[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The more I see Marbury
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/16/2004  10:09 AM
The more I want Vince Carter. Now that Crawford is a Knicks I am more willing to trade Marbury. I don't think having a scoring PG is the way to a championship. Before anyone starts with he is from NY and all, I don't think where a person is from is necessarily the way to a championship. I'm starting to question Marbury for the simple reason because I'm expecting a lot from him. I feel that Marbury won't win the Knicks a championship becasue he can't adapt his game, for me that is the most important aspect of a point guard. He needs to dominate the ball at all times, lacks the consistent jumper and to top it off his defense is matador at best.

I think a lot of you guys would do the trade after seeing Marbury's poor performance.

I think a team of:
Crawford pg
H20 sg
VC sf
Sweetney pf
Narz c

is solid and TT can be reduced to the role that he was made for back up sf. Thats a very solid team any way you look at it.
AUTOADVERT
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
8/16/2004  10:16 AM
Its funny how USA loses a game and everyone wants marbury gone...Marbury only played half a season in a knicks uniform, lets see him play some games with the new squad together for a full training camp before we say these things.
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/16/2004  10:22 AM
I think we gotta give Marbs a season before we start thinking trade....I was thinking the same thing you wrote....

Craw's handle is right up there with the best in the world. He can run the point fine if he had to. I like the idea of having VC and him in the backcourt....Timmy is the guy I want at the 3.

We still gotta give Marbs at least till the deadline....I refuse to watch USA basketball so I don't have an opinion on his play there.....Marbs just needs time with some good players around him for 82 games...it's only right.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/16/2004  10:27 AM
if you don't think a scoring pg can lead a team to a championship, how are you going to do it with Crawford as the PG?

don't judge these nba players on what they do over at the olympics- many of these teams that we are facing play together for a full year- this USA squad has had a handful of games together- are adopting to a new style of play- and might not be as motivate as these other guys-

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/16/2004  10:33 AM
Unless Marbury brought us back a big man or Kobe or a combination of a high pick[where there is a big man] and a player, I would keep him. We paid to much for him. I would trade him for a number of big men like gasol boozer etc...
RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
USA
8/16/2004  10:35 AM
Posted by franco12:

if you don't think a scoring pg can lead a team to a championship, how are you going to do it with Crawford as the PG?

don't judge these nba players on what they do over at the olympics- many of these teams that we are facing play together for a full year- this USA squad has had a handful of games together- are adopting to a new style of play- and might not be as motivate as these other guys-

Crawford has said he is willing to learn, I'm not to sure Marbury is willing to learn or can't learn to change his style for the good of the team. But yes I agree I will give Marbury time with the Knicks thats a fair assesment on your part.

Another thing about the olympics is I would like to see these players start since they have the most experience playing together thats:
Marbury
Marion
Amare
I thik these guys should be starting since they have a better idea about their tendencies on the court.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/16/2004  10:39 AM
this is so typical of Knick fan's patience. Lets just keep trading guys every 6 months and if we dont like them after 30 games or so lets pull the plug.

Thats a good way to build team chemistry.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
8/16/2004  10:39 AM
Marbury played very well on the Knicks during the season. It looks like he's not exerting 100% effort right now in the Olympics (and neither are the other players except Duncan). I don't like it, but I don't think it is relevant to how he'll play as a Knick because we've seen him lead the NBA in assists and be a great scorer as a Knick.

LOL! I was wondering about that too!

I think Marbury and Crawford can be a great backcourt for many years and I would leave them intact unless we got an unbelievable offer

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/16/2004 10:44:20]
NYK3
Member: #725
USA
8/16/2004  10:42 AM
[quote] I think Marbury and Crawford can be a great backcourt for many years and I would leave in intact unless we got an ubelievable offer.

I AGREE
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/16/2004  10:44 AM
i can't believe what i'm reading.

FLUSH
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/16/2004  10:45 AM
Posted by fishmike:

this is so typical of Knick fan's patience. Lets just keep trading guys every 6 months and if we dont like them after 30 games or so lets pull the plug.

and people want to talk about tearing things down and rebuilding from scratch. RIGHT. knicks fans definitely have the patience for that...what a joke.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 08/16/2004 10:46:15]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/16/2004  10:47 AM
did't we just see Detroit win the Championship?

You can't always say that you need a particular type of position player to win a championship, but the right mix of players COULD lead you down that path.

Have lots of defensive players ala Detroit? Scoring PG works just fine.

Have Shaq and Kobe on your team? A good-shooting deep threat of a PG works just fine.

It's the chemistry that's more important than the exact role.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
USA
8/16/2004  10:50 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

FLUSH
I wonder if the Heat fans are saying the same criticism about Wade because he couldn't handle guarding Arroyo. I wonder if Nets fans ripped apart Jason Kidd 2 years ago for not being able to guard Arroyo then either. I wonder if Jazz fans are tearing apart Boozer and Cavs fans tearing apart Lebron and Nuggets fans tearing apart Carmelo for being awful yesterday. I bet those fans are disappointed but not tearing apart their franchise players after one game. I wonder why 2 or 3 Knick "fans" here hold Marbury to a higher standard than the other olympic players.
Bonn1997
USA
8/16/2004  10:52 AM
Posted by fishmike:

LOL!
Vmart
USA
8/16/2004  10:54 AM
Posted by martin:

did't we just see Detroit win the Championship?

You can't always say that you need a particular type of position player to win a championship, but the right mix of players COULD lead you down that path.

Have lots of defensive players ala Detroit? Scoring PG works just fine.

Have Shaq and Kobe on your team? A good-shooting deep threat of a PG works just fine.

It's the chemistry that's more important than the exact role.

Yes Chemistry is very important, but all signs are starting to show that even with an all star team Marbury is unable to create chemistry. Now that the Knicks are getting better players will Marbury be able to change his game to accomodate his teammates. I personally am having doubts about Marbury's ability to change his game to the teams need.
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/16/2004  10:58 AM
come on, stop that crap about marbury. US basketball teams were due to suffer one day or another.

Hey, in the finals of the olmypics of atlanta, yougoslavia gave team usa a good run for its money. 4 yrs later, the semi finals made your team sweating bullets, so...

no need to overreact about marbury. He's on the wrecking ship, but he's not the cause of it.

He'll do just fine provided you gave him at least a chance to do so. I can't believe kncks fans can't give a chance to a guy that was born in NY and always dreamed of playing for the knicks.

raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/16/2004  11:02 AM
Posted by Vmart:

Yes Chemistry is very important, but all signs are starting to show that even with an all star team Marbury is unable to create chemistry.

Team USA is not an all star team. It's a freacking unbalanced and too young to be here joke.

The word all star means nothing, when not coupled with playoffs success.

Odom, Boozer, Marion, Anthony, Okafor, Wade... How many trips to the finals do we have there ?

A team of jersey sellers and a team of true all stars really are different things.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/16/2004  11:06 AM
and those doubts after 40 freakin games?!?!?!?!?

This is exactly what I am talking about. Wow
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/16/2004  11:18 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by djsunyc:

FLUSH
I wonder if the Heat fans are saying the same criticism about Wade because he couldn't handle guarding Arroyo. I wonder if Nets fans ripped apart Jason Kidd 2 years ago for not being able to guard Arroyo then either. I wonder if Jazz fans are tearing apart Boozer and Cavs fans tearing apart Lebron and Nuggets fans tearing apart Carmelo for being awful yesterday. I bet those fans are disappointed but not tearing apart their franchise players after one game. I wonder why 2 or 3 Knick "fans" here hold Marbury to a higher standard than the other olympic players.

ditto.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
8/16/2004  11:25 AM
Marbury is the best player who ever came to the knicks, besides Starks and Ewing! And NOW you people want to dump him!! Crazy A$$ !@#$%@@!
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
The more I see Marbury

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy