Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/28/2017  9:18 AM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:It's probably not going to happen but Knicks should be getting a feel for Willy's trade value right now.

Assuming KP is a future center -- Outside of our potential draft pick we have virtually nothing at the 1-4.

We could use a great young guard and a young wing SF.

My post assumes Melo is gone this summer.

Its a good idea if we get a nice return, you can't play 2 lumbering bigs upfront anymore

this conversation is 4-5 years premature

Lumbering? KP one the skills contest, that is not a lumbering player.
I'd say not event the knicks might even know what to do with this kid. He has skills and fundamentals at 7'3 I don't think anyone has seen before.
A hybrid of Dirk/Pau but with a handle better than both. Both were super skinny at his age.
Lumbering?

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/28/2017  9:57 AM
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:It's probably not going to happen but Knicks should be getting a feel for Willy's trade value right now.

Assuming KP is a future center -- Outside of our potential draft pick we have virtually nothing at the 1-4.

Its a good idea if we get a nice return, you can't play 2 lumbering bigs upfront anymore

Lumbering? KP one the skills contest, that is not a lumbering player.
I'd say not event the knicks might even know what to do with this kid. He has skills and fundamentals at 7'3 I don't think anyone has seen before.
A hybrid of Dirk/Pau but with a handle better than both. Both were super skinny at his age.
Lumbering?

neither lumber. Stumble and bumble maybe, but lumbering means someone isnt watching.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/28/2017  10:41 AM
nixluva wrote:

MEH! I've got two names for you... Bynum and Gasol!!! KP and Willy have good chemistry but they still need so much more physical and skills development. The Triangle is an offense that can accommodate two bigs with ease. They just need to keep developing these young men. The offseason program for them needs to be stepped up. This is just the beginning stages of their development.

Call me when Willy is protecting the lane and rim like Bynum did during his elite 2-3 year run.

LivingLegend

3/28/2017  10:45 AM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Anyone remember when the Spurs traded a young up and coming big-PG named George Hill for an unknown draft pick named K-Leonard.

You can trade young assets -- just has to be for the right player/pick.

Again - I'm not saying we should do this I'm saying we should understand exactly what the market is for Willy because we already have 3 other centers on the roster outside of KP and Willy.

LivingLegend

3/28/2017  10:46 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Interesting comment from Horny that they may switch Willy to defending 4's more next year and do the switching and allow KP to stay back closer to the rim and play 5. They feel Willy has the quicker feet.

It's more about rim protection and keeping KP out of foul trouble and less about Willy having quick feet.

Willy G might be better than KP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy