accept (and potentially be happy with) would be to trade down from #4 for Sacramento's two lottery picks #7 and #10. That works if the goal is to draft NTilkina since I could see him still there at #7 and then they can make a move for another young pick (justin Jackson seems like an ideal Tryangle SF). That of course relies on the idea that the Kings would want to move up for Tatum or Fox.

reub
Member: #6227

3/27/2017  11:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  11:27 AM
wargames wrote:Right now I think the pick is Fox......

However the only trade I would accept (and potentially be happy with) would be to trade down from #4 for Sacramento's two lottery picks #7 and #10. That works if the goal is to draft NTilkina since I could see him still there at #7 and then they can make a move for another young pick (justin Jackson seems like an ideal Tryangle SF). That of course relies on the idea that the Kings would want to move up for Tatum or Fox.

If we the 1 or 2 pick I keep it and take Fultz or Ball. If it's #3 I'd try to move it to Sacramento and take Ntilikina AND Isaac. I'd even throw in my two #2 picks to make it happen if that's what it takes. My reasoning is that Isaac can be as good if not better than Jackson and Ntilikina might be Greek Freak special.

wargames

3/27/2017  11:34 AM
reub wrote:

If we the 1 or 2 pick I keep it and take Fultz or Ball. If it's #3 I'd try to move it to Sacramento and take Ntilikina AND Isaac. I'd even throw in my two #2 picks to make it happen if that's what it takes. My reasoning is that Isaac can be as good if not better than Jackson and Ntilikina might be Greek Freak special.

Yeah I agree with your point. Knicks need to secure #4 just as much for the talent choices there as for the option to trade down with the Kings.

StarksEwing1

3/27/2017  11:34 AM

thats the only possibility i would consider. I dont think sacramento would do that but who knows. I really want a point guard because thats the hardest position to get at least for us it has been
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/27/2017  11:35 AM
The trade sounds reasonable but I just don't want to trade anymore 1st round picks. Specially if it's a lottery pick.
wargames

3/27/2017  11:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  11:41 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

thats the only possibility i would consider. I dont think sacramento would do that but who knows. I really want a point guard because thats the hardest position to get at least for us it has been

I don't know I think they could. They just traded their star player, an option to move up and grab a Tatum or a Fox to potentially replace that would be tough to say no to. For the knicks as much as I hate to say it BPA is not our only concern. We have a star in KP, and a great piece that fits with him in Willy. We need perimeter defense (to keep them out of foul trouble), pass first guys (to get them the ball), who can also shoot midrange shots (when the pass out of there sweet spots) and are less likely to iso ball drive (ala Rose) to score. On the low two players who fit that is Ntilkina and Justin Jackson and they should be there at #7 and #10

StarksEwing1

3/27/2017  11:45 AM
wargames wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I don't know I think they could. They just traded their star player, an option to move up and grab a Tatum or a Fox to potentially replace that would be tough to say no to. For the knicks as much as I hate to say it BPA is not our only concern. We have a star in KP, and a great piece that fits with him in Willy. We need perimeter defense (to keep them out of foul trouble), pass first guys (to get them the ball), who can also shoot midrange shots (when the pass out of there sweet spots) and are less likely to iso ball drive (ala Rose) to score. On the low two players who fit that is Ntilkina and Justin Jackson and they should be there at #7 and #10

i guess we will see. I think if it was a weaker draft they would be more inclined to do it.
wargames

3/27/2017  11:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  11:50 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
wargames wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i guess we will see. I think if it was a weaker draft they would be more inclined to do it.

I agree, but I think they really want that star player. Losing cousins for what they did..... I could definitely see them packaging both picks to get somebody that could become the next face of the franchise like Tatum.

Knicks are trying to run a system and already have something they need to build around in KP & Willy which gives them some options

StarksEwing1

3/27/2017  11:52 AM
wargames wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
wargames wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I agree, but I think they really want that star player. Losing cousins for what they did..... I could definitely see them packaging both picks to get somebody that could become the next face of the franchise like Tatum.

You may be right. I think chances are they will keep the picks because someone is gonna fall it always happens. It would be a intriguing offer for us but it depends where we land. We both know the knicks have a habit of winning unecessary games at the end sadly
wargames

3/27/2017  11:58 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
wargames wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
wargames wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You may be right. I think chances are they will keep the picks because someone is gonna fall it always happens. It would be a intriguing offer for us but it depends where we land. We both know the knicks have a habit of winning unecessary games at the end sadly

Yeah I know..... like I hope the whole reason Hornecek was told they won't fire him was so he could tank without worry..... but the Knicks are going to knick
StarksEwing1

3/27/2017  12:09 PM
wargames wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
wargames wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
wargames wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Yeah I know..... like I hope the whole reason Hornecek was told they won't fire him was so he could tank without worry..... but the Knicks are going to knick
yeah i dont like rooting for losses but i really think if we stay under 30 wins then we are gonna end up with a good player whether we won the lottery or not
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/27/2017  12:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  12:49 PM
Wiggins is a good player that's still only 21.... if Minnesota wanted to trade him for our pick and Rose... I think it's something we need to consider. Wiggins is a 23 pt a game scorer. It's on a bad team but **** that... make the right trade for Melo and you can accelerate this rebuild

But it all depends how this lottery and draft go... this scenerio I'm sure is on the table

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/27/2017  1:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  1:03 PM
Let me set this up right...

If we were to trade for Wiggins, it would be as if we drafted him in 2014. Add Kristaps for the 2015 draft. Willy is a top rookie in 2016... then you trade Melo for a pick this year... or who ever else if we could get a pick this year.

Man that's a serious overhaul. A real rebuild.

Pf: Kristaps
Sf: Wiggins
C: Willy
Pg: Chasson
Sg: possible 2017 draft pick via trade

It's not a bad situation.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/27/2017  1:07 PM
Dear god, haven't we learned?? Don't trade the pick! Even at the draft! No!
¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1

3/27/2017  1:18 PM
crzymdups wrote:Dear god, haven't we learned?? Don't trade the pick! Even at the draft! No!
yeah i doubt anything happens. First off i dont believe the kings or twolves are interested in doing it. The kings have 2 top 10 picks in a strong draft and wiggins is a budding star.
Trade Ideas with the Knicks pick........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy